I was told there is a mod on here who loves food related topics, drumsRfun.
I thought my first official thread would be sharing my favorite meal and how to make it.
-Onion soup powder
((You can put in whatever spices you think would work best, those are just the ones I use))
1. Cook your hamburger & drain off the fat. ((Pork and chicken also work)) Once the fat is drained, add in spices so that they cook in with the
2. Partly cook your pierogies (pan fry or boil, whichever you prefer)
3. Using a casserole dish, layer the hamburger & pierogies into the dish.
4. Mix the onion soup powder into the mushroom soup and add over top the pierogies. Make sure your food is covered in sauce (don't worry, it cooks
down into a nice thick sauce)
5. Cover & bake at around 350F-450F (depending on your oven)
6. As it cooks down, periodically check on it & stir things around to see how if has reduced enough. ((I can't say for sure how long it takes because
my oven sucks & it also depends on how big of a serving you are making))
7. Once the liquid has reduced down to a thick sauce, take the lid (or tinfoil) off and turn the oven to broil for a couple minutes. Once everything
has crisped up a tad, you are now ready to dig in.
My fiance is usually the one who cooks this meal so there might be some spices I'm missing out on. I made a small serving a couple nights ago for
myself while he's off working and man oh man was it tasty
If you do try this out, let me know how it goes.
edit on 9 3 2014 by Sabiduria because: found out Mods name