It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 overlooked Questions we SHOULD be asking about ISIS/ISIL/IS...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

Very true. BUT when you have to rely on codebooks or machines, it just takes one to get stolen and the jig's up.

But one good point, is that sometimes codes are so complicated, that countries use the same codes into the beginning of successive wars. Here's a great story about that pigeon-skeleton WWII code found in an English attic, that was cracked with a WWI codebook:

worldnews.nbcnews.com...
UNBREAKABLE WWII CARRIER-PIGEON CODE CRACKED BY CANADIAN ENTHUSIAST USING WWI CODEBOOK

edit on 21-9-2014 by MKMoniker because: typo

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Enigma machines

ahh yes the first time Britian said "i believe we can Trust the Americans,, with our Jam Jars!

well done Ladies,,

now we have,,

opps thats 7.

Thats what happens when u share,,,,

edit on 9/21/2014 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

There are lingering questions about how the ISIL got so good so fast. I suspect they were trained by a Super-power Spec Ops. And if they were American Spec Ops (programs of which have exploded under Team Obama) still embedded in the ISIL, this might explain our reluctance to attack them full-force, head-on.

There is also a history here that is not well known: we started bringing foreign soldiers to the U.S. by the truckload in Team Obama's first term, for tours and training. I don't mind training allies, like the Canadian officer who was in the base hierarchy at Fort Hood, here in Texas. But when I started seeing photos of Russian officers touring Cheyenne Mountain, I began to feel uneasy. (I learned later that the Air Force and NORAD left Cheyenne Mountain in 2006 for Peterson AFB

www.gateworld.net...
AIR FORCE WILL CLOSE CHEYENNE MOUNTAIN

But what about foreign soldiers being brought over to CURRENT American military bases?

www.foxnews.com...
3 AFGHAN ARMY SOLDIERS REPORTED MISSING FROM MASSACHUSETTS MILITARY BASE

If ballet dancers from Russia want to defect after performances in New York City, I couldn't care less. But we are at war in Afghanistan, and are always unsure who is secretly aligned with Al Queada, the Taliban and now ISIL. So what kind of security procedures were these three Afghan soldiers put thru before bringing them to the U.S.? And now that they've disappeared, are they forming or joining a terrorist cell Back East?

This is the schizoid stupidity that seems rampant in our country today, where secretive Agendas are off spinning in their own little orbits, and no one knows what anyone else is doing. I mean, all this money to secure the southern border - but military bases in Massachusetts are bringing over Afghan soldiers. I would think that when it comes to training frenemy soldiers from a country we are war with, any training would be done in THEIR country ...

Does this make sense to anyone?
edit on 22-9-2014 by MKMoniker because: unwanted smiley face icon I didn't add

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

Another idea about bringing all these "frenemy" foreign troops to the U.S. for tours or training, is that it can backfire on us:

www.reporternews.com...
(2010) JIHADIST "CHAPLAINS" RADICALIZING PRISON POPULATIONS IN NORTH AND SOUTH AMERICA

www.nytimes.com...
(2014) NEW YORK TERRORIST WHO THREATENS KILLER BACTERIA THRU AIR - RELEASED

And here's another take on ISIL, leaving out any Spec Ops training (or embedding), claiming that they are really just a "hybrid of terrorists and regular Iraqi army". NOTE the point in just this excerpt, that the ISIL has "augmented traditional military skill with terrorist techniques refined though years of fighting US troops":

www.freerepublic.com...
(August 2014) MILITARY SKILL AND TERRORIST TECHNIQUE FUEL ISIS SUCCESS
"The pedigree of its leadership, outlined by an Iraqi expert and US intelligence officials who have seen documents seized from Islamic State by the Iraqi military, helps explain its battlefield successes: Its leaders augmented traditional military skill with terrorist techniques refined though years of fighting US troops, while also having deep local knowledge and contacts. ISIL is in effect a hybrid of terrorists and an army. "These are the academies that these men graduated from to become what they are today," said the expert, an Iraqi researcher named Hisham Alhashimi."

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Well don't worry. Russia has been helping Syria to kick its ass. Turkey apologized to the Russians, and now appear to be cooperating with them?? Even China has joined the party. This world war 3 sure had an interesting way of playing out all these years 'idnt it? Thank you Y2k, for making it all possible.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join