It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AZ GOP vice-chair calls for sterilizing poor women: If you want a baby, get a job

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
I agree with the drug testing since they are illegal, but be hard to say hey you can't drink. Why not stop then from smoking cigs too while she is at it.
This is scary tho that she is even thinking this....
What is going to be scarier is the comments on here that agree with it.
It is Arizona tho so I'm super surprised

Even the drug testing is a joke. Pretty much the myth of the drug abusing welfare mom not so real. Not that it doesn't happen and not that it doesn't sound like a great idea. But the facts bear out the cost of testing typically creates more cost than the amount saved by alot.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

so he's for legalization of all drugs as long as you have a job? COOL....

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I wouldn't have an issue with people who on welfare having the birth control shot that lasts a year.

If you are not able to support yourself and the kids you already have it is insane to have more children.

I know some people think it's ok to have 10 kids and not be able to support them but I don't.

When your off welfare and stable again you don't have to take the shot anymore and you can have all the kids you can feed.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
a reply to: Krazysh0t

They should be ruled unconstitutional.

It was when Florida tried to pass such a law, on the basis that such a law violates the 4th amendment. Click me.

Of course people in power don't give a flip about the Constitution, so they're going to push through whatever they want.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
As a companion piece, here is a link to a feminist blog promoting castration of all men.

Allow me to introduce myself...

My name is Krista, otherwise known as "The Femitheist". I am a female, a feminist, and someone who believes strongly in True Equality.

Now, I will begin explaining this entry before I post the actual article... for your discussion, of course.

Women MUST and WILL have equality, and this is the ONLY way to achieve TRUE equality. The testicles of all males, which produce the majority of their testosterone, are the primary cause of their violent behavior. The testicles also attribute greatly to many of the health problems men experience later in life (such as prostate cancer and, of course, testicular cancer).

~:The Solution... International Castration Day.:~

It is my belief (which I consider factual based on my research) that all men SHOULD be castrated. Not only for their own safety, but for the safety of all innocent women and children.

And, to achieve this...

The entire world should have an international holiday known as: "Castration Day"

Males of all ages will be brought to the public squares of their cities nude, to stand together in a circle, as they await castration by a woman known as "The Castrator", who will be a woman chosen from the public much like a juror.

Girls of all ages will attend, lining the streets to cheer and applaud the males as they join the rest of civilized society.

It will be a free vacation for any working woman. And, young girls will be able to leave school to attend this glorious ceremony.

The males will then have one hour to get to know their Castrator. Their female "spouse" will also be able to choose whether or not they would like to milk the male in order to retain a sperm sample.

www.fstdt.com...

YAY!

Idiots on all sides!

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Was that posted by a politician? Currently serving the people?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

Was that posted by a politician? Currently serving the people?

Oh, so sorry. Didn't know that I couldn't post about idiots promoting male castration.

Apologies. Will just wait until a progressive leftist says something stupid. Won't have to wait long.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: olaru12
I wonder if sterilizing poor women would be a government sponsored program?

I wonder if he'd be so eager to sterilize poor men...

LOL, my first thought. You beat me to it.

Why is it always the woman?
edit on 12-9-2014 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

You can promote whatever you want, quite a huge difference between a politician supporting insane crap and a private group supporting insane crap!

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

You can promote whatever you want, quite a huge difference between a politician supporting insane crap and a private group supporting insane crap!

Politicians promote what groups want them to support. Especially if they have money.

Just pointing out that idiots are on all sides of the political spectrum.

(being fair and balanced. . . . .
)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Instead of wasting money drug testing politicians, wefare recipients, etc. another approach might be to just legalize ALL drugs and tax the sales. People, especially those with lots of money, find ways to get around things like drug tests anyway. And people who are compelled to use drugs are going to do it, regardless of the legalities. Now, if using drugs interfere with the ability of someone to do their job, then it should be dealt with accordingly. No exceptions.

