It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ramones have left the building.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I find it sad and really odd that the entire original Ramones are now all dead.
I wonder is the Ramones the only modern rock and roll band/punk that all it's members have passed?

They where one of my favorite punk bands and i feel the best punk band of all time imho.

The Ramones were an American punk rock band that formed in the New York City neighborhood of Forest Hills, Queens, in 1974. Despite achieving only limited commercial success, the band was a major influence on the punk rock movement in both the United States and United Kingdom.

R.I.P
Joey Ramone (1951–2001)
Dee Dee Ramone (1952–2002)
Johnny Ramone (1948–2004)
Tommy Ramone (1949–2014)

edit on 9/3/14 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
A Canadian band called Chaos Drunk Punx is true blue but I think all or most died in a van accident? They seem to be obscure. I would bet good money that I'm the only one with a CDP patch (homemade but pretty good).

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: proob4

Fantastic music but man were they homely...

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

Fantastic music but man were they homely...

LOL yeah, but I bet they got more women than most of us would in our lifetimes.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
A Canadian band called Chaos Drunk Punx is true blue but I think all or most died in a van accident? They seem to be obscure. I would bet good money that I'm the only one with a CDP patch (homemade but pretty good).

I never heard of them?

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

you are right on...(as a tear streaks down my cheek)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

you are right on...(as a tear streaks down my cheek)

Yea I been bummed out ever since Joey passed.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this, i didn't know.
I was not a very great fan (i was a punk however) but my mate Frank (RIP) had all their cd's and i liked the sound when i was at his place, which was often, i had the apartment above his. Frank had Hendrix, Zappa, Floyd. like i said a cool guy.
Did they do 'pet cemetary'? I'm sure it was. cool.

I recently went to see the last 2 active members of my favourite band, the Stranglers, with some fill-ins, including the new front man (forgot his name) but he was good at the rough older numbers they used to play in pubs, IMHO way better than the first guy after Hugh left, i loved it, but it's never the same, is it?
Thanks for posting anyway, and reminding me of my age, i will add the Ramones to my collection of oldies
;D
PWM

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: playswithmachines
Thanks for the info and your comment. I think pet cemetery was the misfits?
R.I.P Ramones.

edit on 9/3/14 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

That is too bad. ...and all of them so damned young. Though all of 'em were older than me. Grew up listening to punk.

The Ramones, the Clash, so many others. Every day it seems, more and more of my childhood passes on from this world.

Got some music to listen to...

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
i saw them live at lallpalooza ...was a good experience.... they will be missed

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: seagullI hear ya, I feel so damn old nowadays.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock
Consider yourself lucky. I am envious of you.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

Lucky guy/gal... I'm envious.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Regret never seeing any of the Ramones. But in July I finally got to see Cress on their first US tour. Amazing and music that fits with ATS's deny ignorance credo. Cetascean from Winnipeg's great too, their split with Imperial Decline is real good.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: YeahkeepwatchingmeThanks for your input and reply.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: playswithmachines
Thanks for posting this, i didn't know.
I was not a very great fan (i was a punk however) but my mate Frank (RIP) had all their cd's and i liked the sound when i was at his place, which was often, i had the apartment above his. Frank had Hendrix, Zappa, Floyd. like i said a cool guy.
Did they do 'pet cemetary'? I'm sure it was. cool.

I recently went to see the last 2 active members of my favourite band, the Stranglers, with some fill-ins, including the new front man (forgot his name) but he was good at the rough older numbers they used to play in pubs, IMHO way better than the first guy after Hugh left, i loved it, but it's never the same, is it?
Thanks for posting anyway, and reminding me of my age, i will add the Ramones to my collection of oldies
;D
PWM

The Stranglers last album was shockingly bad, the albums with Paul Roberts weren't bad at all but they suffered a lot when Cornwell left. Great band generally though

Far as OP, yeah it's strange that all the original members are gone but The Ramones are still a very influential act.
edit on 3-9-2014 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ZcustosmorumThanks for your input.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Couple days ago I wanna be sedated came on the radio, man it's been a long time. How did I forget? Did I? I don't know. I loved the Ramones. Brought back some serious memories, I cranked it up, the wife was looking at me like WTF. I told her this is what I was into back in the day, she knew of the Ramones but wasn't a fan I guess.

I guess I have reached that point in life where I have an appreciation for the "good old days". Time to buy a vet. And crank some Ramones, Suicidal tendencies, the cure, the dead Kennedy's, butthole surfers, black flag, dead milkmen, he'll, I might even get out some wasp. Lol

Thanks dude for getting my mind back

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage
Gaba, Gaba hey!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join