It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ideas For New Halo Weapons?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I'm just curious on what weapons ya'll think sould of/be in the Halo Games.

My ideas are such

1. RPPG: Rocket Propelled Plasma Grenade/ Like against tanks, long range enemies[Ya'll might say Rokcet Launcher, right?]
2. Covenant Shotgun: Yes, that might kill the respect of Human Weapons, BUT WHO CARES!!! Could of/be for Covenant Missions
3. Long Range Shotgun: I dunno the name of the movie, but it's got the cops on Mars that end up fighting some ghosts that can take over bodies.........anyways, 1 or 2 have a long range shotgun, but this is the least of my favorites in a way
4. Battle Rifle with Automatic and Semi Modes: I HATE the fact that ur stuck on 3 Round Burst ALL THE TIME!!! Battle Rifle+that=

Not right for it's name. Prob: WHAT BUTTON WOULD U PUSH TO SWITCH???
5. Human Vesion of the Banshee: U got the Pelican and those Space Fighters/Bombers, BUT U CAN'T DRIVE THEM, so instead of having to take a Banshee from the Covenant, this would be better for the Master Chief Missions, and the Arbiter[If u still get to play him next time] to capture 1, just incase.
6. Okay, if anything, MINES!!!!!!!!
Covenant and Human Mines that detonate either when something hits it, or detonation ones 2. That's 1 of my favorites, it would be good on Multiplayer espically.

7. hehehe, AN FUTURE VERSION OF THE OICW
: Yea, 9.5mm, 7.62, or 5mm Rounds, then switch to the 20mm, well, that might say bye to the Rocket Launcher, but it still has it's "Lock On" feature.

8. ERRR, WHERE DID THE FLAME THROWER GO????: THAT WOULD BE GREEEAAAT TO HAVE THAT BACK!!!
9. Pelican with Blackhawk Miniguns and Rocket Pods: Would be intresting, no? Mowing down Covenant with all that firepower, might be hard for Hunters, hmmmmm, I wonder how those Pelicans could be put in the game?

10. Medipacks for Marines and Covenant or Marine or Covenant Meds: THAT WOULD HELP FOR ALL SORTS OF IDEAS AND LEVELS!!!

Any others ya'll got?

[edit on 6-12-2004 by SEAL Trident]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I think you're playing too much

the worst in ANY game (some films too) is the gatling gun (minigun)... even a 60 kg pack (weapon+battery+ammo) would last only some seconds...

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
This belongs on BTS but I'll add in, they need an improved sniper rifle with explosive bullets and semi-auto fire. Plus they need nightvison and IR vision. Plus Halo needs some sort of EMP weapon to take down shields. And finally how about mortars. Oh and as for that plasma RPG, it's already done, we call it the Fuel Rod Gun.

[edit on 12/6/2004 by cyberdude78]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
DUDe I FEEL YOURE PAIN!!!

why shoot 3 shots when u can drop the biotch with 1 bullet???

anyways. For weaponz, ive got a couple ideas:

Noble weapons of conquest (aka covenant #e)

double sided plasma staff- kinda like a bo staff with a plasma blade on each end

brute pistol- pistol sized weapon that shoots mini grenades, and has bayonet

Needle rifle- medium ranged weapon that shoots non-homing needles at high velocity, scope needed. high rate of fire a neccessity.then add like, a secondary plasma grenade launcher on the bottome.

fuel rocket launcher- In a way similar to the fuel rod gun, except that it would shoot a type of rocket, similar to the human rocket. Homing capability, but not nearly as good as the human heat seeker.

ground support walker- more armoured than than the typical ghost, similar to
the scarab, though on a much smaller scale. Armed with quad firing plasma cannons and 2 fuel rod guns.

Heavy ghost- larger than the standard ghost hovercraft. generally the same, with the exception of heavy armour and better speed. 2 plasma cannons on sides for gunners, forward firining plasma cannon for pilot, and light plasma cannon on back for gunner, firing to the back of the vehicle.

