It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planned Internet Shutdown For September 11, 2014?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I didn't see anything happen, did any one see anything happen.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ObjectZero
Here in Indonesia I have less than 4 hours till the end of sept 11, my internet has been fine all day.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Internet Slowdown Day: Leading web companies fight for ‘net neutrality’

rt.com...

Reddit, Netflix, Foursquare, Mozilla, Vimeo, and Wordpress are backing the ‘Internet Slowdown’ protest against proposed US regulations that would segregate internet surfing speeds and kill “net neutrality.” The September 10 protest features a revolving icon – symbolizing slow connectivity – illustrating how losing net neutrality would harm websites and other online services.

The US Federal Communications Commission (FCC) aims to introduce changes in existing rules allowing cable giants like AT&T, Comcast and Verizon to operate a two-tiered internet, with “slow lanes” for most internet companies, and “fast lanes” for those willing to pay more.

Dont now how reliable RT is these days.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: MinangATS

yes, since this does not apply to you in INDONESIA.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
My internet did not go out, nor did my power.

It's a conspiracy site and I felt the details had to be released (individual planned outages from separate providers), even if I felt certain it was a joke or misinterpretation all along.

My internet is as slow as usual. I believe I have the internet equivalent to Obamacare.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
This happened in Australia...

THERE were fears on Thursday the region would experience a blackout similar to the one in March that shut down Darwin for 12 hours. But Essential Services Minister Willem Westra van Holthe said Power & Water Corporation (PWC) generators should be back to full power on Thursday night. He said a communications error between the offshore Blacktip oil platform and mainland operations stopped gas flowing through the Bonaparte pipeline, leaving only a limited amount to power the Channel Island Power Station, which services the Darwin and Katherine regions.

www.news.com.au...

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Nothing has happened where I am as yet. It's still the 11th, and I have a long way to go before the day passes. If anything happens, I'll come back to this thread to reply with what happened.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
how would a worldwide internet shut down happen?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkuzzleButt
how would a worldwide internet shut down happen?

I will start the list:

5. Politicians discover GOOGLE created Politician translate which converts politician talk to the truth.

4. NFL concludes if their is no internet than their players can't be caught beating their wifes .

3. Al Sharpton labels the internet racist, because he discovers that the crime infested portion of the internet is called the Darknet.

2. Comcast takes control of it.

1. Bill gates takes over Apple and Steve Jobs punishes us all from the grave.

edit on 50930America/ChicagoThu, 11 Sep 2014 15:50:29 -0500up3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahsurexxx
No problems with UK internet either so I guess it was just a silly 'dreams and predictions' type doom fail as expected on ATS.
...not complaining though, I love the entertainment personally, although a few hours left of the 11th for the US so 'something' could happen, but I am confident I'll wake up tomorrow and it will be same as, same as.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join