It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second-hand e-cig smoke compared to regular cigarette smoke

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Please Note!!!!!

The bickering and name-calling end now!!!!!!

Community Announcement re: Decorum
You are responsible for your own posts.

Please respect opposing POVs!!!!!

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoledgeispower
it is still NOT good for you, period!!!!!!!!!!!

the same can be said for the air around us....should we all stop breathing?

To me there are 0 good health effects to the ecig. You want good health effects, stop using ecigs. Maybe if the only option to help you quit smoking was the ecigs then I could tolerate it. However, it is not & because you are still subjecting yourself to toxins & metals (even if it is less than cigs) is still BAD.

and who are you to tolerate or not tolerate? last i checked, you weren't the supreme dictator for life, of the entire world.....so it seems to me, that you really have no say in the matter.

Think of all the lives that can be saved if there were no ecigs...oh wait ecigs is a new thing so there were lives that could have been saved that are now being subjected to toxins & metals that they otherwise wouldn't have if there were still no ecigs. Are you that arrogant that you can't see that?

hyperbole.

Once again no one has provided any evidence that counters my claim. I'm always told on ATS that if you are going to argue against something, you must provide proof & NO BODY has done so. Ergo I still stand by my claim.

your claim is not only bogus, but only an opinion. how do we counter a crap opinion in a more civilized way than saying "you're a doody head"?

"To sum it up: Pick your poison, they are both bad for you & people around you."

again, it's a matter of opinion....if you had a serious, legit study, that showed conclusive proof that EVERY version, brand, type, etc of electronic cigarette was harmful, then you might be onto something....but right now, you're just blowing smoke..

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: lambros56
It's my opinion that second hand smoke from either don't really do any harm.
Most people who smoke normally smoke for 20+ years and the majority don't die from smoke related illnesses so I imagine it's got to be almost impossible for a none smoker to be seriously affected....... But,
That's just my opinion.

i'm with ya there.
84yo and pass away, the guy smoked and that caused the natural causes.

as for the OP, everyone has done a great job of putting it in the perspective of e-cigs being safer than real cigs.
even when i lived in the yampa valley in the rockies, people had wood burners, i had a coal burner, the air was filled with "smoke" all over town. smelled great but there were a lot of particulates in the air with the smell.

now i live in a city near an international airport, my deck gets pretty dusty from the exhaust of the planes. even though they don't come near my house.
i can even smell the guy with the weed whacker.
anyone BBQ?

what we all breath every single day, city or country, in or outside, is just as bad as any 2nd hand e-smoke. if not worse.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I've seen quite a few studies now, and they all claim different things.
The latest is a study which claims that E-cigs will act as a "gateway" to other addictions, including of course, illicit drugs. (Eric and Denise Kandel, Columbia Uni)

I can only provide anecdotal evidence, and this is that e-cigs have helped me quit tobacco.
I have never bought those crappy one use things they sell in shops, and I use good juice.

I have an iTaste VV, a couple of Kanger EVOD's and use these with a protank and a mini protank.
Best all round juice just has to be the marvelous Snake Oil by T-Max juices.

I spend on average, less that 20 quid a month, as opposed to 20 quid a week that I used to spend on tobacco.

EU legislators are trying to force multiple use devices off the market, but this is just an attempt by the tobacco industry to use e-cigs to make up for falling tobacco sales, and it comes as no surprise that they have lobbied heavily (and probably expensively) for new legislation, under the guise of "health concerns".
This won't be a problem though, as many are starting to make their own "juices", and already many build their own coils, something which I will be getting into shortly.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join