It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AZ GOP vice-chair calls for sterilizing poor women: If you want a baby, get a job

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

The recalled Arizona senate president who proposed the state’s controversial anti-immigration law said he could fix public assistance programs by forcibly sterilizing women who receive aid and by requiring drug tests for all recipients.

“You put me in charge of Medicaid, the first thing I’d do is get Norplant, birth-control implants, or tubal ligations,” said Russell Pearce on his weekly talk radio program. Then we’ll test recipients for drugs and alcohol, and if you want to [reproduce] or use drugs or alcohol, then get a job.”

Interesting approach!

“I know there’s people out there [who] need help, and my heart goes out to them, too,” he said. “But you know what? That should never be a government role. That’s a role for family, church, and community.”

I wonder if sterilizing poor women would be a government sponsored program?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Why wouldn't it be? Isn't the death penalty, war, poisoned food, manufactured division, forms of government sponsored death?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I agree with the drug testing since they are illegal, but be hard to say hey you can't drink. Why not stop then from smoking cigs too while she is at it.
This is scary tho that she is even thinking this....
What is going to be scarier is the comments on here that agree with it.
It is Arizona tho so I'm super surprised

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Why ya'll upset?

Don't you want "Big Government" controlling every aspect of our lives?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: Sremmos80

Why ya'll upset?

Don't you want "Big Government" controlling every aspect of our lives?

Nope, but why are you not upset, don't you want the government out of yours?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

ANOTHER yahoo politician who thinks that drug testing welfare recipients actually works... Man it has been shown time and time and time and again that these policies don't work and end up as a HUGE money sink, costing more money to implement and carry out than is saved by kicking drug users off of welfare.

That alone discredits this d-bag politician, let alone his forced sterilization idea of the nation's poor women. Which is frankly insane.
edit on 12-9-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Am I the only one that reads the threads proving drug testing is a waste on money?!

ETA : Why does the man the keeps getting caught lying about his education still in a position of authority?!

edit on 12-9-2014 by Iamthatbish because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Since they're so gung-ho about testing people and invading their rights, why don't the politicians get drug tested? On a monthly basis. Sure they can bribe the testers and the agencies but I think they should post the results on the net. Call it trackmark.com See how your local politician's track record holds up. Any marks lately? In the past? Complete transparency.

And they don't have problems drug testing children, test the politician's children. No need for their parental consent, it usually isn't needed nowadays anyhow.

Or they could legalize certain material and allow people to choose their own recreational, medicinal methods. Remove the taboo, the rebellious image. As Joe Friday would say "Just the facts." Make your own informed choices.

Of course it won't happen, it's quite a lucrative trade. A web of corruption, ruined lives and misinformation. Sorry for being OT by the way.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Drug tests should be unconstitutional as they violate the fifth amendment. Though if they do remain legal, drug testing politicians should be mandatory across the board. They should happen once a month and on a random date in that month so the person can't prepare for it.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Actually, I think your post is quite apropos considering Pearce. His own children are quite obviously beacons of society:

"(Joshua Pearce) risked the lives of his girlfriend, infant child, the public and himself when he decided to drive impaired under the influence of marijuana and prescription medications," a court document states. He has been diagnosed as bipolar and suffers from depression, anxiety and intermittent explosive behavior.

Justin Pearce, who was 20 and worked for the Motor Vehicle Division at the time, told investigators he used state computers to produce fraudulent driver's licenses for four friends and changed his age to 21 in the state database, according to Republic archives. Russell Pearce was MVD director at the time.

www.azcentral.com...

I don't think, all things considered, that Pearce really has any business deciding who should be doing what in regards to the birthing or rearing children considering his own childrens' outcomes and behaviors.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Indeed.

Anyone who thinks the GOP is for limited government is fooling themselves.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

They should be ruled unconstitutional. But until that time I say equality among all the ranks.

"Senator, I noticed you voted against the latest _____ legalization bill. Why are you opposed to changing its legal status when you tested positive for it?"

Total accountability.

It'll never happen though.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

In theory they are, in reality they're puppets like the left.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I predict this years October surprise will be Republicans saying stupid stuff publicly, just like this idiots just did.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Any sort of authoritarian garbage is feasible in AZ.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Drug tests should be unconstitutional as they violate the fifth amendment. Though if they do remain legal, drug testing politicians should be mandatory across the board. They should happen once a month and on a random date in that month so the person can't prepare for it.

I concur with this idea..

If we started giving all GOP politicians random on the spot drug tests I think that a great many of republican supporters would be real shocked by the results.

Also interesting to note that if this Russel Pearce guy's idea would have been enacted before he was born....then he would not exist now.

"Pearce, a fifth-generation Arizonan,[2] was born on June 23, 1947, to Hal Frost Pearce and Norma Crandell.[3] He grew up in a troubled and impoverished home with an alcoholic father; he recalled in past interviews that when he came home from school, he sometimes found that neighbors had left groceries for the family, but his mother would always put the food to the side, not wishing to accept charity.[2] Pearce wanted to attend medical school, but his family was unable to afford it, which led him to join the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office.[2] Pearce served with the National Guard in Arizona during the Vietnam War.[4]"
wikipedia^^^

edit on 9121414 by Eliyahu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I agree. They are above the law. They make the laws for us, but they don't have to abide by them of course. In addition to mandatory drug tests, all of their finances should be publicly viewable. I'm of the opinion that politicians should be given little privacy. Best way to keep them honest is to make sure that anyone can check up on them at any time.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Eliyahu

All politicians. As for drugs, many on the left come out in support of reform. However, there's also some who ignore it and delay it. Or they offer terrible programs more restrictive than prohibition (Andrew Cuomo).

Krazyshot is correct, these current puppets create laws and don't follow them. They barely even interact in the society they're contracted to govern (and not contracted by the people).

Total accountability, transparency and accessibility concerning all their finances is the only solution. I'm certain it won't ever happen though, there's too much to lose in their eyes.

Privacy is a big concern too. As human beings they deserve rights, but not the level they currently enjoy. The issue I have with privacy on that part is it's easy for either bribery or coercion to sway those responsible for releasing or maintaining said records. As a citizen I wouldn't want to be outed if I bought something for personal reasons (of the TMI caliber), so I can imagine what it's like to be a politician who was outed for the same.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I wonder if he'd be so eager to sterilize poor men...

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
The only statement I agree with is welfare should not be the role of the government. If you cant feed your family get a job. Don’t make enough money at your job? Get a different job. Or a second one. To many people in this country think that they should be able to make a good living off just 40 hours a week. Its bull. My father worked two jobs for fifteen years to provide my family with the luxuries most people feel their entitled to. No matter what they do. They flip burgers for a living and feel like they should be paid enough to buy a three bedroom house and have two cars. The self entitlement in this country with the younger generations (1994 and younger) and welfare rats is going to be the death of us.

When I was 16 I asked my dad for a car he bought me a 300 truck that didn’t run and said fix it and its yours. I spent an entire summer mowing lawns in 110-115 deg heat to afford the parts i needed to fix my truck. After that I asked my dad for a cell phone. He told me to take my truck drive around to local businesses and ask for a job and buy my own phone. Two days later I was making Pizzas and shortly after i took my check and got a cell phone.

Point I’m trying to make is if you don’t make enough money or you don’t have the luxuries you want the only person to blame is yourself. Not the government. Not society. Not where you grew up. Yourself.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join