It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lights In The Sky Last Night 09/08/14 in Rural VA

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: carl6405

Carl,

There was also some kind of connecting structure on my UFO. It wasn't just a free floating mass in the center... but the connecting parts were thin and skeletal, like scaffolding or something.

I also don't think your UFO was any kind of plane. The biggest giveaway is the lack of nav lights, but that definitely doesn't look like a tail either, even without you explaining about the red strobe. It's obviously some kind of aircraft or spacecraft that doesn't jive with what we know to be any man made craft. And if it were some type of experimental plane, the question still remains: what the hell was it doing out there and why was it flying so low? Alien or not, I'd love to know what it is and I'm sure you would too.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Agreed.

Also.. Tail sections on your average, everyday air plane, are not located 40-100 ft. below the rest of the air craft. LOL

I wished that Gortex would have responded back to my view on his tags that he/she added to the frame grab from my video on youtube. Debating this stuff is healthy, as long as both people have an open mind.

With regard to getting a camera on a budget. Here's a tip for you. On any given day, you can usually find a good used digital camera for under $20 on craigslist. You can upload your pics for free, on photobucket.com

Plus.. if you will be sky watching, always take your camera out of auto focus and focus on the objects manually. This goes for video or still camera shots.

I have been a camera buff since i was a teenager. Always have. Recently, I have been playing around with night time photography. The trick to night time shots, is long exposure times and manually focused to infinity. Fun stuff!

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Also.. Tail sections on your average, everyday air plane, are not located 40-100 ft. below the rest of the air craft. LOL

Hahahahaaaaa yes, also a very valid observation!

I wished that Gortex would have responded back to my view on his tags that he/she added to the frame grab from my video on youtube. Debating this stuff is healthy, as long as both people have an open mind.

It is sad that more people don't have an open mind. I was really hoping he'd give us some actual footage to compare to your video as well, because I personally can't see anything about your UFO that says "this is a plane". Diagrams and tags on a still shot just don't do it for me...I need a solid basis for comparison. It's just the way my mind operates.

With regard to getting a camera on a budget. Here's a tip for you. On any given day, you can usually find a good used digital camera for under $20 on craigslist. You can upload your pics for free, on photobucket.com

Plus.. if you will be sky watching, always take your camera out of auto focus and focus on the objects manually. This goes for video or still camera shots.

I most definitely will be looking for one this weekend. And taking test shots with it to make sure I understand how everything works before any visitors decide to come back out into the sticks again, lol

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Your wish is my command

It would seem unbeknownst to me _BoneZ_ came to the same conclusion as I did last year.
The most convincing UFO video footage we have

So that's two independent assessments of the footage coming to the same conclusion , sorry Carl but now I've seen that post from _BoneZ_ I'm even more convinced that I / we are right.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Gortex,

Thanks for your reply.

I see what you are saying and from the frame grab, looking at the craft from the vantage point it was recorded/filmed, there is a resemblance to this refueling mission that my video has been compared to.

However, in making this comparison, you have to take other things into consideration, if you wish to make the leap, and come to this conclusion that it is a refuel mission.

You would need to explain the low altitude that this occurred and the lack of standard navigation lights.

I didn't really reply back to that previous post.. Reason, is i do not feel obligated to persuade people one way or the other. Only thing, I can say.. is what I think that it isn't.

Refueling missions happen every day, though, they don't happen over the area that I live in. I wish someone would present a video of a refueling mission, that was filmed from ground level. I have looked around on the internet for this type of video, but no luck. Would be very difficult, due to the high altitude these missions occur. But, would be nice to see, so we could get a true comparison.

Edit:
Couple years, prior to filming this craft, I had been a MUFON Field Investigator. I was given a case, that occurred only a few miles(5) and along the same highway, that I filmed this. Someone had reported seeing a UFO that reassembled the Star Ship Enterprise. Although, When I went to investigate it, the witness wouldn't talk. So.. don't kn ow any more than that.

Also, as I have already noted, My wife's cell phone was ringing and it didnt have service. How could this happen? You can hear it in the video. However, we didnt even notice that it was ringing while filming this. Guess we were just too excited to notice.

edit on 16-9-2014 by carl6405 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-9-2014 by carl6405 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Couple years, prior to filming this craft, I had been a MUFON Field Investigator. I was given a case, that occurred only a few miles(5) and along the same highway, that I filmed this. Someone had reported seeing a UFO that reassembled the Star Ship Enterprise. Although, When I went to investigate it, the witness wouldn't talk. So.. don't kn ow any more than that.

Ok, I just got chills when I read that...when I was describing the supporting structure around the black plasma sphere in my UFO, I almost said it was like the connecting structure to the nacelles on the Enterprise...but I wasn't sure if anyone would catch the reference so I didn't say it.

Edit: Carl, would you be able to get me the details on that sighting by chance? Where they were, what was going on around them? I had a dream two years ago that involved a craft very similar to the Enterprise. It was a very vivid, frightening dream and haunts me to this day. There would be very specific details about its appearance and its location that would be important to me personally, should they match up. If you had not made the reference to the U.S.S. Enterprise, I would not have thought about my dream. I'm sure it sounds really weird, but this is very important to me.

edit on 301511America/ChicagoWed, 17 Sep 2014 11:15:45 -050030am30259America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: added thought

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I see what you are saying and from the frame grab, looking at the craft from the vantage point it was recorded/filmed, there is a resemblance to this refueling mission that my video has been compared to.