I wish there was an easier way to give political leaders the boot when they’ve shown they are total idiots and incapable of serving the public. There are so many high level politicians milking the public, preventing the nation from moving forward, and making life miserable for countless honest, hard working people. And yet these same politicians are immune from the consequences of their lopsided legislation that lines the pockets of the fat cats and financial elite. If I had my way, half the members of Congress would be led out their ivory tower in cuffs. Maybe the other half could then get something done.

Anyway, I wish members of congress, the senate, and the presidential staff had to pass an IQ test, as well a psychological assessment, at least every 6 months. The raving, foaming at the mouth, evangelical lunatic fringe we currently call our leaders just ain’t gettin’ the job done. It’s amazing, though, that so many of these sadistic psychos, like the Arizona nutjob mentioned in the OP, have a significant enough following to get elected to office.

On second thought, and considering my last statement, disregard everything I stated above. My new position is, if we’re willing to elect these criminals and put them into office as our leaders and representatives, then we deserve to get what we’ve asked for. Maybe the leaders we’ve chosen to serve us are simply reflections of our own sick, depraved and sadistic nature. Perhaps we should all take a good, long look in the mirror, and think really hard about the kind of world we want to live in, before it’s too late.

Cheers!!

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: netbound

On second thought, and considering my last statement, disregard everything I stated above. My new position is, if we’re willing to elect these criminals and put them into office as our leaders and representatives, then we deserve to get what we’ve asked for.

Cheers!!

This is how I feel. Personally I don't vote because I see how it's a sham. I wish more people would wake up and realize they're voting for the same side.

I don't blame voters, I just think it's chilling how easily led people are.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme
I agree with you. It's amazing how gullible and easily manipulated people are. If they're told the same lie over and over again, no matter how outrageous it is, they will eventually come to believe it. It's frustrating to me when I see poor, disadvantaged people supporting politicians who so blatantly work against the best interests of poor, disadvantaged people. It's just convoluted.

To be honest, it's kinda surprising to me that humanity has managed to somehow accomplish what it has in light of our incredible inability to cooperate and do what's best for us.

Oh well, let the good times roll...

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: netbound
Maybe the leaders we’ve chosen to serve us are simply reflections of our own sick, depraved and sadistic nature. Perhaps we should all take a good, long look in the mirror, and think really hard about the kind of world we want to live in, before it’s too late.

Totally agree!

Many have said it: We get the government we deserve. We live in "interesting times"...

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
It always annoys me when people, especially politicians, think that it's the single young woman with a child who is on public assistance is greedily hogging up all the "welfare" dollars. The attitude of lets get them "fixed" will solve everything is even worse.

Long-term care of the elderly and disabled costs much more. I mean think about it, grandma or grandpa in the nursing home or in an Alzheimer's care facility or Uncle "Joe" who got hit by a car and now is in a coma and in a facility; those costs have to be astronomically higher per month than a woman and her kid on some food stamps and medical assistance. Typically, the child goes in for some immunizations and a well child check-up once or twice a year.

Most people don't realize that public assistance will cover a basic burial for families that can't afford it. Not everyone has life insurance or assets at their time of death and like my grandma used to tell us, "Don't worry about the cost of my funeral, this is America after all and they don't leave the deceased lying about in the streets and ditches; we're a civilized country after all." Thank goodness!
edit on 15-9-2014 by queenofsheba because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Politicians promote what groups want them to support. Especially if they have money.

Just pointing out that idiots are on all sides of the political spectrum.

(being fair and balanced. . . . .
)

Here is one idiot that will now fade into obscurity....thankfully!

www.rawstory.com...

edit on 15-9-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
This guy is anti-immigration?? at least the way that they are handling immigration at the present time??
Does he realize just how much of the future population he would be preventing from being born with this hairbrained idea? We'd be talking about around 30% of American households would be limited to the size of four or less before the tubes got chopped! a family of four would be sterilized if they made under 30,000!

