It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the law the law?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
This is my first rant.. and not even sure it qualifies as a rant but I put it here because I am more than a little up-set.

A man became director of a healthy company and decided to play with the stock-market. I do not know but it would not surprise me if he would receive a certain percentage of the annual profit.

Anyways, he runs the company into the ground with his bright ideas and received a golden handshake of some 3 million euro's when he got the boot.

Simply put, people high up in that company came to the conclusion he didn't deserve this money and brought the situation before a court. When he accepted the job this deal with the money was struck in a contract.

And now it comes...The court ruled in favour of the serpent. Now I ask myself, .. what happened to true justice... and common sense?

I am sure such unfair justice happens all over the world... A clever guy can get away with whatever is signed on paper? I really think such things must change if we want a better world for us all.

p.off..
edit on 5/9/2014 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Why is the law the law?

As my dad used to say:

:Because I said so you little turd!"

Or something like that...

My answer:

Dunno.

Peace

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Contractual agreements are supposed to be understood by both parties. Don't be fooled into thinking the company didn't have benefits in that contract too.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
You signed his contract.
He did not violate the terms of his contract.
Suck it up and pay him.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

Well my friend common sense has been superseded by back hander's.

Seem's abuse of power lately is the norm!

"Every law is illegal"

Bob Marley

edit on 5-9-2014 by RayVon because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-9-2014 by RayVon because: rushing

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
You signed his contract.
He did not violate the terms of his contract.
Suck it up and pay him.

"When he accepted the job this deal with the money was struck in a contract. "

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: zatara

It was the company's fault for not putting in a provision that prohibits a parting bonus, or as you put it a "golden handshake", if there were a certain amount of company losses, or ANY losses, while under the direction of said person. Or something like that. It's called covering your ass. Something that company didn't do.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Laws are made to be broken, that's what i keep telling the court judge's but for some strange reason they don't agree with me. hehe

new topics

top topics

join