It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magic

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
It's not really a conspiracy in Religion, but it affects the one becoming religious.

Magic is a very devastating force and as I posted this in the Faith/Theology forum I believe magic is preventing many from understanding the Bible and even making them going nuts, or being misunderstood and ridiculed.

Many may have thought mind control technology is doing weird stuff with people but think about Magic.

Magic is ridiculed and mocked away but it is a realisitc demonic thing.
edit on 15-9-2014 by Trapeze because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Magic today has mostly been confused with, or thought of as simple trickery. It's sad because it was not always that way.

In ancient societies, like the Greeks and Egyptians, magic was everywhere. It permiated everything, people, objects, sacred places; it was a tangible and powerful force. The Egyptian system of magic, known as Heka, was more ancient, and considered as powerful as the gods. It was the source of their power, not something to be played with lightly.

The druids also regarded magic as a tangible force. Celtic orders believed the power of magic could be used to communicate with plants, animals, even beings from other worlds in the cosmos. Magic could be used for divination and healing, or it could be used to curse one's enemies, or even to summon demons to cary out dark magic in the name of the summoner.

When we are young and posed with the question 'do you believe in magic' the response is typically and unabshedly: yes. As we grow older and see the physical aspects of the reality we live in our belief in magic becomes surpressed or all together lost. I would propose that question again. I believe in the pwer of magic. In my mind (flame away) it could be compared to something like the 'force' from StarWars. It surrounds us, and binds us, it is the commonality between us and the existence we percieve. Positivity and light magic would in turn enhance our lives for the better, while negativity, dark magic, only serves to create hatred and supress the good of the world.

Cool thread, OP.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Trapeze

Magic is just prayer.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

I don't really see it from your post but my thought about Magic is it being an evil and harmful force.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   

I believe Mind Control is the Benchmark when it comes to magic.. If you can cast a spell over humanity, the rest is easy.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

Good?.. no.. Great point DarknStormy.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

That is, in what is called "The American Dream".

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   

I do not. Texts through out history suggest that magic can be manipulated by the person invoking spells. Whether one uses it for evil or for good is up to the individual. Magic is the fabric to be manipulated but it itself is not evil or dark. The user of magic projects their own lightness or darkness onto the magic they use. Thus it can be used for either.
edit on 15-9-2014 by AnonyMason because: sp

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Just out of curiosity, are all religions and Gods besides your own, evil?

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   

I believe that everything in the universe has an inner polarity and which end is up depends on what's happening and the reaction to it.

Look at the bible - you clearly have two Gods one forgiving and loving the other hating and covetous.

With regard to magic its the same thing its what empowers me to react to a given situation with either anger or understanding and grace. The Wiccan raise power to achieve a certain outcome.

What bothers me when one links magic to prayer is that so much prayer is never answered and, were it a potential power source it should be. Masters raise power and are supposed to achieve their goals by directing that energy. We know that the ancients believed in an energy force within the earth and with polarity in mind there must also be a source from the sky. Fascinating topic.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Magic is ridiculed and mocked away but it is a realisitc demonic thing.

Can you define magic? Or give a specific example of how magic has prevented someone from understanding the bible?
It's difficult to respond to your post without knowing your definitions.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Celtic orders believed the power of magic could be used to communicate with plants, animals, even beings from other worlds in the cosmos.

I'd be interested in which texts you read this in. I've never heard of the Druids believing in beings from other worlds in the cosmos, and since the existing literature is scarce to non-existent...I'm curious.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

It's one of the foundations of druidic priesthoods. The belief in a fairy/divine world(s) that exist alongside our own. The belief that what happens in the cosmos effects what happens here on earth and vice/versa. Pretty standard for celtic folks of ancient times. The tree of life? The world of the gods from the heavens or from the innerworld?

My question is what druidic books have you read that don't talk about these things?

Start here, it may take a while.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   

We don't know that at all unfortunately. You've linked me to Sacred Texts' beautiful collection of 18th and 19th century prose concerning folklore, although they may have a copy of the Lebor Gabala Erenn there too, which would be the oldest from the 12th century.
Any of the Culdees work, which was close to Druidry, but not Druidry, was destroyed at Iona centuries ago. The closest we have comes from Iolo Morganwg, and he is dismissed by many as a forger (although I'm not convinced by that). But even there, in The Barddas, there is nothing about beings from other worlds in the cosmos. The Otherworld, yes; As Above, So Below, maybe.

So to answer you, I haven't read any Druid books because there aren't any to read. The Druids have been remembered as committing all their knowledge to memory - we know this because of the Romans' scant literature about them - but no books of their own, I'm afraid.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Suit yourself. Theres no such thing as too much information.

Appreciate the trap question. No druid books, sure. Lots of books about them. Very trollish way to go about things.

Since I have limited access to actual ancient literature, copies of books that are available on the internet are tops.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Magic itself is not evil.
The intent of the user makes it "good" or "bad"

Same in all religions.

Whom interestingly all have "rituals"

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Suit yourself. Theres no such thing as too much information.

You're right, I agree. I wouldn't call Yeats a good source, although his work is beautiful.

Try these to start:

The Book of Invasions

The Barddas

The Book of Taliesin

The Gallic Wars

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
If a priest healed a man, religious calls it a miracle, but if a common man do the same thing is called magic or trickster. It is the same thing, with different name.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Truth is religion.
edit on 15-9-2014 by Trapeze because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

I prefer healing above magic. Magic does not heal, God heals.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join