It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 overlooked Questions we SHOULD be asking about ISIS/ISIL/IS...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Weve all seen a million threads about this alleged terrorist group, and obviously the debates have gone back and forth as to if the videos are real. If this group is real or servicing the needs of the US/SA/Israel. However, while I enjoy participating in these discussions as much as the next guy/girl, I do believe we are missing some very simple, key questions here.
1. In this day and age where the US(and other countries, but mainly the US), has technology such as drones with the ability to fire a missile with pinpoint accuracy from anywhere around the world,, satellites with the ability to read the time on a wristwatch on anyone from around the world. Why have the US not been able to use these technologies as means to stop them?
2. The NSA. We already know the never ending reach of the NSA, and their ability to listen in, and more than likely see any internet action on any country, any person in the world. Why have the US/NSA not intercepted every single one of the calls, emails, internet transmissions made by this group, and IF they have, it appears nothing has been done to stop anything, nor has it even been mentioned as a possibility, at least by anything I have seen. They have to have an IP address from where the alleged emailed goodbye letter that was apparently sent from Jim Foley to his parents, right?
3. The US is able to impose financial sanctions and freeze assets of most anybody on the planet. Why are ISIS allowed to "make money on their oil profits", like they would want us to believe, and have this great financial power, yet nothing has been done in this area as far as frozen assets, bank account, whatever?
4. Isnt it at least odd to say the least, all ISIS does is benefit the US/SA/Israel and their own personal interests? So far they have played the role of a new boogeyman to instill terror on the American people, so we keep paying gas money for the never ending war machine. They have garnered support by other nations to support US bombs in Syria(which is exactly what we tried to do last year, and failed).
5. Where the hell is Israel in all of this? I mean, I know they just got done with their own conflict, but not even a threat to them from ISIS, nor any support offered in the coalition the US is forming? Seems just a little weird to me. I mean, Israel is ALWAYS being threatened. Not now? They have even threatened Russia and the Pope, but no ill will towards Israel huh?
These are just my opinions obviously, feel free to debate, but lets keep it civil please. Again, these are just the obvious questions I think are being overlooked and really deserve an answer to.
edit on 18-9-2014 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
ISIS/ISIL/IS/SILLI.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
It would appear that IS have friends in very high places.

I believe A game is being played, on a scale so big you would need to stand on the moon to grasp its scale.
A storm is coming though.
A bad one.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Afghanistan, Iraq, Egypt, Libya and finally it was Syria's turn. Except the Syrian government was somehow able to hold out against the Western backed "rebels". Cue the gas attack on the children. Obama renews calls for attacking Syria, except this time, the American people didnt buy it.

Spin off ISUS, unleash them into the region and voila! The American people are screaming for an armed invasion.

Problem, reaction, solution.

And right on cue:

Obama ready to strike at Islamic State militants in Syria.

But we'll just be attacking the "bad guys", not Syria itself. Mmm hmm, sure.

I see people posting about "how scared they are" over this ISUS...

So long as people continue to be this easily programmable, TPTB will never stop using various boogeymen to control the population...

edit on 18-9-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
The whole ISIS has a lot of money to use strikes me as odd also. Which bankers are running ISIS.

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Israel and the US government has been creating their enemies to make the world believe that they're just defending themselves and fighting the evil cavemen.

Zionism is the backbone of the satanic New World Order. Their final goal is to centralize all power, destabilize all countries in that region ( the Levant), install a puppet terrorist state (ISIS) that would later threaten Israel. Israel would cry out to the world that they're in danger and then invade the entire Levant hence creating Greater Israel, where the one world govenrment would be ruled from.

Ask yourself why ISIS hasn't fires a single bullet at Israel? It's because they're controlled by them. They would never fight their employer(Israel). The rabithole does not end at the Rotchschilds, oil or the Rockefellers. It leads straight to Israel. "It is a big idea, a New World Order" as said by big Bush. ISIS plays a big part in this plan.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boeing777
Israel and the US government has been creating their enemies to make the world believe that they're just defending themselves and fighting the evil cavemen.

Zionism is the backbone of the satanic New World Order. Their final goal is to centralize all power, destabilize all countries in that region ( the Levant), install a puppet terrorist state (ISIS) that would later threaten Israel. Israel would cry out to the world that they're in danger and then invade the entire Levant hence creating Greater Israel, where the one world govenrment would be ruled from.

Ask yourself why ISIS hasn't fires a single bullet at Israel? It's because they're controlled by them. They would never fight their employer(Israel). The rabithole does not end at the Rotchschilds, oil or the Rockefellers. It leads straight to Israel. "It is a big idea, a New World Order" as said by big Bush. ISIS plays a big part in this plan.

You are right...and Israel and SA wont be happy until they decimate the rest of the arab world off of the map...I agree with you completely.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

Yes. Forgot to mention the Saudi puppets.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

A couple of things, "Israel just got done with their own conflict", wasn't really a conflict, more like a racist massacre of the people of Gaza. Secondly, the only connection thus far that Israel have had with ISIS, is to use it as propaganda against HAMAS, which is quite laughable in itself.

