It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My favorite meal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I was told there is a mod on here who loves food related topics, drumsRfun.

I thought my first official thread would be sharing my favorite meal and how to make it.

Ingredients:
-Mushroom soup
-Onions
-Hamburger
-Pierogies
-Garlic salt
-Parsley
-Onion soup powder

((You can put in whatever spices you think would work best, those are just the ones I use))

Steps:

1. Cook your hamburger & drain off the fat. ((Pork and chicken also work)) Once the fat is drained, add in spices so that they cook in with the meat.

2. Partly cook your pierogies (pan fry or boil, whichever you prefer)

3. Using a casserole dish, layer the hamburger & pierogies into the dish.

4. Mix the onion soup powder into the mushroom soup and add over top the pierogies. Make sure your food is covered in sauce (don't worry, it cooks down into a nice thick sauce)

5. Cover & bake at around 350F-450F (depending on your oven)

6. As it cooks down, periodically check on it & stir things around to see how if has reduced enough. ((I can't say for sure how long it takes because my oven sucks & it also depends on how big of a serving you are making))

7. Once the liquid has reduced down to a thick sauce, take the lid (or tinfoil) off and turn the oven to broil for a couple minutes. Once everything has crisped up a tad, you are now ready to dig in.

~~~~~~~~
My fiance is usually the one who cooks this meal so there might be some spices I'm missing out on. I made a small serving a couple nights ago for myself while he's off working and man oh man was it tasty

If you do try this out, let me know how it goes.
edit on 9 3 2014 by Sabiduria because: found out Mods name

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Sounds delicious and more appetizing than tonight's tacos.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Fargoth

I think it is pretty tasty

My fiances biological father used to say that it is "poor man's food" & wouldn't allow for it to be made, along with many other meals. It's a real shame because it tastes so good. ((mmm I'm getting hungry just thinking about it
))

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabiduria

Funny I used to get that same guff from my fiances father too! He was to good for my cooking till he went broke and lived in MY house. He learned to love cheap beer, venison and hobo stew real quick.
Im gonna make your recipe tomorrow night.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Holy poo?
Me being a foodie has got the rounds?

It is true.
This is my favorite forum.
Still trying to get you peeps to overnight fed ex me a meal but i won't complain.
Keep it up...I want your recipes.

Also,welcome to ats.
edit on 3-9-2014 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Sounds easy peesy and delicious! I'm going to have to try this one out as it has all the ingredients I normally use cooking anyways.

Thanks for posting this.

(Chances are I'll use Bison or ground Venison instead of hamburger though)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fargoth
Sounds delicious and more appetizing than tonight's tacos.

You had tacos too? We had taco salads, got some of those bowls to make the taco salad bowls for a buck after rebate at Menards.

The dish sounds pretty good OP. I like the potato and cheese perogies best. What type do you use.
edit on 3-9-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

LOL I was thinking taco salad myself but my good lady friend aka sister in law brought us tortillas and tequila.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun

Holy poo?
Me being a foodie has got the rounds?

It is true.
This is my favorite forum.
Still trying to get you peeps to overnight fed ex me a meal but i won't complain.
Keep it up...I want your recipes.

Also,welcome to ats.

My friend Kira told me about you when I was joining. I asked her what a good first thread would be & she said to do something food for you.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

Sounds easy peesy and delicious! I'm going to have to try this one out as it has all the ingredients I normally use cooking anyways.

Thanks for posting this.

(Chances are I'll use Bison or ground Venison instead of hamburger though)

Both of those would be a good choice.

If my Dad gets lucky this hunting season, I'll ask him to bring me some Elk for xmas.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

My favorites it the one with cheese & bacon.

One of these days I'm going to make my own pierogi. Once I'm good at it, I'll make them for this dish.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   

You better have a lot of counter space making your own Pierogies. I've found just making them alone trashes the kitchen as much as cooking a Thanksgiving meal. They're not hard to make, but it does make a mess.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
This actually sounds yummy...

Never in a million years would I have thought to combine perogies with mushroom soup ! But mushroom soup does make a delish gravy. I'm going to try this with chopped up crispy bacon in the hamburger and then sprinkle some cheese on top when it's time to broil.

I love "poor man's casseroles", tons of leftovers for hubby to stuff his face with for a couple of days.

Nummies !

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Thanks for the heads up. I do not have tons of counter space, guess I'll have to hold off until I move.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

It's a great recipe where you can keep it simple like the one I posted or spice it up with bacon & cheese like you were thinking of doing.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Something with basil pesto - always something with basil pesto!

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Jack832c
Pesto...I've made that from scratch before. I'll go through my collection of recipes & see what I have for pesto recipes

new topics

top topics

join