It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBS Sports Network rejects commercial ad with a 4 year old, claiming 'Political in Nature'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Okay first of all, this is an adorable 4 year old trying her best to recite the Pledge of Allegience

Second, this 30-second commercial was all set to run during CBS Sports’ broadcast of the Wrangler Champions Challenge rodeo

But see for yourself if this is political in nature or just a cute sweetie pie of a girl

Is a 4-year-old girl reciting the Pledge of Allegiance a political statement?

According to a national cable sports network, the answer is yes.

CBS Sports Network rejected a 30-second advertisement from Windermere Real Estate/Tri-Cities that shows company owner Dave Retter's granddaughter delivering the pledge with her hand over her heart. No mention or sign of a political party in sight.

The commercial was scheduled to run during the network's upcoming broadcast of the Wrangler Champions Challenge rodeo, which was recorded the day before the Horse Heaven Round-Up at the fair last month.

The event is part of a commitment to increase the popularity of rodeo. The made-for-TV series began in 2013, featuring 10 top competitors nationwide in each of the seven events and the sport's best livestock. Read more here: www.tri-cityherald.com...=cpy

“We just thought it’s around Sept. 11, Patriot Day, and rodeo is as patriotic a sport as it comes,” Dave Retter told the Tri-City Herald. “We’ve had so many positive responses, we felt it would be fun to run something positive.”

CBS Sports representatives didn’t return messages the Herald left on Thursday afternoon, the paper reported.

Pitiful, just plain pitiful...

edit on 12-9-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I have never liked ads using kids to advertise a product or service for adults. Emotional play.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I cant watch the video at the moment- what is the problem with a little girl doing the pledge?

Let me guess- A left wing idiot has a problem with it?

How close am I ?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
No idea how that is "political", is this really what we've become as a nation?

Oddly, I know the words to several Brazilian soccer songs, all played on commercials here in the U.S., and all complimentary to Brazil.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
I have never liked ads using kids to advertise a product or service for adults. Emotional play.

Isn't that what Budweiser does by using adorable animals in theirs?

Gotta say I love the Clydesdale and the puppy this past Superbowl

To me, she was just adorable -- and the way 4 year old's can't really pronounce words correctly just added to the cuteness

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

How dare her mention "GOD"!

I am NOT a believer but maybe that is why I can see thru the Progressive hypocrisy more than others!

Anyhow, those who might say religion is "indoctrination" and is wrong, are the same bunch who believe in political ideologies being taught in our schools!

Now I can add CBS to one of the other networks I refuse to watch!

Cute is cute, and if it offends any adult OR Corporation, then they can go ......well, TandC doesn't allow me to say it.............

edit on 12-9-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel
I don't need a kid telling me to buy McDonald's or Cap'n Crunch.
Don't need a lizard or Snoopy coaching me on insurance, either.

Somehow, those commercials are just fine, though.

Young girl reciting Pledge of Allegiance is to political?

Silly maybe, but political?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Another thing, it was going to run during a rodeo of all things, not the President's speech
And who watches rodeos?
People who are proud of the stars and stripes!!
Patriotic people
A lot of bull-riders/bare back riders have American flag patches on their western hats

Boy all this political correctness BS is getting very annoying!!

edit on 12-9-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Now I can add CBS to one of the other networks I refuse to watch!

Wish I could re-refuse!
Dan Rather pretty much sealed the deal years ago!

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Patriotism and being proud of your country is only applicable when the government says so........

Otherwise, you may soon find yourself on the "terrorist watch list".......

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

My thoughts exactly. I've always considered using children in advertising to be a cheap shot and near the height of manipulation.

With that being said.

I find it disturbing that, all of yesterday on the radio, the station I was listening to would play soundbites and phonecalls of distress from September 11 2001 at the top of every hour before going into the station tag and advertisements, evoking "patriotism" and whatnot. I found this to be pretty damn political in nature and shameless nudging towards supporting the latest manufactured boondoggle Obama/the PTB want us in, yet it happened all through the day and was pretty sensational in nature. This video of a child reciting the pledge is small-fry in comparison. I smell double-standard coated in bulls**t.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Being that I slammed the "Progressives" in my first post to this topic, may I ask for an equal opportunity to slam the opposite side of the coin Republicans?

I won't wait for an answer, I will just give them my middle finger to their hypocrisy as well!

Why won't we here from them on this nonsense?

Please let me know! I mean by God if a Baseball player does steroids, STOP THE PRESS, CONGRESS will have hearings on it!

Where are the God fearing Republicans when it comes to sticking up for the Christians?

Crickets? Or is it that Christians are just as dumb as their Progressive counterparts that believe what their "Tribal Leaders" say with out question?

People need to shed their labels and just learn to be FREE!

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

It was to air on a sports network. During sports. During a rodeo. The commercial had a girl reciting our nation's pledge and included the version with the word "god" in it.

If you ask me, it is the perfect time and place to air something like that. Nothing sells construction like good ole' fashioned nationalism at a rodeo. Jangoism is an industry uniquely blended with Christianity here and it makes a ton of money. I'm really surprised they didn't roll with it, if the issue was "god". For all we know, the little girl is related to a politician but I think we are all assuming it's because of the words.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

It was to air on a sports network. During sports. During a rodeo. The commercial had a girl reciting our nation's pledge and included the version with the word "god" in it.

If you ask me, it is the perfect time and place to air something like that. Nothing sells construction like good ole' fashioned nationalism at a rodeo. Jangoism is an industry uniquely blended with Christianity here and it makes a ton of money. I'm really surprised they didn't roll with it, if the issue was "god". For all we know, the little girl is related to a politician but I think we are all assuming it's because of the words.

We used to work rodeos back in the day so for me, this is standard rodeo type stuff

The girl in the vid is the granddaughter to the guy who made the commercial for his real estate business
No political connections other than the obvious, someone didn't like the Pledge of Alliegence

Kids always have and always will be used in commercials

Think of all the cereal commercials and drug commercials where they use kids to educate the parents
Now that chaps my azz, like a 7 year old knows more than Mom or Dad about their health
But that's okay to use kids in that respect

edit on 12-9-2014 by snarky412 because: spweeling

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Where are the God fearing Republicans when it comes to sticking up for the Christians?

Hiding under the table????

People need to shed their labels and just learn to be FREE!

Amen brother!!
Oops, hope I didn't offend anyone

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I would have pulled it because it sucks. It's like someone at the add agency went..."sh*t, I forgot the project, c'mon cindylou repeat after me"...We can save my job!

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

The new normal in America.

The US Flag, a military uniform, The Pledge of Allegience, Christianity, patriotism, is all deemed as offensive and probably indicative of terrorism

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

yeah it's not like we all learned the pledge of allegiance to our nation when we were that age.

Let's just teach them about abortion, gay marriage and how to use a condom.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

The new normal in America.

The US Flag, a military uniform, The Pledge of Allegience, Christianity, patriotism, is all deemed as offensive and probably indicative of terrorism

Yep, I believe all the above are on the DHS Watch List

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Very sad times. Windermere has a rather positive reputation in Eastern Wash., that alone can help bring attention to the networks action against the video. I'll be sure to to let the network know my view.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join