It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet another possible time-traveler in picture from 1924 circling the net.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

This picture was circling last few days in the news in Bulgaria, so I just deiced to share it with you guys and give my opinion.
Here is the story which I have translated from the news website stated below.

I accidentally came across a photograph from 1924 of which are visible Bulgarian actresses in swimsuit on the beach of Varna. This is probably the first photo of women in swimsuit in Bulgaria. The odd thing is that in the background is seen a young girl who seems to be speaking on a cell phone and wears dark sunglasses. The Wikipedia says that the first sunglasses appeared around VI century . But dark sunglasses first appeared in 1929. in USA. Then how could five years before the creation of the sunglasses, they are sealed on a picture!? The photograph can be found in the State Agency "Archives" with a stated date 1924. Is it possible to be a time travel!? In any case, the photo is from 1924. very strange and arise more questions than answers!

Well I'm not 100% sure that these are sunglasses, but it can be a glasses for blind people which I think were created long before 1924.

Here is a link to the original article :
www.blitz.bg...

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Tinted lenses exist from 1700, for the phone i think she got sand in her ear...

Internet just told me the Chinese judges from the 12 century used smoked quartz glasses to hide their emotions

look at that pair of smoked quartz ray bans
edit on 15-9-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Or water from swimming.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: iasenko

There could be a dozen reasons why she has her hand against her ear in that way. It's only how we are interpreting it, because that is what we see constantly. As for the supposed sunglasses..who knows how much alteration has been done to this photo no matter what anyone says about it's authenticity.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

I love anything with time travel... But this is so bad....

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
First of all, those don't look like swimsuits from the 1920's. They look more like 1930's or even 1940's swimsuits. Those sunglasses don't look out of place at all for the time.

Second of all, it looks to me like she's just cleaning sand out of her ear.

Sorry, nothing to see here.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
The sunglasses are not so odd, since the lady sitting in the shade just to the right of your girl has the exact same style of glasses on. Zooming in...the girl has her index finger extended only to get sand or water out of her ear. Don't see any time travelers sticking out in this photo.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
The girl has her index finger extended only to get sand or water out of her ear.

It's been ninety years.

I hope she got it out.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts
I don't know does look like their is a Betty boo tattoo on her leg.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
And a time traveler would be smart enough not to hold a cell phone up to her head. Did you know that the instructions that come with cell phones tell people not to hold them up to their heads? I always use the speaker on a cell, and a time traveler would too (although maybe I am this time traveler, 1924 was a very good year!)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

the reception must be pretty bad back them...

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Judging on how she is leaning in to get the right amount of bars I would say she has AT&T.
Also, wouldn't someone want to steal that phone when she jumps in the pool?

I guess she could put it under her towel and leave it in vibrate, but wouldn't it get too hot on the patio like that?

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Um yeah, water in here ears. Unless we are talking about special interdemensional cell phones that don't need cell phone towers to reach whoever is on the other line, on the other end of time and space! a reply to: iasenko

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Since they didn't have cell phone towers in 1924 who do you think these "time travellers" are talking to and how?

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBlackDog

the mothership? terminator spoiled us thinking we get there naked

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
What gets me with every one of the "cell phone" time traveler photos is... How is the call going out? There were no cell towers, so one has to wonder how they are going to use a cell phone at all if they had one.

I love the whole time traveler theory, but cell phones never make sense to me.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Well god forbid it never happens to me then. I would hate to turn up somewhere not properly dressed, although having said that, if you were lucky you could probably get away with it here by a swimming pool or at the seaside (unless its December that is)

Aleister I never knew that. I don't use mine much and its a pretty basic phone too - just does text and phone calls. I think the most advanced thing I have on it is a flashlight.

Hey, maybe the phone is the time travel device and not used to talk to anyone? Maybe like the tardis it has a chameleon circuit that got stuck in the shape of a phone!

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: iasenko

I've been to Bulgaria on several occasions and trust me, the Females over there are far better looking than this bag of Munters.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I ask this... What cell tower do you think she was using for her call? Sorry, have to say fail on this one.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Ha!

I was wondering...

If you have access to travel through time and space, why would you choose a Bulgarian beach in the 1920's?
Surely anyone could and would come up with sometime, somewhere more historic or fun. We should comb through the Woodstock '69 pictures.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join