It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thinking of WWIII, do we actually like the idea of it?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Sociopath - A person with a personality disorder manifesting itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behavior and a lack of conscience.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Like it or not, it is a very real possibility, eventually proxy wars and conflicts with superpowers supporting opposing sides, along with overt and covert actions against each other can lead to direct conflict, once that line is crossed there is really no stopping it...

Why anyone would want to see that happen is beyond my ability to explain. Too crazy, even for me. Hopefully it never does happen.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Pope Francis declared exactly what you mention, and it has been the trend since ww2 we fought the cold communist war by proxy in the Koreas, Vietnam, Cuba, Latin America, ect..

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
The only ones who want that are the mindless .. bootlicking slaves of the state and the religious idiots .. all should be sent off to some remote location and given weapons so they can happily butcher each other ... then the rest of us would finally have a chance to live in peace ..

I hope you are relying more on the idiot side of religious idiots.

IMO, only those who can't think beyond the surface excitement of "OOOoooo, big splodies" are the sorts who think WWIII would be exciting. Anyone who can extrapolate another step or three beyond that realizes the massive loss of life, the destruction and what it will mean on a personal level.

No modern conveniences for a very long time, no easy food, life becomes a day-to-day struggle, no law and order, disease running rampant. This guy becomes your neighbor:

and invites himself over for dinner.

You start to remember Ehtiopia fondly for its security and progressive policies on property rights ...

No, only a fool wishes for WWIII.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I think EveStreet got it pretty right - but calling me a sociopath is a little harsh and simply wrong @LOSTinAMERICA.
I don't smile at pictures of dead bodies, or while looking at the event at Hiroshima & Nagasaki for instance, or when watching documentaries about WW2. I don't want war, all I ever wanted is to raise a nice family, with that house on the beach, those children, that dog ... I guess every guy knows what I am talking about.

But the world changed. Morality changed. I don't think my father ever watched a (fake) beheading on youtube while eating his lunch at school. Now its normal. We got so used to people dying from wars, explosions, "terror-attacks", diseases that we all went into that crazy illusion that this is actually normal. Countries invading other countries without even declaring war, or based on spoofed intel in order to keep the money flowing. Do you remember the 90's?

Like someone else already mentioned - the truth is that we got bored. Yes, we feel compassion and we feel bad, but hearing of another market bomb killing 50 people somewhere in Iraq doesn't leave a bad taste in our mouth anymore. 5000? Maybe we will read the article. 500 000? Which number will actually push us out from our comfortable chairs and make us do something more, or do something to change it?

Maybe this is my point - maybe I am looking forward to a major event, because I hope that this will mobilise enough people to stop this "reality" we live in. And maybe there is the romance I was talking about in my last post, the romance of building up a society "from scratch", knowing that it cannot get any worse. Otherwise, what would be our reality 20 years from now if we continue that path?

~abs

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
NO we don't.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Some do but that's because the only idea most of us have about a WW3 is based on movies and games so when thinking about it we're the star of our own show who survives to roam the post apocalyptic wasteland , when in reality we'd probably be amongst the millions who would be vaporised or die a slow lingering death from radiation poisoning.

I believe the reality of WW3 would be nothing any of us would want.

Pretty much this, yeah. It's "exciting" to think about it like a film or a video game, the adrenaline rush, the heroic moments and all... but for real? Nope. I'm good. I'd rather write a story about it.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I have thought similar ways before but really we are just stuck between a rock and a hard place. Wait it out. Everything will work out fine one way or the other....Its just a reflex to the crappy state of affiars this world finds itself in...You could make an argument thats a natural reaction to this negative world we find ourselves in....Its like the Song November Rain

Nothing lasts forever, even cold November rain....a reply to: absente

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I understand the meaning of your words...sometimes it can be difficult to appropriately communicate what it is you mean. You're not a sociopath or bad person for thinking this way...Sometimes people get caught up in the words and fail to understand the meaning behind them..happens here ALOT....a reply to: absente

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Nuclear winter.
Destroy everything you touch.

I have something to say about nuclear weapons and the atomic bomb. It's contraversial, and people usually get angry at me for saying it. I've probably heard worse than what ever reaction the reader may have, so feel free to express any attack this opinion provokes.

The thing I have to say, this opinion, is most easily summed up in three axioms.

1. America invented the Atomic bomb.
2. The Rosenbergs were executed for stealing it from us.
3. The world would be a lot safer this day, if we were still the only country with nukes.

To be clear. I consider _ANY_ country in possession of nuclear/atomic weapons that is _NOT_ the United States of America to be parties, after the fact, to theft and guilty of a crime. A Crime against justice, a crime against humanity, and a crime against all life on planet Earth. Possibly the entire solar system.

To further illustrate how strongly I hold this position I consider any country that does not immediately disarm, sell their nuclear/atomic advances back to the U.S., and allow all of their nuclear scientists to immigrate to the U.S., I consider those countries to be rogue states worthy of the most extreme forms of punitive action. Just like the Rosenbergs.

Proliferation of nuclear and atomic weapons is the guillotine over the neck of life in this solar system.

Everything else is trivia.

/grumpy grouch is gonna grump
Mike Grouchy

edit on 17-9-2014 by mikegrouchy because: format and typos

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   
How do we do this? "It's impossible", you say. "It'll never work", you think.

It's easy. The first shall be last, and the last shall be first. Israel will be the last country to turn in their nukes.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I too fell for the 2012 propaganda. "It's the end of the world as we know it" And....nothing happened. Luckily I didn't spend thousands prepping or ran around with a sandwich board warning everyone, it was just my own personal disappointment.

