It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking... Woman Beheaded in London

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Thing is we do not know yet.
BUT it has been all over the news and god knows what goes on in a mentally ill persons head, he may have been on ATS to much or watched the video and got a crazy idea which appears normal to him.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Or is it just coincidence that a crazed lunatic cut someones head off in Britain, the ISIS decapitator is British, ISIS recently released a beheading in which they named the next victim will be a British journalist.

Too many coincidences, if not an ISIS member than a nutjob that a British ISIS sleeper instigated.

Crikey! That's a pretty low level Journalist if they're living in Edmonton, that takes scraping the barrel to a whole new level. However, given Foley's rather limited, so-called journalistic credentials...perhaps to be a 'journalist' these days you simply have to write a letter into the local rag.

Despite there being many assertions that Edmonton is a mostly Muslim area, it also has a largely non-Muslim student population. Perhaps we are looking at a deranged history student emulating the Tudors.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

It was an 82 year old woman, her husband had died 5 years ago. The guy that did it sounded crazy, shouting about cats and also attacked a cat. The perpetrator was described on news reports as a 25 year old male and by witnesses as '''high', chubby and black''.
edit on 4-9-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: RayVon

Interesting quote, where is it from if you don't mind?

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I try to reserve comment on cases like this until at least some of the 'facts' have been disclosed but.....

Tommy Robinson is alleging that 'locals said the man converted to Islam last year'.
Now that may indeed be true, but at present it seems that this was a spontaneous act by a mentally unstable individual.
I suspect that if he is a Muslim then its pure coincidence.

No-one could ever accuse me of pandering to Muslim moderates but I really feel they may be getting a bit of a raw deal here.

It maybe that I'm wrong and he deliberately set out to behead someone in a show of support for ISIS etc or something similar.....but there's nothing to suggest such at present.

Oh, and my personal initial thoughts were that this could have been a honour killing - seems I was well wide of the mark.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Part of the issue is QSIS etc making it appear 'okay' for such atrocities (it isn't) in the name of whichever 'cause', it affects the psychology of people in various ways.

To the normal, civilized being that adheres to Western culture it is abhorrent and rightly so.

To those of other cultures where such acts are part of their 'laws' to their minds it could be seen as part of their 'culture' back where they originated from.

To the unhinged or those affected by drugs the psychological implications could be that of setting off psychotic episodes.

To the malicious, psychopathic or those of violent tendencies, it could in their minds be seen as an excuse for violence.

The government needs to do more for assessing and locking away such crazy people. Close the doors to immigration also. There are too many crazy people in the UK already, those claiming asylum aren't checked for stability and they don't appear holding mental health statements. They are an unknown quantity and the stats are showing that immigrants or the offspring of from certain cultures are more inclined to terrorism than those of the established Western culture.

Locals said the perpetrator converted to Islam last year.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

One line of inquiry for detectives is now understood to be whether the man had been inspired by recent footage of the Isil beheadings of two US journalists in Syria.
Locals last night claimed the arrested man had converted to Islam last year.

edit on 4-9-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Oh, good lord. Here we go.

Although the conspiracy angle is exciting stuff, perhaps we should try - just this once - to evaluate this grim story on it's facts alone.

Anyone up for that?

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
I try to reserve comment on cases like this until at least some of the 'facts' have been disclosed but.....

Tommy Robinson is alleging that 'locals said the man converted to Islam last year'.

That seals it right there. Isis sleeper cell member whispering in the lunatic new recruits ear.

A 24 year old lunatic would not have the capacity to convert or join any group, unless they were courted.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth

Part of the issue is QSIS etc making it appear 'okay' for such atrocities in the name of whichever 'cause', it affects the psychology of people in various ways.

To the normal, civilized being that adheres to Western culture it is abhorrent and rightly so.

To those of other cultures where such acts are part of their 'laws' to their minds it could be seen as part of their 'culture' back where they originated from.

To the unhinged or those affected by drugs the psychological implications could be that of setting off psychotic episodes.

To the malicious, psychopathic or those of violent tendencies, it could in their minds be seen as an excuse for violence.

The government needs to do more for assessing and locking away such crazy people. Close the doors to immigration also.

I understand where you are coming from but I don't see the connection as anything other than co-incidental. Your penultimate sentence sums it up, to stop crimes like this we need to address the failure of 'care in the community' because at least 7 times out of 10, the community doesn't care...until something like this happens. Race, creed and religion only cloud that issue and serve to manufacture consent for military interventionism in a problem that everytime we get involved in it, only gets worse.

Closing the doors to immigration is simply not going to happen and I think the greater problem, of disillusioned British Muslims leaving the country to fight for Jihadists, is a far greater issue, but then our dissillusioned youth is a problem in general.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: KilgoreTrout
to stop crimes like this we need to address the failure of 'care in the community' because at least 7 times out of 10, the community doesn't care... .

Radical Muslims care, they search out people like this then attend to their needs till their services are required.
edit on 4-9-2014 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: KilgoreTrout

I have worked in front line housing of immigrants.

