It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to kill an American (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 06:50 AM
link   
�The Uniquely Invented Chemical Weapon That Terrified Americans� was posted on a popular Jihadist message board earlier this month. The message provided a 12-page booklet titled 'This is the chemical weapon that America dreaded would reach the Tawhid Wal Jihad Jamaa [Group]'.

The booklet is literally a step-by-step instructional guide filled with color photos and vivid diagrams on how to create a variety of chemical weapons. The book has been praised by members of the jihadist website.

siteinstitute.org
The highly detailed booklet is organized into several sections: an introduction; an overview of the weapon�s effects; potential targets and targeting considerations; warnings about potential hazards of use; required substances; utensils used in preparation; instructions for preparation; and a detailed description of a possible detonator.

The introduction explains that �Fatal Poisons are among the most lethal and terrifying weapons, and the least costly. If it were not for the difficulty in ensuring delivery of sufficient quantities of this lethal substance, and in protecting the safety of its manufacturer, carrier and user, it would be the most favorite tool� of the mujahideen. The booklet offers the specified chemical weapon, described as �the result of months and years of experiments in equipping and preparing [it],� as a solution �to fill the gap� in the current mujahideen arsenal.

The booklet next addresses targeting. It suggests numerous targets, most of them soft targets such as cinemas, theaters, shopping malls, alcoholic bars and restaurants, dancing clubs, investment businesses, places of worship, schools, hospitals, and government buildings (although among government buildings, it also urges readers to attack �especially security buildings�). This section of the booklet also advises on targeting techniques, noting that the weapon can be used either in open or closed spaces, and most effectively in the latter through the use of HVAC infrastructure: �The fastest way to have the gas spread in closed spaces is to use the ventilation and central air conditioning locations in buildings - if available - by using a certain amount of cartridges inside them.�

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It's neither oil nor religion that is propagating this war. It is the media. Information technology. The ability to move an idea from one part of the world to the next at the speed of thought. Fighting a War on Terrorism is about as efficient as fighting a War on Racism.

It's an ideology. When's the last time you've seen a way of life completely suppressed?

[edit on 12/6/2004 by Simulacra]

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 07:18 AM
link   
UPDATE: I've found the site which holds the 12-page booklet.

www.alqassam.info...

The site is in arabic so I'm still working on the translation. If anyone can help me locate this booklet shoot me a U2U.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
It shouldn't be particularly difficult to create some basic chemical weapons. Not stuff like VX and the like, but certainly blister agents like mustard gas and others. Rationally, even carbon monoxide will kill a group of people. Not effective for guys in a trench or fox hole, but should work for smothering entire buildings worth of people.

Anyway, the point should be well taken, small unsophisticated groups can produce these things and use them in the field or in cities, and there is, literally, no systematic military way to deal with it. The military option has to be pursued anyway, its just not useful for this particular type of threat. This sort of thing requires 'cell to cell' and infiltration type tactics along with removing the workable causes of the problems. Honestly, it shouldn't be so terribly difficult to convince the vast majority of potential attackers that they're better off living their lives in privacy and peace.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
The war in Iraq is only about oil and nothing else as far as Dubya is concerned. There is a war on terrorsim they tell me, but I thought they abandoned it for the oil war in iraq. Who knows these days.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Just noticed at the bottom of this article:

Members of our Intel Subscription Service recieve the full translation of this booklet.

Although on the site there is no link stating how to become a member of the Intel Subscription service. Any help would be appreciated.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 04:13 AM
link   
This smells like disinformation. How do you create a weapon to kill an American? Who do they consider American and how are they any different from any country?

More fear mongering.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
Just noticed at the bottom of this article:

Members of our Intel Subscription Service recieve the full translation of this booklet.

Although on the site there is no link stating how to become a member of the Intel Subscription service. Any help would be appreciated.

Maybe you have to sell a certain number of pirated DVDs...

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by quango
Maybe you have to sell a certain number of pirated DVDs...

A little cross-thread humor. That's a first. But I like it.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Notme...

Excellent job on finding a free Arabic translator...I've been looking for one for ages since the last one I used went bye-bye....

Thanks!

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   
No problem, just happened to come across it. Thought it could be useful nowadays.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
UPDATE:
The rumor is the manual was circulated on a 'Bit Torrent' site that was recently closed down. It seems as if the government doesnt want this info to get out. I applaud them for their efforts.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Sim,I am a member to a site that provides all sorts of info on 'Home Made' weapons,bombs and all the rest.It's most lickly that such information easily available on the net could have ended up on their laps.
Let's face it,it's not as if these guys up in the mountains have the labs or the knowhow of creating such weapons..the site I'm talking about is a british one....but there are countless numbers of these types of site,which some don't even ask any info about who you are or where you're coming from..others just publish info to read,without any membership needed...

With that being said ;they ,the mujahadeen were trained by the CIA..to fight the Russians..etc..distablizing the whole region..and giving rise to the Taliban..it's all in the history books..

Now most sophisticated Chemical weapons,created by both the U.S. & the U.S.S.R. during the cold war are'Now' available on the Black Market...;( Now that's a nightmare...and believe you me these chemicals are Sold...through Mafia Org. that's another forum I have a membership with...
On this particular site your need first to get a seperate domain address to join..so no connections can be made directly..to whoever posts any sensitive posts..or atleast that's the idea..some of these chemicals can distinguish even Race through DNA...example they could release such weapons and only effect a particular race..genetic strand...
Scary..isn't it..??..but this is not new,actually it's Old tech..I would'nt dare think of what they're capable of Now....

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I am also a part of a site which does the same thing. All you have to do is search google for a few minutes and their is tons of information out their anyone can use...

top topics

join