It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspected Ebola case reported in 'ROME' Italy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
Here's hoping that the woman tests negative for Ebola.
As for travel, just think of all the ferries that travel in and out of Italy--and to many, many other countries. There are ferries from North Africa to Europe! Are passengers being scrutinized for signs of infection? If so, ferry rides can last many, many hours, long enough for an asymptomatic patient to start showing symptoms. Containment seems like a runaway train, because the outbreak has had everything on its side from the get-go.

edit on 9-9-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-9-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
a reply to: grandmakdw

I think we are getting ahead of ourselves.

This isn't a Thread on 'Survival'.

This 'Suspected' case in Rome may turn out to be nothing.

I think the Doomsday Scenario is a long way off.

True, I was replying to Jon and drifted a little.

But the Doomsday Scenario is not that long off if our current policies on handling Ebola remain as they are,
and if vaccine development is slow in coming (I think it will happen)
and if the "cure" can not be manufactured quickly enough to care for a large # of people.

That is why Ebola is so scarey.

Right now, as things stand now, at its current rate of spreading
with all the current policies in place
if things do not change
we are looking at a
"Black Plague" type event
within a very few years.

All of this makes the current policies of no "profiling" who can and can not travel quite dangerous for the entire world.

edit on 11Tue, 09 Sep 2014 11:14:10 -0500am90909amk092 by grandmakdw because: add

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Most of that can all be scaled down.

As for leaving excrement all over the place i do not know what your plans are but i will not because i have the acquired knowledge not to do that.

Anyway for the sake of argument we will say 10 generations that is still only 300 years.

so we will be back up to 7 billion with in 600 years give or take.
World population growth

So my argument still stands they would need to control us or they would just be back to square one.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
Once the entire world starts dying at a rate of close to 90% in 3rd world countries, and hopefully only 50% in first world countries, they will lose a lot of customers.

I grew up and a resident of a 3rd world country and hopefully, our chances will be as good as in 1st world!

You think we from 3rd world are less humans???

What we lack in technology, we make up in our non-pampered immune systems! In some parts of Africa, up to 34% of the local population is naturally immune to Ebola! Which means, they hardly even develop symptoms despite direct body fluids contact with Ebola infected individuals/corpses!

This actually means even without medical support, up to +50% guaranteed survivability in some places in Africa is possible since different strains of Ebola virus are only fatal between 50% and 90% of its victims (without prior immunity to the virus).

It's not right that Western Media keeps belittling us 3rd world people in term of survivability against outbreaks. What we lack in medical infrastructure, our own bodies with our strong natural immune systems keep up! Is this a ploy by the Western Media to promote Pharmaceutical Industry at the expense of promoting lifestyles which boost immune system (which includes refraining from use of Pharmaceutical products whenever possible to "workout" the immune system)

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
www.gotquestions.org...

I was taught in school the church caused the dark ages, not the plague. Bottom line, we all need to try to prepare.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: johndeere2020

Once the entire world starts dying at a rate of close to 90% in 3rd world countries, and hopefully only 50% in first world countries, they will lose a lot of customers.

I grew up and a resident of a 3rd world country and hopefully, our chances will be as good as in 1st world!

You think we from 3rd world are less humans???

I rate Africa's chances as better since it has probably had countless generations to build up resistance.
edit on 9-9-2014 by joho99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

And there is a theoretical risk for the UK as mentioned in the above article.

I suppose, in reality, what will be will be. But what is peculiar is the nonchalance and veritable disinterest in the potential havoc this illness could cause in the rest of the world by the powers that be. Consider the mass hysteria of government and health services over the almost 'non illness' that was 'swine flu'. It's as if............almost as if............it isn't 'really' happening.

No quarantine. No closed borders. No high level surveillance at ALL international airports. Now THAT is what is bizarre.
edit on 9-9-2014 by Elliot because: spelling

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Well, I posted this latest report from WHO in the other Threads as I don't know which one to keep up to date on.

The death toll from the worst Ebola outbreak in history has risen to at least 2,296 out of 4,293 cases in five West African countries, the World Health Organization said on Tuesday.

The figures show almost 200 new deaths from the disease but were as of Sept. 6, meaning that they represent only one day since the WHO's previous update, which related to Sept 5.

That's 200 in a day now.... could be 600 in a day by Thursday or Friday.
edit on CDTTue, 09 Sep 2014 12:03:59 -0500u3012x159x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Elliot

There did seem to be more Media Hype about Swine Flu. You are correct.

I think the ISIS situation, Ukraine/Russia and 'Scotland's' Independence are taking the Stage right now.

There are 'little' stories popping up on EBOLA on Mainstream but not enough.... you have to go to other places on the Net (Like those links of mine) to find out up to date info.
edit on CDTTue, 09 Sep 2014 12:07:09 -0500u3012x109x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I think they will probably go into overdrive with the first case that is found rather than imported.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: johndeere2020

Is this a ploy by the Western Media to promote Pharmaceutical Industry at the expense of promoting lifestyles which boost immune system (which includes refraining from use of Pharmaceutical products whenever possible to "workout" the immune system)

The pharmaceutical companies do it to everyone in Europe and the USA as well, not just Africa.

Take some marijuana for joint pain? "no sir, you may not, take the officially recommended, clinically tested, approved by the FDA, patented by the Glackso-Fizzier-Tastier corporation"

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Oannes

Ok Alex Jones you know a virus doesn't have a cell wall right? Or anything close. Fail

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Update, turns out it was a false alarm. The Lady had 'Malaria'.

in.news.yahoo.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join