It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas pastor demands public library ‘purge’ vampire books: I think it’s dangerous for kids

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I was responding to the 'sexual element'. Kudos to the PP with all the vampire verses! I didn't even know those were in there, you learn something new every day!
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
While this guy's campaign is misguided and a bit dumb...it never fails to amaze me the hypocrisy on ATS. If I start a thread saying that we should burn the Koran, round up all the Muslims, etc. because of terrorists...I would be attacked. But it is just fine to point at Christians and the Bible over some ass-hat with a lack-of-a-hard-on for Vampires.

There is a very small percentage of Christians who would support or back this. But feel free to keep talking about how horrible their religion and "book of rules" is. I'm sure that will change their mind about God and their religion.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Big ups to the pastor, I actually think he was on to something else. He's aware that the world doesn't need anymore lame ass vampire fiction.

On a serious note, Dracula is a truly fantastic book and so are a few other older vampire fictions (Vampire Diaries & Twilight need to be abolished) and true that they do use a lot of sexual innuendo, Dracula is full of it, but to actually want it banned is ridiculous, censoring something makes it all that more attractive.

new topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join