Covenant battle tank- Sleek, wedge shaped front similar to wraith. turret mounted needle cannon, that can fire in all directions. with it, a co-axial mounted fuel gun, and 2 spectre cannons on the side.

Covenant gunship- phantom body with no troop carying ability. armed with 1 single needle cannon on the bottom, the 3 original plasma cannons, and mounted heavy fuel rocket launchers. (bigger versions of the fuel rocket)

Covenant APC- more armored than the shadow, spectre guns on sides, along with original plasma cannon on the top.

Covenant light mortar- portable, troop operated mortar gun on a hovering platform for quick redployment. Fires impact detonated plasma bombs, similar to plasma grenades. bombs are activated after it has left the launch tube.

ROC drone (remote operated combat) -although the covenant has a massive amount of fodder, they could save soldiers by using a recon dron. could be armed with a light plasma cannon, and is remote opperated. im geussing only the special ops dudes could use them.

now that ive exhausted my covenant weapons, lets look @ potential

Primitive implements of war (human gunz)

Portable HMG: similar to the smart gun from "Aliens". Portable, high powered heavy weapon thats good for ripping off ammo.

Flame thrower- fires a pressurized jet of napalm, barbecuing anything unlucky enough to get on the wrong end of it. good for street fighting where there are lots of tight spaces

MA5b assault rifle with undermounted grenade launcher

umm i geuss thats all I can think of.

ill post again if I get any more ideas

[edit on 6-12-2004 by Catfish]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Okay, 4 that RPPG Idea, I mean so that they stick, AND MAN!!!! GREAT AND CREATIVE IDEAS!!!
, and I forgot about that Portable HMG Idea, like from "Call of Duty United Offensive" and the .50 Cals, MG34s, etc..., they can be carried, but not fired on the move[sense that would only make it fair :bnghd:]

[edit on 6-12-2004 by SEAL Trident]

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
oooooo I have a new idea!

a covenant plasma spout-(weird name ya, but read on..)

think of it as a flame thrower, that sprays a super pressurized jet of over-heated plasma, that melts through armor and flesh with disgusting ease.

I like!

then, we have.....

the plasma uzi (better name appreciated)

smaller than plasma rifle, bigger than pistol. has a real good rate of fire, matching that of the human gatling gun. Not overly powerful, but good against armor, and isnt prone to overheating as fast as the pistol or rifle.

then........

the needle grenade!

a small purple sphere, that has a 5 second fuse after triggered. when it reaches second 4, spikes suddenly eject, and launches into the air, shredding anything that was too close to the first blast. When airborne (at detonation time) it explodes in a wake of purple plasma that fries anything that survived the first blast, then it fires a nova of needles out in every direction at super high velocity speeds. Needles detonate on impact, and dont home in on heat signatures.

then.....

The plasma spyder.

its a mine, that looks like an unused plasma grenade. Press the button and run away from enemies! watch from a distance as they go to forage on your grenades that you forgot (heheh). As they go to pick it up, it launches onto their face and detonates with a blast exactly like the needle grenade.

Gauss rifle
lightweight gauss gun in a compact rifle form.

Portable minigun
smaller version of the LAAG on the back of the warthog. Smaller, and is able to be used by 1 person.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
How about a small grenade launcher for the battle rifle

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I thought about those GL Ideas, prob 4 the MA5B is that u might have 2 take off the flashlight, [lol!], and the Battle Rifle would look cooler with the GL, ALOOOOT COOLER!!! [lol!]
It looks like that's what it needed from the start, like it was born 2 have have it. [lol!]
And again, VERY CREATIVE IDEAS!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
How about a SwitchBlade?