I know the system and how they are culturally affected.

The government needs to do more for assessing and locking away such crazy people.

Close the doors to immigration also.

There are too many crazy people in the UK already, those claiming asylum aren't checked for stability and they don't appear holding mental health statements. They are an unknown quantity and the stats are showing that immigrants or the offspring of from certain cultures are more inclined to terrorism than those of the established Western culture.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I agree with You And I'm pretty sure the 1st beheading clips to be shown online were the Chechen Muslims during the 1st war there and that was some time ago

It's sickening that someone in society can do this,that poor woman

This is a Muslim way,or Brazilian drug cartel way! I'm pretty sure they can be ruled out

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Radical Muslims care, they search out people like this then attend to their needs till their services are required.

Same could be said of any sectarian group...actually the same could be said of national militaries. What's good for the goose, after all. That's why I said that disillusionment in general is the problem, works on all levels. I simply do not see this as being a case of Islamic Radicalism in particular, or even accounting for that, it being the primary mover. Apart from anything else, I'm just not that easily scared by 'difference' and know, in this country, that for every radical there are at least 100 moderates.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
ALL BEHEADING IN BLIGHTY SHOULD BE DONE AT THE TOWER AND THE TOWER ONLY! THIS IS ENGLAND BY GEORGE!!!
edit on 4-9-2014 by HUMBLEONE because: BLOODY SAVAGES!!

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I think it is like a copycat murder...the guy must have seen everything in the news recently and decided to do it.
I don't think he has been radicalized or been told to do this by anyone.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
There are too many crazy people in the UK already, those claiming asylum aren't checked for stability and they don't appear holding mental health statements. They are an unknown quantity and the stats are showing that immigrants or the offspring of from certain cultures are more inclined to terrorism than those of the established Western culture.

Again, closing the doors to immigration is just not going to happen, pointless pretending otherwise, it is not on the real political agenda and is unviable economically. Asylum is an entirely different set of procedure and circumstances, could be stopped, however, I for one, will always support it being in place.

That said, I agree with you entirely, there is not enough support for those who seek asylum, some of whom have experienced incredible atrocities. Much more could be done to ensure that they are effectively integrated and linked to support groups. That inclination that you describe is in line with what TinfoilTP said, there are groups that will exploit vulnerable people for their own purposes, not by any means just for terrorism, for sex, for labour, money...you name it. By accepting those people as asylum seekers, just as with any person identified as vulnerable, there should be a duty to protect them from exploitation of all kinds.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: KingIcarus

Oh, good lord. Here we go.

Although the conspiracy angle is exciting stuff, perhaps we should try - just this once - to evaluate this grim story on it's facts alone.

Anyone up for that?

Seconded. We're seeing a lot of speculation here. Let's just stick to the facts.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: KilgoreTrout

Same could be said of any sectarian group...actually the same could be said of national militaries. What's good for the goose, after all. That's why I said that disillusionment in general is the problem, works on all levels. I simply do not see this as being a case of Islamic Radicalism in particular, or even accounting for that, it being the primary mover. Apart from anything else, I'm just not that easily scared by 'difference' and know, in this country, that for every radical there are at least 100 moderates.

That made me laugh.
National militaries have health standards, especially in Britain where this pertains. Physical and mental health tests are given so they are not searching for they are screening against this type of recruit.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Thing is we do not know yet.
BUT it has been all over the news and god knows what goes on in a mentally ill persons head, he may have been on ATS to much or watched the video and got a crazy idea which appears normal to him.

About 6 to 8 years ago I remember watching some just rotten vids at work with the lads and in one video a soldier (Russian) who was standing up was stabbed right in the back of the neck by the terrorists

Not that long after a lunatic over here stabbed some stranger right in the back of the neck killing them,I can remember reading about it and thinking he could have copied that video

I'm not sure the police do enough to protect people,I once saw some random clip on YouTube made by this lunatic who was certain his neighbour in the flats he lived in was a demon-I checked his YouTube site out and it had loads of vids of him saying she was evil and film clips secretly taken of her walking about and on the tube

I emailed the correct police department with his details and links and they replied back saying he wasn't breaking the law

But yes mate,there are some sick people out there who may see horrific videos and act them out

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
I think it is like a copycat murder...the guy must have seen everything in the news recently and decided to do it.
I don't think he has been radicalized or been told to do this by anyone.

I am not inclined to come to any conclusion until there are more details, however, if it is a copycat in the sense that you describe then the radical element has to be brought into the equation, just as it was with Lee Rigby. It is one or the other, completely random coincidence or an act of emulation, in which case, if the latter, then it is linked to radicalism, even if the radicalism only provided inspiration in the murderers mind. One way or another, I am guessing that he isn't in any fit state to be considered legally culpable, if there is a conviction to be had, in that instance, then it will be of those who whispered the right sweet nothings in his ear to send him away on his trolley.

If this is whipped into a storm of frenzied war mongering, then I would hazard that it wasn't radical Muslims but much more likely our own lads in Vauxhall.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join