It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lights In The Sky Last Night 09/08/14 in Rural VA

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
You think ants wonder why we do the things we do..

originally posted by: damwel
I have always wondered why UFO s would have lights on them.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

. I am wondering if that could have been what made my eyes get so red and burning/stinging, because it really hurt my eyes when the thing lit up full force.

Well well. This is very Keelian.

Did you notice any unusual odors at the time of the sighting?

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: 1ofthe9

It is interesting that you ask that because I got home from work at about 8pm and as soon as I got out of the car, I smelled wood smoke, like someone had a fire going. I said something about it because there are no fireplaces either in my little house or the big farm house, but everyone looked at me like I was crazy and said they didn't smell anything but the cut hay in the field. That was about two hours before the sighting.

I have a very sensitive nose, so it could have been from one of the other farms in the area and it's possible I'd have smelled it, but there was no wind to carry a scent like that and the closest neighbor is almost a quarter mile away in any direction. I smell things a lot that other people can't smell, so it didn't register as being too atypical...but then I didn't even think about a connection between my weird vertigo or the eye irritation and the object I saw either until someone asked me about side effects. Makes me glad I posted about it because I would never have thought of things like that.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Congratulations on witnessing such an awesome sighting!

And thank you for sharing your experience with us in detail. I hope when you get a camera this thing will come back to allow you to get some quality photos!

I was seeing one last year, I think, on my way to work every night. Thing is, I didn't have my camera the first time I saw it. I pulled off to a side road and stopped. It moved/danced in the sky like it was putting on a show for me. Then it flashed a beam right down to my car! That sort of freaked me out! I felt like it just wanted to say, "Hello, I see you there watching me." I stayed and watched it as long as I could, but I had to get to work.

The next night, I was ready with my camera, but when I took my camera out to get a picture, my batteries were dead. They shouldn't have been because I had just charged them so I'd be ready to capture it.
Other things kept me from getting it on film too, on other nights. Like, it would only show up right before I was heading into some trees where it wouldn't be visible, and no place to pull over to get a pic; things like that. It seemed to read my mind. It knew I wanted to take a picture, but it wasn't having it.
Maybe I'll get one some day. I've been looking for it to show up again at the right time. I keep my camera with me in my car at all times now.

S&F on your post!

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

What county / part of va did you see this? I also live in Va, near Richmond and have had my share of sightings going back over the years. Also, have captured it on video.
This is one of mine, though someone else took the liberty to re-post and stabilize.. nice of them.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735

Thank you! Your experience sounds so exciting! I've had numerous sightings over the years of orange spheres/orbs which also seemed to be putting on a show for me, but none of them came close to me like your encounter.

I did initially take at least six shots with my cell camera but absolutely none of them were saved on the phone. The shots I posted were the second set. I just assumed that the camera malfunctioned. Now I wonder if somehow the object caused it. What do you think?

As soon as I have the funds I'm going to get a real camera because I've had so many sightings that I feel sure I'll have more, and if this thing comes back I want to get photos of it so everyone can see what it looks like. .. it's so exciting!

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: carl6405

I'm in Madison county but only 2.7 miles from the Culpeper county line, in Reva.

And OMG what an amazing video! That is very similar to what I saw, only nowhere near that close up. .. the big light on yours that sort of strobes toward the bottom is like the one on my UFO! And the ring of lights around it is also very similar, only the ones on mine were spinning and were lots of different colors and there was a more definite spherical shape in the middle. .. it reminded me of Saturn with just one ring around it. That is so unbelievably cool!

I know people are probably laughing at me because I sound like a total dork but I don't care. .. this is just so exciting and wondrous to me. ..I really hope I get "visited" again.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I have had many sightings and yes, it is very exciting...no matter how many times it happens. I had an "incident" involving a ufo one night when I was on the road after doing the 3 to 11 shift as a nurse. It was lonely on the highway that night and suddenly a very bright light was shining above me and mostly coming into the back window of my car. Then, the entire car started to have a vibrating type of feeling. I felt the dash board and the seats and door and everywhere there was this electrical/vibrating feeling. You may have experienced the same to a lesser degree in that you mentioned a humming kinda feeling...perhaps a vibrating type feeling to an extent?

