It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Object with four "Bulbs". Curiosity Sol 753.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
It is out of place. I am thinking it broke off of the flat, rectangular block just to the right and behind it. You can see an appendage about the right size that this could have broken off from. Doesn't explain anything but it makes it a larger anomaly.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I also have always been a 'its a rock' kinda guy 100% of the time

Well now its 99% of the time

Interesting, it really does look like one of the bulbs, fell off and a nub where it was attached is still there.

Cool, I mean don't get me wrong its a rock but a REALLY cool looking rock, and the fact that you can spot this small thing
Amazing

I mean its so good, you've only had like 4 guys give ya the 'its a rock' in 5 pages, and not even Phage is willing to come in and say it

Nice find
Keep it up
X

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Never had this with the moon!
some thinks funny.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: Arken

and the shadow is telling,

i believe the shadow is telling. and i love this thread so S&F for the OP for getting my mind going. unfortunately, the shadow is telling my eyes that it doesnt match up with the rest of them no matter how i look at it. could it be because its in the edge of the frame or its because of the lens, or if its just because it may unfortunately be faked? for which reason it eludes and therefore intrigues me. thanks for bringing this to light!

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Today I sent an email to NASA Offices for bringing to their attention this anomaly.
We wait patiently for a response...

Good morning,
I want submit to your attention (or the NASA/JPL office who process the images of the rover Curiosity) an interesting anomaly on Martian surface nearby the Rover Curiosity and detected on Sol 753 mars.jpl.nasa.gov... at the upper-left of the image.
This anomaly it definitely sticks out and is sufficiently different from the rest of what's lying around with its four "bulbs".
May the Rover can take a closer look to this anomaly?

Kind regards and good work.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Wind erosion - Rock.

2nd

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Nice catch! One "ball" might be natural, but why is this not natural? The regular even spacing of the "balls", and the even thickness of the flat piece underneath. Sorry, doesn't happen in nature, so much regularity.

More lies from NASA!

Oh well, threads like this are good as they uncover the liars as well.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

More lies from NASA!

More? What lie?
What has NASA said about this?
edit on 9/22/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

More lies from NASA!

More? What lie?
What has NASA said about this?

Hahaha there you go, you asked for it. Waiting, waiting, bang!!! Phage got you.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: CitizenJack

I appreciate the warm welcome, sir.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Good find ,looks like the top is broken of by some force looks manmade/

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Very Good Find Arken!!! No natural object here!!! Very Good!!!!
Syx.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
You've done it again Arken, you baited me outta hiding under my rock.
In all seriousness all the time I've been at ATS this is a GOLDEN find.
Well done to you my good sir.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

here is your object again

close up

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

sorry if it already been posted
edit on 22-9-2014 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Am I the only one who sees the numbers here? This is not nature. This is the hand of man. Look at what I have marked up here and then look carefully at the original. You should be able to see the numbers I have highlighted in blue. There are more also that I did not get to.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: groingrinder

good find... very interesting

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arken
Today I sent an email to NASA Offices for bringing to their attention this anomaly.
We wait patiently for a response...

Good morning,
I want submit to your attention (or the NASA/JPL office who process the images of the rover Curiosity) an interesting anomaly on Martian surface nearby the Rover Curiosity and detected on Sol 753 mars.jpl.nasa.gov... at the upper-left of the image.
This anomaly it definitely sticks out and is sufficiently different from the rest of what's lying around with its four "bulbs".
May the Rover can take a closer look to this anomaly?

Kind regards and good work.

Let`s hope they give you an answer.
I don't understand why NASA don't move in closer to some of these anomalies.

Surely they must have planned to do some closer investigations on certain things that would be found on the planet.
It just seems crazy to go all that way and just take photos and move on.

Nice find again Arken......S+F `d......!

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fultz

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse

I'm sure Phage will put us right soon,so we don't all run around screaming.
So I shouldn't worry.

Hello,

This is my first post ever after lurking for several years. I cannot take one more of these "Phage will come" responses again. Phage seems to be intelligent. What drives me insane, is people that worship him like he is the smartest human being on the face of the earth. He IS smart but he also does not pick ANY battles he cannot win. So stop with this trash please. There are a lot of threads he does not show up in that you *page* him to simply because he does not have an explanation to debunk the OP, or he just does not care.

I seriously think that several people here would jump off a cliff if he said to do so. It makes me sad.

Not that there is any need to defend Phage, but you do not have enough experience in this venue to make a statement like that. Phage is a subject expert, and one of ATS's best. His opinions are well respected here, and he is a most eloquent debugger and debunker, which is why he is called out so often. The "battles" that you say he picks, are in really some of the most abused threads on this site, and many have been saved by him basically exposing the bull# and emphasizing the science.

Look up courtesy when you have the time.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak
No natural object here!

Really? What makes you say that? Because it seems to be relatively complex? Because nature can't create anything complex?

Or do you know who made it, and what its function is? That would also go a long way toward proving its artificiality.

As is turns out, though, there are a lot of those little knobs on the nearby rocks, probably formed over time as the little bit of remaining condensing moisture deposited dust layers on top of a relatively cool iron nodule (which are extremely plentiful on Mars). Then over time the surrounding material gets worn away by the gritty wind, and leaves you with the stuff that is a bit more dense than the rest.

It would be fun if it were an artifact. But it's probably not.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
It looks like a part of a Gothic style church. Specifically the side mouldings complete with Gargoyle. Thats the first thing I thought.
I have given 2 examples but they are not as precisely fitting as a local church that I have seen many times over the years. local to Preston UK.

www.exploring-castles.com...
www.mmarkley.com...
edit on 22-9-2014 by AkaTaz because: extra information

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join