It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant spider stories

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

I misspoke but you and he and others are believing the video is real, and im telling you a spider that large cannot jump like that. It comes off the wall as if its spring loaded ( that is what i think it is ) Some kind of novelty prank spider that is suctioned to a wall and spring loaded.

Watch the video full screen a few more times people.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Wolf spiders have very toxic venom but a bite will convey the tiniest amount to you and you wont notice.

Get 1000 of them and squeeze the juice out and yes thats a very serious and deadly poison

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

and i think it is a genuine video

agree.

Not just the speed of the spider jumping but the anticipation of the guy trying to get close cant be an act, if it is give the guy an Oscar for best performance.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Cant be an act?

Ok.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

It's an interesting subject and really makes you wonder what is in some untouched, unspoiled section of Jungle or in some cave somewhere.... as you say, body the size of a small dog, I'd probably just about crap my myself.
Really does make you think.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Also here's a cool giant spider video....RUN!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Retikx

It comes off the wall as if its spring loaded

exactly what a spider looks like when its about perform a suicidal act.

The spider might die but when faced in a threatening situation as it was they do things out of character, hey a bit like people at times.

Watch the video full screen a few more times people.

No thanks.

I hope its a fake but like I said the acting and movements seem to real to me.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Retikx

Cant be an act?

Ok.

Like I said over on page 2 last post, if it is give the guy an Oscar.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Your lack of arachnid knowledge shows.

Don't worry about hoping, it is.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Retikx

Your lack of arachnid knowledge shows.

Don't worry about hoping, it is.

Lack of knowledge is when you say one thing and then say the opposite a few posts later.

Its was OK to have opinion but you need point out lack of something you seem to be feeding yourself as you go along.

I wont worry about hoping but thanks for the intelligent advice

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: gwynnhwyfar
Spiders freak me out. Big spiders freak me out. Jumping spiders freak me out the most!!!

We have some pretty big ones in Arizona - I have seen hand sized tarantulas in Strawberry, all over the rocks around the creek. We went there to swim in the creek and I saw them, but they weren't moving around and didn't come up on top of the rocks where we were, and other families were there, and I didn't want to scare the kids, so I kept quiet. Then, my son was in the water, and saw one of them because he looked up towards us, and he screamed like a girl! We never went back there.

I currently have a truce with a small yellow spider that is living under the bookshelf in our bedroom. He can stay there as long as he doesn't make any sudden moves or get near the bed. I had a similar truce with a different yellow spider in the kitchen, a couple of years ago, but he grew big and got more agressive, after a while, and did not stick to the terms.

When I lived in Colorado, there were these small hairy hunting spiders called wolf spiders that jump super fast, usually straight at you. Those were awful! Encountering one that jumps at you and is big, like that video, would send me screaming out the door. I could absolutely not handle that in my house.

Nice story

We have Wolf Spiders here as well (Netherlands). You never hear a lot about them here, but our house gets visited by these creatures like 2 months per year, one month around winter/spring and one month around summer/autumn. I'm not sure why that is, but I heard it's because the Wolf Spiders spend the winter inside people's homes to survive because it's warm there, unlike outside. And when they appear around spring in the house, it means they want to go back outside. When they appear around autumn, they want to go inside. Those things freak me out so much, more than half of the time we get really, REALLY big ones, up to 4-5 inches. Usually they only appear at night and when the lights are on in a room. Just before you want to go to sleep you see one of those massive bastards. Then we just grab the vacuum cleaner and try to suck them up. And hell do those things run fast. When you see them, they just sit quietly at the wall. But if you try to catch it, it jumps off and runs away almost as fast as a human. I had it happen a couple of times that I failed catching one of the spiders, resulting in me sleeping elsewhere for that night if it was in the bedroom. Atm it's the Wolf Spider month here again. I haven't seen any so far (thank you Wolf Spider-god, please stay away), but no doubt there will be one any time soon again. We usually see at least 20 of those creeps each year during those 2 months, sometimes even 30 or 40. It happens ever year over and over and just in those 2 months. I'm locking down the whole house as soon as the sun sets, including closing every window completely, just to try and prevent getting those fellas into my house. Sometimes I wished I live high up in a mountain-range, I heard from someone that the higher you live, the smaller the size of the spiders.