I was not alarmed and even had a thought that this has happened before and not to be afraid. Later, I found myself on the opposite side of the highway and with around 20 minutes of time misplaced.

I saw 2 actually beautiful ufos over a nearby water tower some years back. They were only about 300 ft. above the towers and each had what looked 4 huge windows or glass structures of some kind, totally without sound. I called out to my hubby who saw them too. I was waiting in our car and he was coming out of the grocery store. They then banked at a 45 degree angle and lifted up some and "blinked out". I felt as if there were still there only no longer visible.

I have put photos on the web and here but got tired of doing so and all the hassle involved from debunkers and skeptics and such. I have one post/thread here called "My photo of a ufo in Louisiana" or some such. It can probably be found in my records of posts in my profile. For some reason, I have lost the feature to post pics here and even redo my avatar. Anyhow, I know how you feel and how it can be almost a life changing event and sometimes awesome...sometimes scary but always interesting.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: shrevegal

Yes, the sensation was like a vibration but not like a rattling or shaking. .. kind of like if you put your face up to an oscillating fan and speak (aka "the robot voice"
), you feel the humming sensation? Or if you've ever sat on top of a bass amp or something? It was like that. It wasn't scary or anything. .. it was pretty exhilarating, to be honest. And this may sound weird but I kind of felt almost sad when it went away. .. almost like it was soothing to me but I didn't realize it until after the helicopter chased it away and it was suddenly gone.

I don't think I lost any time or anything like you did, but it certainly didn't seem like I had been out there for an hour, even though I most definitely was. And when it went away, it did just like you said, "blinked out".

I'm very surprised that so far no one has said anything negative on this thread. .. very refreshing, as I've seen so many people picked apart by skeptics in the past and was sure it would happen to me too, especially since I have nothing but my testimony and some awful photos. Of course the night is young yet. .. there may be at least one angry debunker out there who will chime in.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Hi again Tiger, I am glad folks are being decent relevant to your post. I went back to my post that I mentioned and I see that the photos I posted there of my "ufos" are gone. I don't know how that happens or why I have lost the feature to post pics and even change my avatar and such...I need to ask one of the mods sometime.The one photo I had there was of a thick "skytrail" and 2 perfectly round craft...very clear and with shadows on their lower right sides. Was a very stunning pic I thought.

I have been in touch with MUFON and had investigators to my house several times and went to various events that they sponsored and it was all very interesting. it is amazing how many people have seen unusual craft and had unusual events occur.

Certainly some craft may be ours but I really feel like many are not. Too many people have seen these things...even dating way back in History. I feel like there are more than one type of craft and definitely more than one type of species/visitors...some benevolent...some give one pause.

Anyhow, I'm glad some people are starting to accept the possibilities and be understanding as to the fact that "The truth is out there" and we are not alone. Most of my experiences were positive in nature and amazing. Enjoy your adventure and I hope you get to witness more...usually, if you have a sighting, it has been my experience that more will follow. Perhaps they do "sense" some of us and want us to know they exist. Good luck and keep us posted.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: shrevegal

Well I hope you can get that straightened out. I'm going to look for your past posts tomorrow when I'm on my laptop. Thank you and good luck to you too. .. hopefully your visitors will continue to come to you as well and we can compare notes.
I agree, there are likely numerous different types of species that visit and I don't think the vast majority of sightings are craft of earthly origin. .. some probably are, but most are from other worlds. And I hope they aren't here looking for a fight. ..I like to think that they want to enlighten us or help us in some way. Thank you for sharing your experiences. It is so fascinating to hear others ' accounts and compare similarities. I wish more people would come forward and share too. .. especially when the thread is staying friendly like this one has been.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

Thank you! Your experience sounds so exciting! I've had numerous sightings over the years of orange spheres/orbs which also seemed to be putting on a show for me, but none of them came close to me like your encounter.

