It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking... Woman Beheaded in London

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Ah yes, because beheading's are commonplace in suburban London as a result of marital or neighbourly disputes...

It takes some effort to lop off a head, one has to really want to do it and not in a spur of the moment fit of violence.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: seabhac-rua
a reply to: stumason

Well, you'll find people right here on this thread who for some reason think that kind of thing would never happen.

I've posted this on here before, there seems to be people in the UK who take the whole 'beheading' thing as not that much of a big deal?

I've posted this on here before, there seems to be people in the UK who take the whole 'beheading' thing as not that much of a big deal?

And there are also those of us completely caught up in phoney hysteria and trying to spread it around

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

Answer the question if you please: was the Woolwich killing an act of terrorism? If yes/no, tell me why?

I'm not frightened, I'm concerned.

I'm concerned that there may be radicalised Muslims living in close proximity to my children.

I'm concerned that innocent people will be targeted by these people.

Why you're not concerned, baffles me.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Hysteria? Hardly...

Mild, but largely indifferent, concern really. At least that's my current emotional state.

While I am not saying the Sky is falling and we should all run for the hills, it is worth being aware of the genuine level of militant Islam here on our shores. Forget those who went abroad, there are plenty here who like the idea but lack the balls to follow through in a real war, but might actually like the soft easy targets here at home which will also grab the headlines and make them Jihadi superstars.

After all, at the end of the day, all kids want to be "cool" and to impress their peers. Young, militant Islamists are exactly the same.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

"phoney hysteria"

You seem be living in a world of extremes.

In your view people either are being hysterical, or, like you, couldn't give a damn.

I'm on neither end of the spectrum.

(post by RayVon removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: RayVon

After all, at the end of the day, all kids want to be "cool" and to impress their peers. Young, militant Islamists are exactly the same.

idiot..

Grow up.

I was actually making a valid point. Young lads fall into the wrong crowd - in my example, young Muslims - get led astray and start following the extremist brand. Some go abroad to seek Jihad, others do not for whatever reason, usually fear. But I wouldn't put it past some of them to fancy their chances here at home because it will elevate them in their little, extremist circles and it seems beheadings are the "in thing" at the moment.

Perhaps, in future, you would care to debate in an adult manner?

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: seabhac-rua

Answer the question if you please: was the Woolwich killing an act of terrorism? If yes/no, tell me why?

What is your obsession with that? This incident isn't Woolwich.

I'm concerned that there may be radicalised Muslims living in close proximity to my children.

Paranoid or what? There are many Muslims and most don't resort to violence, you don't even know this incident involved Muslims. Even if it did, it sounds like a domestic.

I'm concerned that innocent people will be targeted by these people. Why you're not concerned, baffles me.

I'm not concerned because there are many dangers in this world, it's part of living, terrorism is a minor danger with little chance of happening near you.

Btw, when you say "these people", that's almost racist in tone.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I fear we will see a few more of these until the 'newness' wears off.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Ah yes, because beheading's are commonplace in suburban London as a result of marital or neighbourly disputes...

It takes some effort to lop off a head, one has to really want to do it and not in a spur of the moment fit of violence.

Was just about to post same.

If you were to win 500 Million Pounds on correctly guessing the religious background of the killer, what would you guess??

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

You keep feeding yourself that.

p.s I see ATS following suit with the whole non freedom of speech thing.
HE'S a big boy he can take it.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

originally posted by: stumason
a reply to: roadgravel

>groan<

Predictable, if tiring, response from the pro-Gun US lobby. This has nothing to do with guns, leave it out.

Why, others push the gun free agenda ever chance they get. Killing happens, one way or another. Maybe UK should turn in all knives.

I will not, how do I cut up my steaks?

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

No, most don't resort to violence. Most are perfectly fine people, but there does seem to be a sizeable minority who have polar opposite views to our own. From the sexual exploitation of children, to child marriage even, to FGM, right the way through to the extreme end of the scale including Jihad and murder, there are plenty in the UK who fit the bill and even more who sympathise behind closed doors for them.

Sticking your head in the sand and shouting "racist" doesn't help - in fact, it makes the problem worse.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Don't try to play the racist card on me.

I guess I should expect that sort of cheap shot tactic from you.

You know exactly what I meant when I said "these people".

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: RayVon

Indeed I can take it - wasn't me who removed it or complained - It still seems you're still unable to hold a rational, adult debate on the subject though.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join