It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pinning Favourite Threads/Posts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Is there a way to pin our Favorite Threads to the top of our Lists of Threads and Posts? Instead of having to search for a Thread? If you know what I mean.

For example I post on a Thread and engage in Topic for a few days or so but want to come back to it later in the Month or Couple Months but find when I want to, I have to search for it in my long list of Threads/Posts that I've posted on since then. Also, its hard to remember which Thread has my interest most if there are a number of Threads on the same Topic!

At the moment I'm posting on various Ebola Threads and ISIS Threads! Maybe I can make my own Favorites folder here on ATS and pin my own ones at the top??

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
If you'll look up about an inch from your OP you should see a heart icon that says "Favorite" up under it. Click it and see if that doesn't do the trick for you. I've never used it but figured that's what it's for??

Ok... I just tried it. If you "favorite" a thread you can then click on "My ATS" and it will have the forums and threads that you have favorited running down the left hand side of your screen. Is that kind of what you were looking for or did I butt in and not help at all?

edit on 9/6/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
click the 'subscribe' button whilst in a thread then it will appear in your 'my ats' page.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
Ok... I just tried it. If you "favorite" a thread you can then click on "My ATS" and it will have the forums and threads that you have favorited running down the left hand side of your screen. ...

The Favorite button adds the sub-forum to your favorite forums. The subscribe button adds a thread to your My ATS subscription. There is not option to "pin"/bookmark a specific post.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

Gotcha! I favorited this one and it showed up for me. I guess I have this forum set as favorites for that to happen then?? Weird.

I don't recall doing that.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

A few are automatically added to your favorites when you join. Or it's a conspiracy and you added them, and then forgot due to a brainwashing event...

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gemwolf

A few are automatically added to your favorites when you join. Or it's a conspiracy and you added them, and then forgot due to a brainwashing event...

I knew there was something fishy going on when those potato bugs showed up carrying the crumbs of by gone pop tarts and lint just when I clicked to agree on the T&C's....

I guess I'll never learn. I was too far gone before I even started. Story of my life.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Thanks for your contribution but Gemwolf has answered my question. There is no way to pin a thread/post to a favorites folder.

The reason I want this is so that I don't have to go search through the long list of Threads/posts!! I;'m sure you understand.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
use your browsers bookmark feature. You can bookmark the whole thread, or just a single post from the thread. To do just the single post, use the "link" icon that is by the quote and reply icons. Itll put a link to that specific post in your address bar, which you can then copy/paste into the bookmark target url field.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

ok, thanks, i'll try that... see if I can be bothered to do it that way everytime.

ok, i just did it in my bookmarks, its fine that way.
edit on CDTSat, 06 Sep 2014 11:21:31 -05000000003011x131x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

after spending almost a decade on ATS....its the only way I can try to organize the things I want to see. The site is just too voluminous to really be able to track everything that interests me, though.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

It is huge! So many Threads pop up daily.

I've been here 5 years now and made 4982 posts but that is way less than your 20k. lol.

Good day to ya.

new topics

top topics

join