It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant spider stories

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
One of my Dolomedes eating a delicious banana snack. They can grow about twice this size.

edit on 4-9-2014 by PeterMcFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger I live in northern nsw when we first moved into the house there were really big spiders , I used to work for quarantine Australia and have come across different types of arachnids but have never seen any thing like this . At first glimpse they look like a huge huntsman but when they get up and move its like they have another extra length of leg to there already huge legs and jeas they can move , on getting pest control in he said apparently he had only ever seen these spiders in this house and the town house next door , he said to me if I caught one and put in half metho/water solution he would send it off and get 50 dollars a spider to find out what type of spider they were , well I burst his bubble when I told him I use to work for quarantine , any how these are about the size of big mans fist when nestled and when disturbed they double that our property backs on to the bush . and the scary thing is I , he don't know if they are venomous considering they recently fond a northern rivers funnel web , any ways next time I get one ill take a photo of it and post it haven't seen one since last year but its spring and warming up I know when there in the house as hundreds of little baby spiders dangle from the roof and its always in my daughters room and there like daaaad there back can you get the spray. there light brown with musterd specks ( very scary )

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: normipoo

Provide top and down picture as sharp as you can get, also (very important) get a close shot on the eyes configuration. I'll do my best to ID it for you, but I'm no expert so nothing garanteed...

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

alot of work to support a large body and for a spider to grow a crab like shell is not efficient

It is if it can catch large prey. You are forgetting that there have been a lot of different environments that developed large creatures and Africa has plenty.

mysteriousuniverse.org...

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock
a reply to: Biigs

haha im not scared of spiders but that gave me the shivers hahah..... It is funny how many men, including myself, have equipped the makeshift shield, helmet and weapon to remove nature from the home.

I have traveled quite a bit and have never come across a giant spider, nor have I ever heard of anything like that..just writing in the thread to keep an eye on it.

Yeah...but we never quite grasp what to do after placing the bowl over the spider. I've seen it and done it. Sliding something under the bowl is difficult and you have basically just shielded the spider from any attack. So there you stand...holding a bowl that eventually has to be removed.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   
While walking through the woods in spring hill florida ,I turned a corner on the trail and almost walked into a 8 foot by 4 foot web with 3 giant bannana spiders the largest was every bit as big as a dinner plate ! The other 2 were coffee can lid size . I am a pretty tough skinned brave individual. I admit I screamed and ran away like a little girl !!😁

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

I've seen a documentary about tarantulas, a few yrs ago but I won't post it it's disgusting. Lets just say there are some asian cultures that enjoy eating them alive.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join