It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear of Heights...?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Acrophobia challenged?

I triple dog dare you to view the following...

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

OMG! I can't finish it! My stomach did flip flops at about 2 minutes in!

Funny thing, though. I LOVE roller coasters, no matter how high they are. But I cannot ride on a Ferris wheel! LOL

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

AARRGH! I couldn't even get half-way with the video! My stomach is churning, I feel like vomiting, and my feet are paining! Yip - my feet pain when I get a fear-of-heights attack.

I probably would have sailed up the first 30 steps filled with confidence... after which I would have glimpsed down, froze over with fear... with my knees buckling... stuck in that position for what-feels-like-eternity...

Fhanks Slayer... fhanks a lot... for nuttin

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I've been up 420 feet to the top of a bridge pylon, and that video gives me the chills lol.

Bridge I worked on....

en.m.wikipedia.org...'_Glass_City_Skyway

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Not scared of heights. I'm scared off falling from them.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I used to love heights, the higher the better. Now after I got the TLE, my balance isn't what it used to be so I suffer staying on the ground.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

edit on 11-9-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
And if you`re more of walker instead of climber this is also fun :

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
Acrophobia challenged?

I triple dog dare you to view the following...

Uh-uh... nope nope nope. I watched it. All the way to the end. No way I would do that job.

"It's nice to take a break and look around" ...yeah right, and vomit.

So they tote their little red bag of tools all the way up there. Nice. (Why can't a toolbox be bolted up there instead of hauling one back and forth?) I guess if they drop a wrench, they not only kill somebody below, but they are greatly inconvenienced by having to climb all the way back down to get another one?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Thanks for all the replies. I thought some would find it interesting LOL

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

That would promote a justified fear of soiling one's shorts.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Slayer..that was pure EVIL!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Thanks a lot. Now my butt is clenched so tight I won't be able to poop for 2 days.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I remember watching this a few months ago. Didnt bother me. Apparently ive got no fear of heights.

How about this one:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
OK, I watched it all on full screen and am now physically ill.

I have a fear of heights bad enough that simply seeing someone I care about close to heights freaks me out and makes me ill.

This was bad.

You are wicked.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Interesting video, thanks for sharing it. While not afraid of heights in the prevent me from exploring them sense, I am--shall we say--a bit overly flirtatious with gravity when its caress beckons so seductively at great heights to surrender and let go. That said, I hope the gentleman in the video is well insured. Playing the percentages is risky enough simply commuting to work on the highway.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Thanks Slayer, I enjoyed watching that. Yes I have climbed towers before. Workers hated climbing those just to change a light blub, and yes they burn out at the most inconvenient times. And the real problem, when nature calls and you just gotta go!

Also tower climbing is considered to be the most dangerous job in North America and has the highest death and injury rate of all civilian jobs.

Got any more?

new topics

top topics

join