It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Census Bureau: Noncitizen income rose 15 times faster than income of native U.S. workers in 2013

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
a reply to: kosmicjack

Good reply, but I think it goes much deeper than that.

I recently had to hire 4 new people. I put an ad on craigslist and received many responses. Talked to about 25-30 people, set up interviews and the only people that showed up for their interviews were Mexican.

No surprise that 4 out of that group got the jobs.

I believe it's a cultural thing where Americans have become lazy, are repulsed by a hard day's work and are not willing to do certain jobs. Mexicans come here to work hard and provide a life for their family that is not within their grasp in Mexico.

My employees will often say that they have never seen a juedo work as hard as I do. That's not because I'm superman, it's because even though I have a good position in life I still get down and dirty in the job that's needed to be done.

We have lost that in America. We've lost the ability, in general, to roll-up our sleeves and get dirty.

Well let's not ignore the fact that mexicans that work here and send there money home have much more to gain from x amount of dollars than any person that has no connections to a land where everything is much cheaper than here in the us. If you live and keep your money here your gains are minimal and in most cases will not support you to the extent that being able to purchase things in a country like mexico. If i could take 300$ and turn it into 3000$ then i would do that and suffer happily.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Nevermind
edit on 17-9-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Maybe it's been said or noted previously, but I didn't read the whole thread.

The root cause is simple enough to see, even when you ignore 'illegal' immigrants.

US companies receive tax breaks when they hire, and "import" for lack of a better word, 'foreign' workers. They aren't required to offer these workers the same benefits domestic workers would receive. These breaks offset many of the costs involved so they can afford to pay more to foreign workers than they do domestic workers.

It's actually not much different than outsourcing jobs: the 'foreign' workers do not come with the overhead using domestic workers involves, whether they come to the US or work in their home country.

<< 1   >>

join