It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US job growth slows to its lowest level this year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Just when I got laid off after 9 long years at Mega Corp and I spotted this on The Guardian. Sure looks bad when you are actually looking.
Got to stop feeding the Wealthy.
LINK to Guardian

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

I don't see why anyone is surprised, really.

Obamacare costing employers more.
Taxes have been raised, so businesses aren't expanding.

This is the new normal.

High unemployment.
A poor economy.
And bigger government to take care of you.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
The economy's terrible. Stores open then close a month later. Most are fast food jobs. Lots of dishwashers wanted postings.

It's all part of the plan. I just sit back and watch it happen. Too lazy to make popcorn.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Meanwhile...

Jobs have increased 10% for illegal immigrants!!!

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
It's bad when young people think I'm rich because I have a few things I actually own. I'm thankful for having a job and work very hard to keep it. I feel like a jerk in certain situations simply because I'm employed. I live paycheck to paycheck and overdraft my accounts sometimes. That's not rich in my book. I really have trouble imagining all five kids under my roof living a happy life after high school.i warn them that it's not going to be easy.but hey I'm sure our next president will fix everything. That always happens right??

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Pity this thread isn't getting more attention.

But when faced with the stark realization of the current administrations policies, what else can be said?

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

But what can government do? It will remain cheaper to import goods than manufacture locally because of the wage disparity between nations which is why west has had to import debt to keep the ball rolling (housing etc). But when the import of debt no longer stimulates the local economies (payment of debt exceeds import of new debt) the situation can cave very quickly.

If 20% of American families don't have a single person working then the real situation is already on par with the great depression. Only difference is the USD and petrodollar which minimizes local inflation by exporting it to rest of world.

Just seems like a long slide to hell with no answer in sight.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

My opinion?

Quit Quanitative Easement. Stop the 85 billion going into the market every month. Stop pouring false monies into the Market.

Reduce taxes. Make a flat tax.

Encourage manufacturing in the US.

Stop with the damned penalty taxes for big business.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: glend

My opinion?

Quit Quanitative Easement. Stop the 85 billion going into the market every month. Stop pouring false monies into the Market.

Reduce taxes. Make a flat tax.

Encourage manufacturing in the US.

Stop with the damned penalty taxes for big business.

Quitting QE would be nice, it's not as simple as signing the order though. QE is literally the only thing that has turned our recession (that is really as bad as the Great Depression) from being a complete and total national bankruptcy that sets the nations finances back 100 years. Without QE we would slide into being a third world country.

Flat tax - I disagree here entirely. Merit, fairness, and other arguments aside the inherent weakness in a flat tax is that it requires a robust tax base. When 50% of the population has less assets combined than the top 400 people and 95% of the wealth is in the hands of 1% the tax base is too small. In order for a flat tax to be effective the wealth gap also has to be tiny so that the effective tax base is broadened. If we want income inequality as a nation, then as a consequence we also automatically reject the notion of a flat tax.

Encouraging manufacturing in the US is easy. Tell corporations they can't sell their product in US markets unless they provide atleast X American jobs for every X million they do in sales. That would end outsourcing overnight.

top topics

join