It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkish Television Drama Filmed Back in February...look familiar at 0.33 seconds?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Great find OP...certainly art imitating reality or the other way around.

One thing I noticed though, when this whole ISIS thing broke out, and I was searching their self-produced propaganda videos on youtube and other video sites...their videos are actually quite good in terms of quality. I mean, they looked like professionally shot, like the guy holding the camera knew how to set balance and avoid washouts and everything. I mean, they don't just turn on auto and shoot (if they did you would notice exposure compensations)...they set it manually and shoot. They are far from the Al Queda videos I saw where the camera guy just turned it on and pointed it...no composition and balance whatsoever.

Or maybe it's just me...I dunno.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: IQPREREQUISITE
Great find OP...certainly art imitating reality or the other way around.

One thing I noticed though, when this whole ISIS thing broke out, and I was searching their self-produced propaganda videos on youtube and other video sites...their videos are actually quite good in terms of quality. I mean, they looked like professionally shot, like the guy holding the camera knew how to set balance and avoid washouts and everything. I mean, they don't just turn on auto and shoot (if they did you would notice exposure compensations)...they set it manually and shoot. They are far from the Al Queda videos I saw where the camera guy just turned it on and pointed it...no composition and balance whatsoever.

Or maybe it's just me...I dunno.

No, you are exactly right! The fact that ISIS is a creation of US/Israel,SA, means that they have access to top notch equipment and editing resources. Remember a few years ago, the US/CIA came out and said something to the effect of being able to script some of the BEST Hollywood movies. I think they(US and freinds) are treating this whole thing like a heavyweight title fight/Hollywood blockbuster in my opinion. I mean, the recent ISIS trailer? Tell me the last time that a terrorist orginization put out a MOVIE TRAILER?!?!?! The whole thing has really gotten out of hand, stinks to high hell,and makes me sick.
edit on 19-9-2014 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Do they ever show their feet in the IS beheading videos? Because the background, in contrast to the people, looks like a "blue screen" to me for some reason in the stills. Im not interested in watching a beheading video so I do not know what the effect looks like in the video.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

Its no mystery, art imitates life, and then life imitates art, and eventually it goes on till you dont not know which is which, or which came first, its basically the chicken and egg question. Only more stupid. If people seen it on TV then it must be true, whole trends in societies have been started with less.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman

originally posted by: Olivine
I've done some digging. The trailer is for the new season of the TV show, Valley of the Wolves: Ambush.

American actor Andy Garcia arrived in Turkey on, or just prior to, 4 September 2014 to begin filming for the 1st episode. This link states his part will take 3 or 4 days to film.

On the lead actor's facebook page, there are stills from the trailer showing the orange jumpsuit scene, posted 29 August and 6 September.

The Foley beheading was c. 19 August 2014.

This seems to be a morbid case of art imitating current events.

Fantastic work!!! I really thought we were on to something here, this pretty much blows it all out of the water....Something else I had noticed in the stills of the "real" and the trailer pics, the "real" ones the guy is grabbing the shoulder area of the suit in a fist. In the trailer, the man has his hand gently placed on his shoulder, flat. Wow, thank you for bursting our bubble, I really thought we were on to something!! Move along folks, shows over, nothing to see here....

I suppose that's a bit like saying "sorry for my grossly inaccurate post and misleading title. Next time I'll check my facts before screaming conspiracy".

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: subby

I've done some digging. The trailer is for the new season of the TV show, Valley of the Wolves: Ambush.

American actor Andy Garcia arrived in Turkey on, or just prior to, 4 September 2014 to begin filming for the 1st episode. This link states his part will take 3 or 4 days to film.

On the lead actor's facebook page, there are stills from the trailer showing the orange jumpsuit scene, posted 29 August and 6 September.

Fantastic work!!! I really thought we were on to something here, this pretty much blows it all out of the water....Something else I had noticed in the stills of the "real" and the trailer pics, the "real" ones the guy is grabbing the shoulder area of the suit in a fist. In the trailer, the man has his hand gently placed on his shoulder, flat. Wow, thank you for bursting our bubble, I really thought we were on to something!! Move along folks, shows over, nothing to see here....

I suppose that's a bit like saying "sorry for my grossly inaccurate post and misleading title. Next time I'll check my facts before screaming conspiracy".

Im sorry, do YOU have any facts to bring to the table? Did I not say I saw this on another site? Yes I did. Did I say that I created it? Nope, I did not. I suggest you troll elsewhere. Besides, if you read a little more you will see I am not convinced, I still need more evidence of the film date. Again, do you have anything to add or are you just here to troll?
edit on 19-9-2014 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I'll add, the simplest answer is usually the correct one. It would seem to me you're trying to make a conspiracy where there isn't one. A film directer is merely mimicking what the world has seen on the news. It's funny how things get out of hand when it comes to conspiracy egos. You didn't uncover a Middle East movie plot where film crews were involved in faking executions. (if that's what this is all supposed to point to) You uncovered art imitating life.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I look at all these beheading videos from a "different" angle. If these monster terrorists are brown skinned Islamic folks that believe in suicide b*mbings and going to Allah to get their 72 virgins or whatever, then why all the disguises. Why do they care if they get identified...if it is supposed to be an "honor" to die for Allah by suicide or some such.

