It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Dismisses Plea for Biological Disaster Response Teams (EBOLA)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
Why does the title say that the US dismisses and not the world dismisses. Everybody insists that America is not the world's police force but they expect America to jump at every crisis. China has invested loads of money in Africa lately, why are they not being questioned about not helping. This should be a world problem not an American problem.
And why is nobody calling out obama? He runs the country after all.

Great points. Every time there's a crisis, the headline always reads "America . . . .". The rest of the world needs to understand we can't do everything.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusCrime

originally posted by: crazyewok

We saved the world from the Germans and not a penny was repaid to us.

I see your one of those "Merikans" you forget you saved the world in equal conjunction with the UK+commonwealth and Russia right? without one none would have won.

If you want the ebola thing taken care of, call your UK government, or whatever you call them, and tell them to send money over there, you have enough of it, right?

I do think the UK should and it is. But seeing as this affects the USA too then you should be getting involved too! It should be a team effort here!

If the USA has billions to spend on ISIS it can bloody well help in the fight with Ebola that's just as if not more dangerous to AMERICA! Are you really that short sighted?

I don't mind helping, we will help when we see fit. Not when another country tells or asks. Just because you ask for something, you don't get it instantaneously.

I dont think you "get it" do you?

Were are talking a enemy that needs to be stopped NOW, not tomorrow or next week but NOW.

The longer we (the west) wait the more expensive and more difficult and dangerous the situation becomes dont you get it?
a few billion spent now is better than 10's or 100's of billions down the line with perhaps hundreds of AMERICANS dead.

Stop with the block headed rar rar USA pride and join the real world here. Ebola is the USA problem, it is Europe s problem and it needs action NOW.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Let Europe and the ME pay for it. Let China pay for it.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

a reply to: soficrow

What gets me about this is the fact they everyone talks bad about the U.S. but when we don't want to intervene, we're the bad guys. NEWS FLASH . . . WE HAVE NO MONEY!!!!

If you people feel so obligated to help, pull your check book out, or whatever else you use, and donate to the cause you see fit. Otherwise, stop asking us for money.

It is going to cost a hell of a lot more later.

However this is not a USA problem this is going to be a global problem so everyone should share the cost now rather than later.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Great points. Every time there's a crisis, the headline always reads "America . . . .". The rest of the world needs to understand we can't do everything.

Because this affects AMERICA!
And it affects Europe and China and Japan And Australia et al

You so keen to going bomb crazy in the ME on ISIS but not take action on Ebola that have the potential the harm the USA ?
Is it cause you cant bomb a virus so its not cool? derp

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I see your one of those "Merikans" you forget you saved the world in equal conjunction with the UK+commonwealth and Russia right? without one none would have won.

If you want the ebola thing taken care of, call your UK government, or whatever you call them, and tell them to send money over there, you have enough of it, right?

I do think the UK should and it is. But seeing as this affects the USA too then you should be getting involved too! It should be a team effort here!

If the USA has billions to spend on ISIS it can bloody well help in the fight with Ebola that's just as if not more dangerous to AMERICA! Are you really that short sighted?

I don't mind helping, we will help when we see fit. Not when another country tells or asks. Just because you ask for something, you don't get it instantaneously.

Were are talking a enemy that needs to be stopped NOW, not tomorrow or next week but NOW.

The longer we (the west) wait the more expensive and more difficult and dangerous the situation becomes dont you get it?
a few billion spent now is better than 10's or 100's of billions down the line with perhaps hundreds of AMERICANS dead.

Stop with the block headed rar rar USA pride and join the real world here. Ebola is the USA problem, it is Europe s problem and it needs action NOW.

You must be an angry person to throw names out and call people block heads because they don't agree with you. I do have US Pride, I'm and American and we all have pride. Every conversation I've had with you turns into you calling names and downing either America, or Americans. Truth!

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted
Let Europe and the ME pay for it. Let China pay for it.

Another short sighted American.

Lets ignore the problem until its hear killing hundreds of Americans and costing the US fragile economy billions

Really really smart
edit on 4-9-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Because this affects AMERICA!
And it affects Europe and China and Japan And Australia et al

You so keen to going bomb crazy in the ME on ISIS but not take action on Ebola that have the potential the harm the USA ?
Is it cause you cant bomb a virus so its not cool? derp

Well, you could in reality bomb a virus, but I wouldn't recommend that. What I would recommend is you get out your checkbook, write a check to the ebola donation place of your choice, take a picture of it, and post it on here as proof that you care so much about this that you'll pay your own money before asking us to. How's that?

link   
what would more people accomplish besides wasting medical resources and manpower? not to be heartless but even if more were treated they will still die, research will not go any faster and it wont slow the spread at all.

you can't save everyone and acting in a panic won't help anything.

link   
a reply to: crazyewok

If you were an American you'd understand how sick we are of being the "go to" country. We're broke and we're tired.

It's time for other countries to stick their necks out there and give.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

You must be an angry person to throw names out and call people block heads because they don't agree with you. I do have US Pride, I'm and American and we all have pride. Every conversation I've had with you turns into you calling names and downing either America, or Americans. Truth!

Dam well im angry! Angry at the short sightedness at not just the USA but Europe too!

This is beyond USA bashing or national pride here.

It people with attitudes like you that will get people killed!

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

If you were an American you'd understand how sick we are of being the "go to" country. We're broke and we're tired.

If I was a American Id want a threat to my nation dealt with and not want it here killing my own people.

Kinda how I feel about the UK I want the UK acting too for national security and stopping a threat to the UK people.

We should all be acting.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Sorry but IF some outbreak happened in the USA then Martial law and quarantine is one of the best way to halt its spread.

Running around all MERIKA! Rioting , looting, protesting and waving your gunz about ect will just make any pathogen spread quicker.

You get a tourist industry from Europe. People buy Levi jeans, american cars, pop music, manufactured products, computers, software. The USA gets billions from trade with Europe.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Sorry but IF some outbreak happened in the USA then Martial law and quarantine is one of the best way to halt its spread.

Running around all MERIKA! Rioting , looting, protesting and waving your gunz about ect will just make any pathogen spread quicker.

You get a tourist industry from Europe. People buy Levi jeans, american cars, pop music, manufactured products, computers, software. The USA gets billions from trade with Europe.

What does that have to do with anything? We buy billions back from you, probably wayyyy more. So, you're justifying this as saying, well, we buy your stuff so now you have to give us money when we want it. Right.
edit on 9/4/2014 by OptimusCrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
America is the most giving country on the planet. We are burning out. Listen and hear. Start helping yourselves. We can't do it all.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

If I was a American Id want a threat to my nation dealt with and not want it here killing my own people.

Kinda how I feel about the UK I want the UK acting too for national security and stopping a threat to the UK people.

We should all be acting.

Well, you're not American, so that solves that now doesn't it.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Can you please explain how that is conversation worthy of this topic?

Easy.

ITS THE FREAKY OP!

Ebola is a threat to the USA and the USA wont take action to help

So correct me if Im wrong thats what we are discussing.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Restricted

*sighs* i wish those like yourself would stop whining like children, geez what is that crap. when you have the power it becomes your responsibility to be the "go to guy" so to speak. to ignore plights of others will only curse our future when we might need help ourselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join