I did initially take at least six shots with my cell camera but absolutely none of them were saved on the phone. The shots I posted were the second set. I just assumed that the camera malfunctioned. Now I wonder if somehow the object caused it. What do you think?

As soon as I have the funds I'm going to get a real camera because I've had so many sightings that I feel sure I'll have more, and if this thing comes back I want to get photos of it so everyone can see what it looks like. .. it's so exciting!

What do I think? After the experience I had, I would say that if they don't want to be photographed, you aren't going to get one.
And, yes, it could have caused your camera to malfunction. But try again anyway, if it shows back up!

edit on 9/10/2014 by sled735 because: add comment

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
UFOs are created by demons to fool people into falling from faith.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Hello Tigertatzen,
thanks for describing your sighting here!

Could you make a drawing or illustration of it (with colors) ? (I mean the " "blurry edged" sphere with what appeared to be a flat band or strip encircling it like a belt or a ring (think Saturn) and on this structure were very bright lights; red, green, orange, white, blue, yellow and purple, flashing in sequence")

Could you try to estimate the size of the UFO between your inch and forefinger with your arm outstreched?

Thanks in advance!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Hey, this was a really fascinating thread.

I've had multiple recent UFO sightings over the last few years which I intend to create a thread about, one I get the privilege to do so on this site.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
And CARL, that was an amazing video, btw. I've seen a lot, and that was an incredible sighting you captured. Really awesome. Would love to hear more about it if you had any more info to share.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

What do I think? After the experience I had, I would say that if they don't want to be photographed, you aren't going to get one.
And, yes, it could have caused your camera to malfunction. But try again anyway, if it shows back up!

I wonder why they show themselves but then don't want to be photographed? They have to know they're not exactly a secret at this juncture...that's something that really puzzles me.

I will definitely try again and I'm looking online at used cameras this morning too

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Fl078

Hello Tigertatzen,
thanks for describing your sighting here!

Could you make a drawing or illustration of it (with colors) ? (I mean the " "blurry edged" sphere with what appeared to be a flat band or strip encircling it like a belt or a ring (think Saturn) and on this structure were very bright lights; red, green, orange, white, blue, yellow and purple, flashing in sequence")

Could you try to estimate the size of the UFO between your inch and forefinger with your arm outstreched?

Thanks in advance!

Hi!
Yes, I definitely can do a drawing. I didn't even think of that, thank you! I'd say if I measured with thumb and forefinger i could pinch it in roughly two inches or so. And I even took my glasses off (I'm myopic) so that it wouldn't seem closer to me as I was observing it and I was still able to make out a lot of detail...I was extremely fortunate that the Moon was full that night.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TheScion

Hey, this was a really fascinating thread.

I've had multiple recent UFO sightings over the last few years which I intend to create a thread about, one I get the privilege to do so on this site.

Thank you
Would you be interested in sharing a little of your experience on this thread? You could get your 20 posts and add to the awesome accounts already described here, all at the same time

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TheScion

Scion,

Thank you for your comments to my video. I do not intend to hi-jack this thread. However, I also live in Virginia and like I said, have had many sightings in Virginia, throughout my lifetime. I met my wife in the Smith Mountain Lake area, while I was a MUFON Field investigator. That experience, is one that will never be forgotten.

I was interviewed by Art Bell, back in 2002, shortly after I posted this video on the internet.
This is the un-edited version. Complete with my soon to be wife, trying to film this thing with the lens cap on the camera.. that is at the beginning of the video.

Also.. her cell phone rang.. you can hear it in the video, however, her cell phone didn't have service. Only carried it, if we needed to dial 911.
www.youtube.com...

I was also interviewed by the local CBS affiliated news station. The anchor person got in contact with me via email. After we met in private, he told us about his own sighting, which occurred just 2 miles from where I live. It was a low flying, tree top level, dark triangular craft.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join