It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God save the German Queen who rules over England

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nechash
a reply to: Jesuslives4u

The Queen does have blood from the House of Alpins, so she is a cousin to Scottish Royalty, much better than the House of Stewards of the House of Hanover which had no relation to those people whatsoever. Although, I hate monarchy, so who is keeping account?

I know this thread started out about the queen having German blood not her being a dictator (which she secretly is). However I see that many English have taken offense to her German blood line..... one Brit didn't even know of her background. Recheck the thread.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: Jesuslives4u
The queen of England is 88 years old.

Again, so what? Is she still capable of doing the job? Yes or no?
Some people at 88 could do it just fine.
Some people at 55 could not.
Show us why she can't do the job anymore and I'll say she should step down as well.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite
a reply to: FlyersFan

You can't just 'pass' someone over. He can abdicate, but this fiasco surely has gone on long enough. They should all be stripped of titles and most of their ill-gotten gains and made to live like everyone else.

I can't believe that our so-called civilized social constructs in this day and age still seem to sometimes require this sort of thing.

A BIG STAR for you sir,

I know from time to time we disagree but this time I agree with you!

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum_Squirrel

so much hate in this OP .. why?

the German queen thing has been done a million times , i know you hate you lost the referendum but its time to man up

I for one am proud that we stand together still and it may teach others a thing or to about what an evolving democracy looks like.. of course its not perfect but together we are stronger..

i have no love for the monarchy but your figures and statistics are outdated and debunked , i agree we shouldn't fund her, but they do bring a lot of money into the country via tourism etc.

Q

If you hate in my post it is because that is what you see. I am not being hateful.

link   
a reply to: Quantum_Squirrel

For the record, the OP was not even written by anyone British,they have started several threads relating to this very same subject and IMO are just trying to collect stars and flags.

With that in mind, nothing to do with anyone within the British Isles being a sore looser over the referendum, just someone antagonising the whole situation to suit their own AGENDA.

link   

a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite
I have no use for royals and no understanding of why the UK want to keep them on the payroll like they do. However, it's their country and they can do as they wish.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

if you don't like me that is fine. I will not be losing any sleep over it. And if you don't like my thread you can leave. No one is keeping you here against your will. You stay here to fight and argue.

Thank you in the name of Jesus Christ!
edit on 19-9-2014 by Jesuslives4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Where are you from?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco
a reply to: Quantum_Squirrel

For the record, the OP was not even written by anyone British,they have started several threads relating to this very same subject and IMO are just trying to collect stars and flags.

With that in mind, nothing to do with anyone within the British Isles being a sore looser over the referendum, just someone antagonising the whole situation to suit their own AGENDA.

lol

I could care less if I get any stars or flags but since you mentioned this I see that you do.

God bless you.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

If you let God sort out the starving children we will be in big trouble .. he/shes not doing a very good job at the moment

21,000 children WILl die today in this world .. a sobering thought

but yeah angry post .. throw in God to get the the blood boiling on all sides of the spectrum

do you even reside in the UK?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

The Royals cost us 70pence maximum per year each...

The amount that comes in through tourism to see the Royals far exceeds that amount...

The Queen isn't a dictator either...
This thread is a joke imo!!!

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

I have no use for royals and no understanding of why the UK want to keep them on the payroll like they do. However, it's their country and they can do as they wish.

I'm a Royalist and love the British Royal Family, and the traditions that come with having a Royal Family. Having no monarch would mean we would have had "President Blair or Cameron" and that's not something I would like to see here.

Some facts about the British Royal Family;

The Queen has published her financial accounts, which show that the Royal Family cost the taxpayer 52p per person last year. But the figure, published in the public finances annual report, does not include the cost of providing security and police protection for members of the monarchy.

The British tourism agency has reported that the royal family generates close to 500 million pounds, or about $767 million, every year in tourism revenue, drawing visitors to historic royal sites like the Tower of London, Windsor Castle, and Buckingham Palace. The country's tourism agency says that of the 30 million foreign visitors who came to Britain in 2010, 5.8 million visited a castle .

I'd say they were worth keeping as the revenue they attract far outweighs the cost of having them.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

The problem with that is that very same country - or group of countries - is historically responsible for much of the political mess we find ourselves in today. They have so much to answer for. Their monarchy still has it's tentacles in many of our countries and why/ It's a tiny, little, insignificant speck on the globe. A faded and almost bizarrely once strong power.

We need to change the world and we need to do it by dismantling the old way of things. Scotland could have started something huge and chose to go the easy, safe path.

This monarchy will try to use the Cambridge babies as leverage for some sort of future legitimacy, but hopefully they will just end up like most other monarchies.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

The Royals cost us 70pence maximum per year each...

The amount that comes in through tourism to see the Royals far exceeds that amount...

The Queen isn't a dictator either...
This thread is a joke imo!!!

This thread is the greatest advert on why ATS should have a down voting system .. negative stars / flags etc
edit on 19/9/14 by Quantum_Squirrel because: spelling

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

The British tourism agency has reported that the royal family generates close to 500 million pounds, or about $767 million, every year in tourism revenue, drawing visitors to historic royal sites like the Tower of London, Windsor Castle, and Buckingham Palace. The country's tourism agency says that of the 30 million foreign visitors who came to Britain in 2010, 5.8 million visited a castle .

I'd say they were worth keeping as the revenue they attract far outweighs the cost of having them.

Is it they or the castles and palaces that generate the revenue? Castles and palaces which incidentally were built and/or paid for from ill-gotten taxes from a long-past (thank goodness) era.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I was born in US......grandfather and grandmother from Scotland..........live in Germany.

EDIT LATER: With family in Scotland.
edit on 19-9-2014 by Jesuslives4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Well the queen was born in England...
As were her parents...

There is at least 6 generations that are English...
German blood has nothing to do with it...

edit on 19-9-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Is it they or the castles and palaces that generate the revenue? Castles and palaces which incidentally were built and/or paid for from ill-gotten taxes from a long-past (thank goodness) era.

bring back window tax i say!!!! it will solve all our probs :p

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

It's a tiny, little, insignificant speck on the globe. A faded and almost bizarrely once strong power.

Ouch, BasementWarrior, I normally rate you but what's with the Anti English rhetoric today. So what if we have a Royal Family as head of our state, does not have any effect on you guys over the pond.

Its ok if you don't like our Royal Family, no one is asking you to, but at the end of the day, we respect your democracy, show a little more civility towards ours

edit on 19.9.2014 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

edit on 19.9.2014 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

We need to change the world and we need to do it by dismantling the old way of things.

How weak is your country if you feel the UK monarchy is holding you back? Lol.
I do not support a constitutional monarchy but consider it as a mild distraction, I feel for your poor nation waiting for us to get rid of them before you can grow

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join