Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Giant spider stories

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
One of my Dolomedes eating a delicious banana snack. They can grow about twice this size.

edit on 4-9-2014 by PeterMcFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger I live in northern nsw when we first moved into the house there were really big spiders , I used to work for quarantine Australia and have come across different types of arachnids but have never seen any thing like this . At first glimpse they look like a huge huntsman but when they get up and move its like they have another extra length of leg to there already huge legs and jeas they can move , on getting pest control in he said apparently he had only ever seen these spiders in this house and the town house next door , he said to me if I caught one and put in half metho/water solution he would send it off and get 50 dollars a spider to find out what type of spider they were , well I burst his bubble when I told him I use to work for quarantine , any how these are about the size of big mans fist when nestled and when disturbed they double that our property backs on to the bush . and the scary thing is I , he don't know if they are venomous considering they recently fond a northern rivers funnel web , any ways next time I get one ill take a photo of it and post it haven't seen one since last year but its spring and warming up I know when there in the house as hundreds of little baby spiders dangle from the roof and its always in my daughters room and there like daaaad there back can you get the spray. there light brown with musterd specks ( very scary )

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: normipoo

Provide top and down picture as sharp as you can get, also (very important) get a close shot on the eyes configuration. I'll do my best to ID it for you, but I'm no expert so nothing garanteed...

<< 2  3  4   >>

join