It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant linear black shadow jutting out of sky WPAFB

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

It's casting the shadow on a layer of clouds. You just can't see them.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

It's casting the shadow on a layer of clouds. You just can't see them.
Oh I don't doubt what you say. You shouldn't doubt what I said either

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
What's so odd about it ? Looks like a jet contrails above an air force base. Oh my how odd. Really you're kidding right?a reply to: Char-Lee

Lol you need to reread the whole thread...no one is talking about the contrails.

You use that line "you're kidding right?" alot in threads, is it meant as an attempted put down of those you speak too? It sounds like that in case you just don't realize. Just trying to be "witchie" maybe

edit on 30-8-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
Here is another great explanation on contrail shadows...

www.atoptics.co.uk...

Or it could be we are all not no longer on earth our home but traveling through space in a large ship with a fake sky...such as in the movie Dark City or the Truman show.

Thanks great website there.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Char-Lee

The cloud layer that it's projected on is so thin that you can't see it with the naked eye, unless there's a shadow being projected onto it.

That is what I assumed since I couldn't come up with anything else, but when it is blue skies and near 100 some degrees it is hard to envision since the trail began at the very bottom of the low hill in front of us and all the way straight and out of sight.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

The average temperature where the contrails and this cloud layer form is well below freezing. I've seen as low as -64 at 38,000 feet while on a flight.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I was 25 in 1984, and never heard any such thing that I recall

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: JediMindTrek

To me it looks like a single strand of hair on the lens.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I have been marveling at "cloud shadows" since I was a little kid.

Maybe if people looked up a little more often instead of burying their face in an I-phone, or watching their hood ornament all the time, or burying their face in a computer monitor, these silly things would not pop up so often as great big mysterious things.

And I was born in the 60's, this phenomenon didn't just pop out of nowhere recently.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

This was at Wright Patterson? Did Jedi get his inoculations prior to working there? LOL!

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
i used to see the shadow effect more often than i have recently. here's a few with shadows that i snapped

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

Nice photos. Most lines are straight, but you have one with the contour of the trail in the shadow.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
a reply to: JediMindTrek

That actually looks more like a rocket launch trail. Could be from a new type of jet though.

It does look like the contrail shadow that others are showing. I see you are looking at the shadow.

I agree, too steep of an angle of ascent or descent to be a conventional aircraft, unless there is an air show about to happen. Then it could be a Blue angels type jet, but I would think they would train in formation.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

It's perspective. Anything coming from the horizon is going to appear to be going straight up, even though it's going straight and level. It's a normal contrail.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I thought of that as soon as I hit reply. ....... Guess I don't see that configuration much around here.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul

I was 25 in 1984, and never heard any such thing that I recall

I was 24 then. You never heard the sun caused objects to cast a shadow upon the ground? Or you never heard the sun cast shadows on the sky? Which did you never hear?

By the way I just picked some arbitrary date. I've always looked at the sky as a kid and never did I see some of the things I see now. Just a conspiracy of sorts, but maybe the sky is being prepped for the big holographic show. Sort of like a giant movie screen. That's why we're now able to see the sky capture shadows as a solid object would

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I was born in 1965 and it was perfectly well understood when I was at school.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join