Arghhhh this topic is giving me all the creeps and I'm looking constantly around me now to see if one of those guys are walking around here again

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: ColeYounger

Don't know about "dog sized' spiders, but my brother was golfing down under one day and knocked his ball in the rough (jungle). A minute later they were all standing around on the green when one of his buddies pointed to his neck. When my brother looked down he saw a hand sized spider resting there just below his collar.

He said that was the farthest he jumped ever.

Meet Aussie's bird killer

Australia's largest spider is the Golden Orb weaving spider. The abdomen can reach the size of a human fist. They can be as large as a dinner plate when stretched out.

There are photo's of this spider eating birds, snakes, large lizards and rodents.

They are scary as hell too when you're walking through the bush and just happen to walk right into a web that has been spun between two huge trees over 20 meters apart..lol

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Pay attention I,ll be asking questions tommorow

There are roughly 800 +different types of Tarantulas with new ones discovered every year. Of that 800+ there are only a handfull that are toxic to the point of causing some distress, none fatal that Im aware of. They are from Asia..Sri Lankan Ornamentals from the Poeciletheria family, if that was a tarantula in the vid the marking are simular to the poeciletheria..a few cool pics in the wikilink im providing. They can move pretty darn quick in short bursts..jumping off the wall like that is pretty much suicidal so I will have to watch the vid again. Tarantulas can be pretty colourful(some of you wouldnt believe it) and make pretty interesting..and easy to take care of pets, I know Im creepy..lol

en.wikipedia.org...

I've rewatched the vid and Im a bit sceptical. blupblup's vid was real..yikes..lol, I would use a broom to move him along to the wall where it would be a bit easier to catch, looks to be a Huntsman too..might not want to get tagged by that one.
edit on 1-9-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Ironclad2000

great i googled Golden Orb weaving spider, i think im going to have nightmares about those.

I mean one, get the stick/broom and whack it, but what if theres 50 of them coming at you.

/me shivers

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Ironclad2000

They are scary as hell too when you're walking through the bush and just happen to walk right into a web that has been spun between two huge trees over 20 meters apart..lol

That would be a sight to behold.

Okay jealous now…

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: doorhandle

originally posted by: Biigs
what the hell possess people to approach a spider that big?

hit it with a 6 foot stick and nail it.

spiders freak me out i wouldnt be getting that close to any of them.

Or instead of killing a harmless living creature you could try a capture it and put it outside. Do you kill everything that scares you?

Finally somebody who sees things clearly....I am not alone. I will not kill any living thing unless I have to. I will walk around worms after the rain. I will catch and release all bugs that I can inside the house. I was not always this way it seems the older I get the more empathy I have for everything around me. I do live in a place where the bugs are not really dangerous and I think trying to catch a spider in Australia would be a bad idea.
edit on 1-9-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

i saw the thread title and all i could think of is this you tube clip of a huge scary spider leaping at this person

The simple solution to the clip is you burn your house down......

lmfao...I agree 100%

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Or instead of killing a harmless living creature you could try a capture it and put it outside. Do you kill everything that scares you?

There is always someone like this in a thread, lol. A spider that big is a threat to mankind and needs to be eliminated.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation

There is always someone like this in a thread, lol. A spider that big is a threat to mankind and needs to be eliminated.

I couldnt agree more.

You dont want somthing like that beast in your room walking around. You can be all hippy about it if you want, but 90% of people would remove it with any means necessary. If it has to die to be removed so be it.

do you want a face hugger sized hairy insect jumping on you when you are sleeping? i dont and i dont care, an insect is not an animal. i dont kill random animals. i shoot rabbits because they have horrible infectious diseases, you take them out for the greater good, its not remotely about general violence or brutality. same goes for rats.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join