It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burger recipe revisted

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
So I am cooking for a girl tomorrow and I gave her a menu to choose from.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scalloped potatoes with pork chops.

Linguini with a home made tomato sauce.(might add chicken to it...her choice)

Hamburgers...we have a bbq and my burger recipe is so good you don't need ketchup or anything on them.

New York steak with maple flavored potato,with green and red pepper and onion.

Tacos (hard shell)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
She chose burgers on the barby because summer is ending.

I did this thread here www.abovetopsecret.com... but because of the circumstances...I want you to help me make it better....so what do you have?

Somewhat stressed about making the BEST burger anyone has ever eaten so am looking at you peeps for help.

I want to serve a meal she would crawl through glass and swim an ocean to eat.

I received some great ideas on the last burger thread but I want more.

edit on 9-9-2014 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

An idea I have is to make 2 patties,put cheese in the middle and make it one patty with stuffed cheese after I spice the meat.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun

An idea I have is to make 2 patties,put cheese in the middle and make it one patty with stuffed cheese after I spice the meat.

That sounds very good! I add diced cheese to my burger meat mixture or shredded. It depends on what i have. I have used asiago to brie and it is so damn good. I also mince up onion and green peppers. I add the traditional salt and pepper too.

You're cooking for a girl? **chuckles**

I am making some bomb veggie spaghetti sauce for baked ziti tonight with some homemade Italian bread. You know the sauce recipe will be posted lol.
edit on 9/9/2014 by mblahnikluver because: #wordcrimes

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Best advice I can give anyone is NOT to use lean burger, Too dry. Use medium ground and for so much more flavor and juiciness mix about 30% ground pork.

Seasonings are up to you but ground onion, garlic, cracked black pepper, Worcestershire and seasoning salt (Lawry's) are my go to stuff. Little dry Keens mustard is always nice.

Also, don't buy store buns, too soggy. Either home made by you or a great bakery or the Kaiser is always best IMO. If you have pretzel buns available...DO IT! Phone around.

Damn! Now I'm hungry.

Peace

Peace

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
You've already got the most important....Worcestershire sauce.
Have you ever tried adding about half a pouch of Lipton's onion soup mix? I love it. Try it first.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

You know the sauce recipe will be posted lol.

You better post it.

You're cooking for a girl? **chuckles**

I think you know me a tad too well....which I like.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Worcestershire sauce

That is one of my go to things.
Never added onion soup mix but maybe I will give it a day in court.
Thanks man.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Keep it simple. Use ground chuck, sirloin is too lean and dry. Fat and flavor go hand in hand.
Char grill your patties.
Slap some melted butter on your buns toast them on a flat grill and give it a little spicy mustard.
Top it with cheese, some avocado slices, grilled onion, and some bacon.
Good to go.
Give her a few cold ones to wash it down and you will own her.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I want to serve a meal she would crawl through glass and swim an ocean to eat. I want to serve a meal she would crawl through glass and swim an ocean to eat.

No problem: MSG. Works every time.

Got a local Asian market?

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
There is something you should understand. Guys are supposed to do all outdoor grilling and outdoor cooking and women are supposed to do the creative dishes. We should be helping them though, peeling the potatoes and carrots or especially the onions. Well, that is a little old fashioned but you have to remember something, everyone needs to feel needed. You can modify this but the need each other needs to be kept intact. Guys should be required to clean fish.

Guys should help pick out meats at the store too. The reason for this is that guys should be going to the store with their partner. This brings together the family or relationship.

There are other things that you should let your partner do on their own. Ask about these things, everyone is different.

Now I am open to attack by the women.

Start with some grass fed naturally aged burger and add a little salt and pepper. Let her pick out what she wants to pick on the burger.
edit on 9-9-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Lowry's seasoning salt on the burger before cooking.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I don't have anything to add, but I looked at your recipe and we now have buffalo burgers in our near future! Sounds heavenly! I might add a little green chile or chipotle powder for a kick.

I think it's "cool as the other side of the pillow" that you're cooking for her and want to make it the best.

Oh, make a dent in the middle of the burger before grilling so it comes out fairly flat without a big hump in the middle.
edit on 9/9/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
You could make my french onion burgers. They are great. Make a small batch of FOS, and cook it down so when it is added to the raw burger, it will make a patty. Reserve some of the FOS mixture. Get your toasted bun ready and put what's left of the FOS on the cooked burger followed by a slice of Swiss cheese. Enjoy! ;-)

If the FOS isn't cooked down enough, the patties will fall apart. I love these :-)

edit on 9-9-2014 by ICallGhosts because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
You've already got the most important....Worcestershire sauce.
Have you ever tried adding about half a pouch of Lipton's onion soup mix? I love it. Try it first.

AHHHH Worcestershire sauce! YES! I add that as well. It is so darn good!

I use to put it in my scrambled eggs back when I could eat eggs. It was just a very small amount but it added some flavor.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Mine is relatively simple.

I use ground chuck, minced onion, salt, pepper and Worcestershire. I don't pack them too tight and I push down the middle slightly before placing on the grill since all hamburgers tend to swell in the center when cooking.

I flip them ONCE and never, never press down on them while they are on the grill.

Edit to add the Evil Mason Burger for one of my favorite Mods.

Club one baby seal
Mix with the souls of 13 kittens
Grill over noxious vapors until still mewling
Slather with homemade 'ketchup'
Crack one of those high octane Canadian beers
Enjoy

edit on 9-9-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I also recommend trying the soup mix, local burger joint where I used to live was all the rage and that was their "secret".

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ICallGhosts

Not sure what FOS is but if you don't want them to fall apart,add an egg and a slice of bread all broken up and mix with the meat as well as your spices and as someone else mentioned Worcestershire sauce.
French onion soup I am assuming?

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun
Not sure what FOS is...

Either French Onion Soup or Fresh Orangutan Saliva.

I am leaning towards the latter...

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I think it's "cool as the other side of the pillow" that you're cooking for her and want to make it the best.

I want to make EVERY meal I make the best.
She already tossed me the friend card....maybe a good meal will change her mind?
She showed up at my door on Valentines Day once and I had to turn her away...maybe shes pissed still.

Meh...either way...she is going to get a meal that will make her change all of her political views and crawl through glass to get it because it will be that good.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

This burger is out of norm and delicious!

Burgers with Creamy Feta Sauce and Tomato-Cucumber Relish

top topics

<<   2 >>

join