But it made me realize something: 35 years ago my dad moved out to the country because he believed the whole system was going to collapse. He's still waiting. Throughout the history of mankind it's always "the end of the world"....yet it never really is.

I personally like the idea of a solar flare knocking out the grid for a few months. I know I'd be ok. But it would be a rude awakening for all the 'city folks' who blind themselves to the truth, cut themselves off from the natural world, worship the almighty dollar, etc. But as a PP suggested I'm envisioning a movie type scenario where I am the 'hero' when in reality I'd probably croak just like everyone else.

Opposition in all forms is what propels the world forward. Protons/electrons. East/West. Politicians/artists. Etc. There will never be one huge event. There will never be an end game. In the brilliant words of TS Elliot:
This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper

Mankind will keep going on with their petty bull# for thousands, if not millions of years only to slowly die out. An extinction level event would be dramatic, but we're more likely to die in the mud as a new species evolves and takes our place.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: absente

I also watched the twin towers fall on live TV. The irony is that I visited the towers many times for work.

The problem is the ideology that worships power and money and justifies any means to get it. This ideology is the cause of wars.

WWIII is unlikely to be avoided. Expansion of NATO to eastern Europe has happened. While I understand expansion of EU, there is absolutely no logic to expansion of NATO beyond intimidation of Russia and China (and other countries who may have a differing viewpoint).

We hoped (mistakenly) that grouping like NATO will be outdated with the end of cold war, but it did not happen. Instead we get a cold reminder of the power of the Anglo-American empire.

There is a huge trust deficit between major nations. The arbitrary actions of certain countries are widening this trust deficit. There is a sense somewhere that we can do anything and get away with it. There is no fairness in the system.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: mikegrouchy

Grouchy - did you invent food? If not somebody else did. So I mandate you to not eat unless you have permission of the party that invented food.

Science is nobody's mistress. Anybody can learn how to make a bomb. Get off this idea that US is the inventor. US is a country. Some scientist(s) invented the bomb. It was a mistake. USA has no right to keep the bomb anymore than any other country on this planet.

And I remind you USA used the bomb before anybody else could. So get off this line that USA will not use it again. I guarantee that USA will be the first country to use nuclear weapons in WWIII.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: GargIndia

I guarantee that USA will be the first country to use nuclear weapons in WWIII.

I thought you said Russia would be forced to use tactical nuclear weapons first....

Edit to add: For example. You really need to keep your prophecies straight.

edit on 17-9-2014 by DJW001 because: Edit to add additional material.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: GargIndia
Get off this idea that US is the inventor.

/begin low growl

The Manhattan Project developed the bomb under contract from the U.S. Government, paid for with tax money from private U.S. Citizens such as myself. All bomb related patents, trademarks, and copyrights belong to me. They are held in trust by the U.S. Government for us.

/end low growl

Mike Grouchy

Countries should start thinking about how much they want to be paid for their fissile materials and developments. Compensated for their fissile personnel and time. Don't delude yourself for a second by thinking this theft will be allowed to stand. Look at the Greek myths if you want to see what happened to the last guy who stole fire. The Rosenbergs got off easy by comparison.

Besides. Why are you arguing for an unstable future where all life in the solar system remains at risk?
edit on 17-9-2014 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyvalkyrie
I too fell for the 2012 propaganda. "It's the end of the world as we know it" And....nothing happened.

Far too many here wouldn't have the honesty or integrity to admit they fell for that.

Online Pop Culture opinion waxes and wanes like the phases of the moon, big and bright today and murky and hidden tomorrow along with the justification, reasoning and thinking of the time.

'Bomb them into the stone age' changes to 'OMG they're killing people' in a blink of an eye. This weeks heroes will be next weeks villains. So on and so forth all the while either side of many debates ignoring facts and well made points made by the other. Yadda Yadda blah blah blah.

Yes, some delusional people have a romantic view of WW-III, They cheer for it and glorify it as the long hoped for and awaited "Reckoning" of this corrupt world, then others of Extreme Religious views want it, God only knows what that would be because all the major Religions cant even agree on what that will be like and I'm sure if there are enough survivors of each sect that afterwards they'll start killing each all over again because they're dead sure the other group screwed up Gods plan.

Then we all know about the Supposed NWO elite which want WW-III and are waiting for just the right moment to kill everybody so they can rule over an atomic nuclear wasteland of a planet with over 6.5 billion rotting corpses. Finally we have the defeatist that believe whats the point? They don't want to work, don't want to pay their bills nor want to engage in the real world...

Get err done already.

edit on 17-9-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikegrouchy

3. The world would be a lot safer this day, if we were still the only country with nukes.
To be clear. I consider _ANY_ country in possession of nuclear/atomic weapons that is _NOT_ the United States of America to be parties, after the fact, to theft and guilty of a crime. A Crime against justice, a crime against humanity, and a crime against all life on planet Earth. Possibly the entire solar system.

To further illustrate how strongly I hold this position I consider any country that does not immediately disarm, sell their nuclear/atomic advances back to the U.S., and allow all of their nuclear scientists to immigrate to the U.S., I consider those countries to be rogue states worthy of the most extreme forms of punitive action. Just like the Rosenbergs.

I really enjoyed that masterpiece of sarcasm ^^

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikegrouchy

originally posted by: absente

I really enjoyed that masterpiece of sarcasm ^^

So you say.

Mike Grouchy

top topics

<< 1   >>

join