And I had a thought last night, how many ex-detainees of Gauntanamo Bay joined ISIS? And has the U.S.' treatment of Muslims had an effect on these people?

Granted, there are a lot of things that don't add up with this group who seem to have a shocked their way onto the MSM.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

I totally agree with the Israel racist massacre angle, was just trying to keep it short.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Yeah. Guantanamo is there for a reason too and fighting terrorism is not one of them. Many detainees actually got back to terrorism. Bin Laden 2.0 AKA Al-Baghdadi was released from US custody before he was flown back. The truth gets uglier as you connect the dots.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
By hook or by crook they will make their war .TPTB ,although would like to have the support of the masses really don't need it .Even if we don't see is isis as the big bad boogyman the talking heads will keep repeating the same point . It's like the bad Putin meme .Makes you wonder if after awhile they start believing their own lies .The msm keeps repeating the same false things every step of the way . In a few years when it will be shown that it was a lie all along ,no one will be held accountable for it ,even if you find the person that started the lie like WMD's in Iraq . They took the break from the original lie about the chemical weapons to focus on the Ukraine and big bad Putin .

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman

I totally agree with the Israel racist massacre angle, was just trying to keep it short.

Is Israel racist? Without a doubt but this isn't a straightforward thing to understand. We shouldn't just look at what's going on in Gaza or else we'll just get caught back into the same old cycle.

There's more to this. ISIS is currently on an ethnic cleansing mission. They're literally killing anybody who gets in their way, Muslim or not, they'll kill them. They're killing Arabs, Kurds and Yazidis non-stop. This won't stop until Assad has fallen and they take over most of the Middle East. And by that time, millions more will be dead thus leading to a reduction in population, not to mention the Iraq War that left millions dead.
edit on 18-9-2014 by Boeing777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Well all those questions have 2 answers imho. Either the tech is over hyped and do not really work the way it is advertised or it is allowed cause isis is usa. a reply to: thesmokingman

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boeing777

originally posted by: thesmokingman

Is Israel racist? Without a doubt but this isn't a straightforward thing to understand. We shouldn't just look at what's going on in Gaza or else we'll just get caught back into the same old cycle.

There's more to this. ISIS is currently on an ethnic cleansing mission. They're literally killing anybody who gets in their way, Muslim or not, they'll kill them. They're killing Arabs, Kurds and Yazidis non-stop. This won't stop until Assad has fallen and they take over most of the Middle East. And by that time, millions more will be dead thus leading to a reduction in population, not to mention the Iraq War that left millions dead.

Yes, Israel is doing what the Nazis did to them many years ago. And just like many years ago, it was not limited to just Jews who were being killed. Millions is kind of a high number too on Iraq. I believe just over 500,000 have been killed as a result of the Iraq war. Point taken though.
edit on 18-9-2014 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I completely agree with you and nothing to add to your op!

As a footnote though on CNN this morning they were discussing what name we should really be calling this group, how precious. They went back and forth over the few choices saying the usual rhetoric; they are not Islam, they are not a state, yada yada yada but then they turned to France of all places to congratulate them for a perfect choice for a name.

"Daese Cutthroats" (probably spelled it wrong)

I watched the entire news crew joking and laughing stating on about how much ISIL will cut the tongues off anyone that breathes this name in their presence and they are finally glad they have a way to 'get' to them psychologically. They even went as far to state France should get an award for this.
Yes, I turned off the TV at that point!
edit on 9/18/2014 by AnteBellum because: spelling

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

CNN knows how to fan the flames, fortunately people are waking up and don't buy the propaganda as much, as a result CNN has miserable ratings.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: HumansEh
It would appear that IS have friends in very high places.

I believe A game is being played, on a scale so big you would need to stand on the moon to grasp its scale.
A storm is coming though.
A bad one.

This is a very good comment ! You really need to be high up to see what's going on.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Isisrael haven't said anything about them except to compare them to Hamas...
Mr.Netanyahu is an embarrassment...
Nikolas Sarkozy called him a compulsive liar and complained of having to deal with him...
Barrack Obama replied "you think that's bad?...I have to deal with him everyday"...

This is an Isisraeli/Saudi joint venture...
This is conjecture & speculation but I'll stick by it until I'm proven wrong...

As for technology & the NSA...
They won't reveal that either way due to national security...
I'm sure it's what's led to the Airstrikes though!

As for sanctions...
They should be pressing to find out who they're banking billions of dollars with...
I'd have thought that would be important to say the least...

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I keep hearing about ISIS is trying to terrorize the American people through it's video's and propaganda....sorry MSM, most of us ARE NOT terrorized, it's the unarmed people of that region who are the ones terrorized...but the medias hype is becoming over-the-top in the constant drumming up of support for war....and notice that every few days, some media polling firm comes out with the latest poll....to me it's just a reading on how well the propaganda is working, so they can report back to government when the people have been properly suckered. it's like those commercials that play over and over every day for six months, until you switch channels trying to avoid the same crap being sold to you.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join