It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dem Rep: 40 American ISIS fighters have already returned to the United States

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Shocked?

Rep. Tim Bishop, D-N.Y., warned during a recent speech that up to 40 radicalized U.S. citizens who have fought alongside the Islamic State of Iraq and Levant (ISIL or ISIS) have already returned to the United States, where they could pose a terrorist threat.

Bishop claims that of the 100 or so Americans who have traveled to the Middle East to join ISIL’s ranks, some 40 have returned and are currently being surveilled by the FBI, according to his remarks, which were filmed and uploaded to YouTube last week.

then this!

These 40 individuals, Bishop said, “are under FBI attention and surveillance. So they are known and being tracked by the FBI.”

Source

Now come on!!!!!!!!! Seriously? What is the purpose of the Patriot ACT and the NDAA then?

Either this is fear mongering, OR it is gross negligence on the part of the Feds to protect "The Homeland"!

Aiding a terrorist organization is a black bag offense isn't it? So what's the purpose of monitoring 40 of them versus arresting them?

Is it just me, or anyone else see something drastically wrong with this scenario?

Is the FBI, looking to fabricate a fake terrorist attack?

Remember they new about the Boston Bombing suspects, but did nothing. Is this more of the same?

Here is the video which Rep. Bishop says "They are not yet a threat to "The Homeland"" at the 50 second mark!

Then at the 1 minute 20 second mark is where he says, "They are known, and being watched by the FBI".

Well, I can't get the yvid link to work, so here is the link Video

What say you ATS?

edit on 19-9-2014 by seeker1963 because: video link malfunction

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Isnt this what you multi billion doller NSA was meant to prevent??!?!?!?!

What are you paying the NSA for if they cant stop and few dumb jihad joes?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Would it surprise the FBI that there are common men and women who love the U.S. who are monitoring the agents that are monitoring those 40 people? Yet are doing nothing to stop them?

Same deal.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

They're not looking at Jihadis. They're spying on the average citizen who's too tired and overworked to even think about conspiracies.

Joe S. who goes to work 6 days a week, 12 hours a day, then comes home to watch a Tivo'd tv show from the night before with a beer in hand is an abhorrent threat to this country.

The Joe. S's of this world must be under constant surveillance.

Porous border? Coincidental infections? Inefficient government? Here, an iPhone update, you didn't see anything.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

If you notice in the video when he says that there were 40 of them here already, there was a gasp from those in the audience. Then when he said the FBI was watching them, there was a sigh of relief!

Unbelievable!

As a citizen, I want to know, "What are you waiting for? ARREST THEM if in fact this information is true!

edit on 19-9-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

The alphabet groups are chumming the waters and waiting for the sharks to follow the boat. Dangerous? Hell yes! Sharks have teeth and can behave unpredictably.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
America probably cherry picks terrorists now. America ran out of reasons to have its bloated military when the Berlin Wall fell. America could have worked for peace for the last 25 years and instead we used our power to continue to play games. America turned the world into its private fantasy world.

Reality found out where America moved to. And America owes back taxes. The question is whose going to be reality's repo man? Hard to repo from the guy who has the most weapons.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

What an idiot.

This means one of two things.

1. They do NOT have any of these people under surveillance, and hope to a few of them to freak out so they can find them.

2. This is true and he's offhandedly ruined an active FBI investigation.

Doesn't DHS take care of terrorism investigations?

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I would say why not prosecute them for crimes against Humanity because of their affiliation with ISIS .Don't torture them to spill the beans but on all of their contacts but deal with the reality of having a plain gray cell or maybe a touch of blue and yellows . a reply to: seeker1963

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

They rolled the FBI and a few other agencies into Homeland Security if I am not mistaken......

Here is a chart of what organizations fall under HS. And I stand corrected! As per the chart, I do not see the FBI listed...

Chart

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I hate to lower myself to their standards, but, I say we lop their damn heads off!

Fight fire with fire...

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Those 40 are the only ones in the US then huh? Those 140 people he's talking about I'm sure come from nice adopted upperclass homes with no brothers or uncles or cousins to blab on about all there glorious time in the lavant, right?

I'm pretty sure this is the poop or get off the pot moment. A sleeping monster has been stirring and impossible to stamp out because of its camo as civ's. I say give it time. Santa is making his list and checking it twice and soon will have a nice raid team dropping down the chimneys of everyone on his naughty list.

HOPEFULLY before too much gets done. The ndaa gives them some power lets see them use it where it's needed.

ETA: hell by sneaking into the US(porous border) and returning in these guys case these fools are stepping into a highly surveilled facial recognized world that has some pretty bummer rules for people we deem terrorists.

I may be stretching here but in a perfect world this is where they can really earn some brownies points back by doing the right thing. Deem proper terrorists "terrorists" and throw them in a hole where they aren't soon to crawl out. *fingers crossed*
edit on 19-9-2014 by mindseye1609 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-9-2014 by mindseye1609 because: Autocorrect can rot in the depths of hades!!

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Maybe they FBI are waiting to see who there contacts in the United States are to catch a larger more unknown group of them planning something.

I don't know that's what I would do.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum
Maybe they FBI are waiting to see who there contacts in the United States are to catch a larger more unknown group of them planning something.

I don't know that's what I would do.

Could be, but why not just black bag em? I use that term instead of arrest, because the NDAA give that authority to the FED's to do so.

Is the risk of losing track of a few them worth it to those who might lose their lives because "a few" got away, just to get a higher up on the list? OR Is there going to be an FBI set up so they can proclaim they caught the terrorists in the act of committing a crime just so "the people" will allow more of our freedoms to be taken away than already have?

I'm not buying it! If they are here, grab em and take them to Guantanamo!

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Well if there waiting to arrest these 40 people after seeing if they get in contact or form a cell in the USA he's let the cat out of the bag in saying the FBI are monitoring them :-/

They know now

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I think the major fear is doing the same thing we've been doing for 20 years.

Lock 40 dudes in a hole and you get 400 more that poke their head up. I reckon they are going for the headshot with this one. I hope anyway

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

We've been taking pictures of retinas and faces in country for 15 years now. If these Doofies havnt heard the stories yet and they think they have free reign they are going to be in for a surprise lol.

If this guys press conferance is what allerted them to their fbi tail then we have nothing to worry about anyway.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I don't know. I'd like to know where this guy got his info. 40 seems like too round a number. 26, 37 maybe. And from I have heard I don't think you just sign up for a 12 month tour with these guys.

Heard on NPR this morning from a Muslim guy who works to deradicalize kids wanting to go fight. He says basically they get there and somebody accuses them of being an American spy. So they have to prove they are not. How better than become a suicide bomber?

Also saw a story recently where a bunch wanted to return back to England I think and they imprisoned them and will cut off their heads pretty soon.

And if they are under FBI surveillance you can bet CAIR will have their panties in a wad proclaiming they are just good muslim kids who went on vacation. And we know the FBI will bow down to any of their demands.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Pretty simple release their names and pics let us citizens sort out the details... By whatever means we determine.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Unless they're monitoring them in hopes they will lead them to another group in the U.S. who isn't on their radar. Although, I have to say it would be rather difficult to monitor 40 individuals 24/7. It only takes 1 day for them to give the CIA the slip. Why would they even take a chance?

The only other thing I can think of, is maybe they're intentionally allowing these individuals to roam free in the U.S. to direct them covertly to create another false flag operation in the U.S.? Let them do the dirty work while the government pulls the strings.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join