Allways good to gut and slash:bash:

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   
They should improve the shotgun to make it more powerful and more like the flechette weapon from Jedi Outcast. It was basically a combination shotgun/grenade launcher that could kill in one or two hits at close range and was effective at medium ranges too.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowtrooper90
They should improve the shotgun to make it more powerful and more like the flechette weapon from Jedi Outcast. It was basically a combination shotgun/grenade launcher that could kill in one or two hits at close range and was effective at medium ranges too.

theres nothing wrong with the shotgun, get close and bang, their dead in one shot

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard

theres nothing wrong with the shotgun, get close and bang, their dead in one shot

They made it weaker in two, so that you basically have to be point blank. That in itself isn't bad, but they added the sword, made exclusively for close combat. They pretty much made the sword the only close-combat weapon. Grenades and shotguns have been made weaker, so some players just go for the sword, which usually isn't too hard to find.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I so feel ur pain, the shotgun in "Halo: Combat Evoled" seemed better 2 me than in "Halo 2". B4, it seemed u might need 2 get a few feet away 2 ill them with 1 shot, but now, U HAVE 2 GET POINTBLANK RANGE!!!!????!!!!???
THAT JUST PLAIN OUT SUCKS!!!! Just yesterday, I played against my neighbor with a Shotgun when he had a Battle Rifle[at the time], HE ALMOST BEAT ME 2-5 METERS APART!!!! Just like the pistol[M6C], it needs 2 be put back 2 how it was in the original.

And also, hmmmm....., that would be a cool weapon 2.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Ahh a coventant shotgun= would fire a bunch of needler shots at once.

and thats it, that is the only thing that i would want to add to be able to keep a ballence in the game.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero

and thats it, that is the only thing that i would want to add to be able to keep a ballence in the game.

Come on, if humans and covenant have the same weapons, then why play as either side? Will either have any advantages? They need to be unique, and SW: Battlefront did a good job of that while keeping it reasonably balanced. But in Halo2, they made the shotgun and grenades not nearly as powerful as before just so they could have the sword. If each side is going to have the exact same weapons and vehicles, then maybe they should go back to SPARTANS only.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero

Come on, if humans and covenant have the same weapons, then why play as either side? Will either have any advantages? They need to be unique, and SW: Battlefront did a good job of that while keeping it reasonably balanced. But in Halo2, they made the shotgun and grenades not nearly as powerful as before just so they could have the sword. If each side is going to have the exact same weapons and vehicles, then maybe they should go back to SPARTANS only.

yea, i c what u mean, but at the end, it seems that the Grunts, Elites, and Hunters might join up what the Humans, well, fight against the "New" Covenant, so, yea........

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   
very good point, why would we have similar wepaons at all we are very difreant creatures.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SEAL Trident
5. Human Vesion of the Banshee: U got the Pelican and those Space Fighters/Bombers, BUT U CAN'T DRIVE THEM, so instead of having to take a Banshee from the Covenant, this would be better for the Master Chief Missions, and the Arbiter[If u still get to play him next time] to capture 1, just incase.

Im all for flying the pelican. As for the human banshee, how about something like an F-22 with anti-aircraft guns(like on the warthog) and guilded missiles? I think that would be awsome. The pelicans should have some sort of missiles too.

As for the weapons: I would do that emp pulse wave thing. It would be like in starwars clone wars with those guns that shoot electricity. That would be awsome. A needler shotgun would be cool but I dont want the covenant and humans to have similar weapons. The battle rifle and the(crap I forgot the name. You know the one that shoots one green bulletthingy?) were just to similar. They were practically the same weapon. Also in Halo2 you ran out of ammo way to fast. I would always have to abandond my guns and pick up a plasma rifle. That pissed me off.

I do not know if the humans the the elites can work together. There would be a prejucide amongs the two sides and when they win at the end they might end up fighting with each other again anyway.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
i was thinking of these lil spiked disks that when you throw them they shoot out needles and when they hit someone they explode
yeah everything i thought of others said...

-Bengy

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
[
Im all for flying the pelican. As for the human banshee, how about something like an F-22 with anti-aircraft guns(like on the warthog) and guilded missiles? I think that would be awsome. The pelicans should have some sort of missiles too.

Come on an F-22 would be awsome!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join