In ALL these videos, they are covered up so much, you can barely see their eyes even, why? What are they so worried about anyhow? They are so covered up in that garb that it's a wonder they aren't tripping all over the place...covered from head to toe. There could be anybody from any country/faction/nationality/race/creed and such. The perp could be purple for all we know. I know Islamic like to have their females covered up a lot like that but why these killers? You'd think they would be proud to show themselves. Are some of the killers female or what? How do we know WHO really is dressed in all that garb and who/what they really represent? Geez, they could even be an alphabet agency person or a fellow from any faction, (fill in name here), or a person from any country that wishes to maintain an unstable ME.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: subby

Im sorry, do YOU have any facts to bring to the table? Did I not say I saw this on another site? Yes I did. Did I say that I created it? Nope, I did not. I suggest you troll elsewhere. Besides, if you read a little more you will see I am not convinced, I still need more evidence of the film date. Again, do you have anything to add or are you just here to troll?

"Move along folks, shows over, nothing to see here" - your words, not mine. The evidence that the clip was created after the ISIS videos were released is available in this very thread. Occam's razor strikes again.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
This is the end game.. everybody needs to see this thread! Share the crap out of this thing. Everybody!

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Thank you for finding out the truth. Its difficult to find people who think what is true is more important than anything else.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: shrevegal

Very interesting point, Is it psychological thing, or are they scared of being identified?

It might be Brad Pit.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I agree that the images are very close, but I do believe it's a coincidence in this case... Prisoners are COMMONLY put in orange jumpsuits, so I don't find anything odd there. And when it comes to terrorist attire, I'm not saying the all black wardrobe is random, because I don't really know, but I do know that a lot of these terrorists prefer to cover their faces when shooting videos, so that's not too strange to me either..

Odd video, but I feel it's more a coincidence than anything... Just my 2 cents

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Mighy be worth finding out if ISIS had done a beheading video similar to the one we first saw long ago and we just didn't know because it wasn't American and this Turkish show was actually imitating a real event rather inspiring the look for a later event.

But good eye it looks near identical.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I saw that movie Valley of the Wolves as it came up on ATS one time, and its exactly the inverse of a cheesy half-assed American action movie... where the bad guys are pure evil and kill children with impunity, and they miss most of their shots, while the good guys never have to reload and make friends with a child and single mom. lol

Reminds me more of the Expendables than Homeland, if thats what comes to mind. Very silly C-movie. But the whole thing with the Turkish false flag in Syria did ring a bell...

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I'm from Turkey, Istanbul and i'm a Muslim.
I would like to explain something about this TV series called Kurtlar Vadisi.

1. This caps from Chapter 230. (displayed on Kanal D in 18.09.2014)
2. Kurtlar Vadisi scenarists handle always current issues. For example you can see a scene that realized issue just 10-15 days ago in Turkey or in the world.
3. This series countinue 12 years.
4. Producers also made 3 cinema films. "Kurtlar Vadisi Irak", "Kurtlar Vadisi Filistin" and "Kurtlar Vadisi Gladio"
tr.wikipedia.org...:Kurtlar_Vadisi_filmleri

So don't think stupid fantasies to establish a relationship between Turkey an ISIS. We hate ISIS !

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
That Turkish drama reminds me of 24! Now I want to see it. I don't necessarily think anyone copied anyone else, the idea is just one that seems to be floating around that area of the world.

Although the orange jump suit gets me. Does ISIS keep their prisoners in orange jump suits?

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

This ^^^^^ up here, answered the similarities question!

I don't know why people are still freaking out about this, it's a mere case of a film company imitating recent events through film. people need to start reading the entire thread.

No big deal

edit on 20-9-2014 by Lady_Tuatha because: typo

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

No, you are exactly right! The fact that ISIS is a creation of US/Israel,SA, means that they have access to top notch equipment and editing resources.

I haven't seen any evidence that they are US creation. However as they have stolen billions of dollars and taken over several cities (including the TV studios in them) I don't think access to equipment is going to be a problem.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
A popular turkish drama series, very popular in the arab world as well, it was dubbed into arabic for all the first 7 parts of the series, the 8th, 9th were not so people are offering them subtitled into arabic on youtube and other streaming sites, part 9 is the latest started airing on 18 septemer 2014, the series mimics the events of the middle east and turkey so it is very normal to see scenes isis like, no conspiracy here folks move on

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join