However, in making this comparison, you have to take other things into consideration, if you wish to make the leap, and come to this conclusion that it is a refuel mission.

You would need to explain the low altitude that this occurred and the lack of standard navigation lights.

I didn't really reply back to that previous post.. Reason, is i do not feel obligated to persuade people one way or the other. Only thing, I can say.. is what I think that it isn't.

Refueling missions happen every day, though, they don't happen over the area that I live in. I wish someone would present a video of a refueling mission, that was filmed from ground level. I have looked around on the internet for this type of video, but no luck. Would be very difficult, due to the high altitude these missions occur. But, would be nice to see, so we could get a true comparison.

That's what I was hoping for too...it might be the angle or something, but the structure of the lights in both images don't even look the same. They look similar, but something is off about them, their shape and placement don't match up. And no nav lights, the low altitude and area where your sighting occurred...it doesn't jive. I am also looking for footage taken from the ground, because I really want to know what kind of craft it is...airplane or not.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Right... the only part that I agree with, regarding "could be possibly a refuel mission" is that there is a similarity, in the configuration of the lights when comparing this to the image that was posted of jets tailing behind the KC-10 refuel plane.

Now..in order for this to hold water, as to this is what it is.. more comparisons need to come forward, such as lighting on the tailing jets.. only 1 light? Also, I think if those "tailing" lights were chase jets, by me filming this in night shot mode, infra red, the camera would have picked up some additional structure or at least an outline of a small jet.

Anyway.. people are free to believe what they wish and that is a beautiful thing. LOL

Your question about the location of the star ship enterprise sighting...
google search "fordham rd. 23832"
street view, highway 360... in that area.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

I know you said the witness didn't want to talk but was anything documented about the sighting? Like a report maybe? I'd really love to see a detailed description of the craft.

Going to Google the area now so I can at least see the highway they were on.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I am skeptical of the mid air refueling hypothesis for a few reasons such as the color of the lighting, duration of the sighting and apparent angular size of the UFO.

Has anybody mention quad-copter with LED night lighting yet?

There has been an explosion of similar sightings the last couple of years that have turned out to be people playing with their R/C toys at night. ( a few months ago 4chan even tried to get on the bandwagon by orchestrating a mass UFO sighting using LED quad-copters )

Edit: I thought this might be helpful to some....

edit on 17-9-2014 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Drunkenparrot

D. Parrot,

Thank you for your input. However, going to have to say a no go on that theory.
I videotaped this craft in Jan, 2002. In addition to that, this was a very large craft that we watched for several miles until it flew out of viewing range.

Being that we are talking about my sighting and not TigerTz's so much. Didnt mean to hi-jack this thread with my video, but maybe I should give some more details about it.

Date: Jan 8, 2002
Time: approx 8:00pm EST
Google Street View of where I pulled off the road to film this craft.. Street View Link
Direction: flying West, North West over Highway 360,
Altitude - Guessing between 2000-5000 ft.
Weather condition- Clear skies, winds calm
Size of craft - combining the cluster of lights, larger than 747.
Duration of Sighting: 5-8 minutes
Trajectory - Flew in a straight path, West, North West. Almost as if it was following the highway.
Camera used: Digital Hi-8mm, Sony Handy Cam, purchased in 2001
Color of Lights: White and one large Red strobing light in the center

edit on 18-9-2014 by carl6405 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-9-2014 by carl6405 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Also, if it were a helicopter wouldn't you have heard the rotors? I know my UFO wasn't a helicopter because it made no sound, yet I heard the copter flying toward it right before its lights went all crazy and it disappeared.

Carl, you're not hijacking my thread, lol.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

TigerT,

You may want to start going outside during the same time frame for 30 mins or so at a time and look for other unusual light formations. Do a little night/sky watching. The next time, you'll be ready with your camera. Its a good way to pass the time, if nothing else. Many times, if there is one sighting, there will be more to come in the same area.

Where I live now, I have a very small view of the sky. My old house was better as far as that goes. Used to see UFO's quite frequently.
I have a lot more material/pics & videos that I have personally taken. Also I used to have my own web site. Took it down, due to the cost and all the crap I used to catch from people I used to work with. My old job.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Carl,

That is a very good idea and I will definitely start going out there regularly. I got an email from a field investigator for MUFON yesterday. He wants to talk to me to confirm the details of my sighting. He said he wants the pictures too even though they didn't come out right. Do they investigate every sighting that gets reported to them?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

It just depends on the sighting and if they have an investigator that lives in the general area to the sighting.

Something, im sure you will find interesting, in case you are not aware of it. Search the UFO sighting database for reports in your area.

Go to mufon.com
Track UFO's tab,
click on Search UFO database and select the state, VA. Submit.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Ok, I think this guy lives in VA too. And thank you...I will be interested to see what others have witnessed in my area. I wish there was a report for the Enterprise UFO, but maybe MUFON will have a similar one from people who didn't say it looked like the Enterprise.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join