As far as the drug testing goes.
Come back with a way to make them more accurate and we'll talk about it!

www.askdocweb.com...
recognize any??
When I was working I would be popping Ibprofin over the max just to keep the swelling in my feet down to the point where I was sure I could walk out of the place and drive home!
Who amoung us really thinks that a "drug free" america is worth making people go around enduring migraines, or cold symptoms, or other problems just so they don't fail the drug tests?? And let's not talk about the people with diabetes or kidney problems ect.

edit on 15-9-2014 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I disagree that sterilizing women will solve the problem of the poor, but taking away welfare programs will do just as well to deter childbearing in order to ride the welfare system.

How about that.

Let face it, why will any conscious human will have children that they can not afford, that is because we have a system that encourage childbearing even if you can not afford it, somebody else will.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ
The only statement I agree with is welfare should not be the role of the government. If you cant feed your family get a job. Don’t make enough money at your job? Get a different job. Or a second one. To many people in this country think that they should be able to make a good living off just 40 hours a week. Its bull. My father worked two jobs for fifteen years to provide my family with the luxuries most people feel their entitled to. No matter what they do. They flip burgers for a living and feel like they should be paid enough to buy a three bedroom house and have two cars. The self entitlement in this country with the younger generations (1994 and younger) and welfare rats is going to be the death of us.

When I was 16 I asked my dad for a car he bought me a 300 truck that didn’t run and said fix it and its yours. I spent an entire summer mowing lawns in 110-115 deg heat to afford the parts i needed to fix my truck. After that I asked my dad for a cell phone. He told me to take my truck drive around to local businesses and ask for a job and buy my own phone. Two days later I was making Pizzas and shortly after i took my check and got a cell phone.

Point I’m trying to make is if you don’t make enough money or you don’t have the luxuries you want the only person to blame is yourself. Not the government. Not society. Not where you grew up. Yourself.

And there are many out there who could say that you were spoiled as well, but that's not the point now is it?

For instance; By the time I turned 16, I had been mowing & edging lawns and cleaning flowerbeds, (whole job for $3.50) for over 4 yrs. just to earn money to pay my way to Boy Scout summer camp each year. (My father said that if I wanted to go, then I should pay my own way) I also worked evenings as dishwasher in my aunt's restaurant during the summer.

When I turned 16, (the minimum "legal" age for employment at the time) I got 3 part time jobs. One sacking groceries at the local food mart, another as a clerk at a convenience store and one other that turned out to be where I spent my career as a union longshoreman. (Even at 16, I had to lie about my age and attest that I was 18yrs. old to work on the docks.

My father never bought me a car at any price and we didn't have cell phones, but I can tell you this; I turned 16 in 1972 and if my memory serves me right, I earned $1.90 per hr. at my grocery sacking job and $2.10 per hr. at the convenience store. The union job that I lied about my age to get paid $5.60 per hr.. I was usually shoveling grain or pitching 140 lb. sacks of grain in the hold of a cargo ship for 14 hr. days, but I didn't care because the pay was good.

In 1972 you could purchase a brand new Volkswagen Beetle for $1,999.00. Today that same car will cost you well in excess of $20,000.00, a ten fold increase in the price of the car while wages only increased a little over three fold during that same period of time.

Needless to say, things are not the same today. Union jobs are all but non-existent, good paying jobs are far and few between and minimum wage standards have stagnated to the point that most people working those jobs couldn't afford to turn loose of the $300.00 your father spent acquiring your first non-working car.

IMO, the bottom line is; If you want to spent less of your tax dollars providing social welfare, a good place to start would be to demand that employers pay a "Living Wage".

Another thing you may want to consider is the fact that for every dollar we spend on social welfare here in the U.S., we spent three on corporate welfare. If I had a suitcase full of money with two holes in it, one leaking one dollar at a time while the other was leaking three dollars at a time, guess which hole I'm gonna fix first? Especially when the one leaking three dollars is going to profitable corporations of which, 25% pay no taxes.

It's not about who's to blame, it's about addressing needs. Furthermore, according to the Preamble of the U.S. Constitution, "promoting the general welfare," does indeed seem to be one of the primary goals of government.

We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Hey, here is the updated False Posotives list - www.lvcriminaldefense.com...

The one submitted by previous commenter got expired.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join