It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News calls Russell Brand 'left-wing commie scum'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The ongoing war between Fox News and Russell Brand has reached new levels, with Greg Gutfeld and other Fox News hosts calling Russell Brand 'left-wing commie scum', before further proceeding to criticise the comedian-turned-revolutionary for his prior drug habits, film roles and his failed marriage with Katy Perry. If that's all Fox News can conjure up against Russell Brand, he mustn't be as bad as what many people make him out to be.

There is something amusing about Fox News espousing anti-leftist sentiments, considering their conservative politic slant. Funnily enough, i could call Fox News 'right-wing fascist propaganda bull#'.

We’re not sure how nasty it has to get between Fox News and Russell Brand before the two decide to meet up, kiss and put it all behind them, but the war of words certainly makes for good viewing.

Two days ago, comedian Brand used his YouTube channel to address the criticism levelled at him for his own denigration of Fox News’ coverage of the Ferguson protests.

He had originally condemned the news station for hiring a token black person to come on to lament the riots and was labelled “left-wing commie scum” as a result by Fox presenter Greg Gutfeld.

www.independent.co.uk...

Here are videos regarding Brand's rebuttals of Fox News:

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

- Daas.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Russel Brand had some good points and logic at the time of his Jeremy Pax interview.....

However, imho, this 'Trews' he has going on youtube is a total joke.... apart from summarize what 'he believes', he doesnt really add any truth to anything.

Furthermore, what makes him an expert on the Gaza crisis? all i heard was repeats of the lame dead-end anti-israel rhetoric i read on ATS.

He has memorized a few long words, but he is no expert by any means.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Fox and Brand are like a couple kids who keep poking each other and saying, "He started it!"

Not a fan of either.

But Brand needs to take a shower or something...he looks so unkempt all the time. How can anyone take him seriously is beyond me. Just another has-been comedian who has gone all bitter.
edit on 29-8-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I don't watch Fox News and have little respect for it, but after watching the first video there, I think it's a great testimony to the fact that "comedians" should stick to comedy. Brand's defense of himself was weak and resorted to crybaby tactics, ad hominem attacks and simple dismissal of the other guy's points with nothing more than a "you're a stupid American, and I'm representing the whole of humanity."

He's not, but I'm sure that his fans are eating it up.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Foxnews= foreign owned right wing news entertainment

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

Russel Brand had some good points and logic at the time of his Jeremy Pax interview.....

However, imho, this 'Trews' he has going on youtube is a total joke.... apart from summarize what 'he believes', he doesnt really add any truth to anything.

Furthermore, what makes him an expert on the Gaza crisis? all i heard was repeats of the lame dead-end anti-israel rhetoric i read on ATS.

He has memorized a few long words, but he is no expert by any means.

From my understanding, the Trews is meant to be a satirical response to the main stream news and public discourse. It isn't meant to be taken completely serious, but it isn't meant to be written off either.

Further, he doesn't claim to be an expert on Gaza. He is a citizen of a democratic state, and as such, is awarded the rights associated with an open state. He can say whatever he wants.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: adjensen
I don't watch Fox News and have little respect for it, but after watching the first video there, I think it's a great testimony to the fact that "comedians" should stick to comedy. Brand's defense of himself was weak and resorted to crybaby tactics, ad hominem attacks and simple dismissal of the other guy's points with nothing more than a "you're a stupid American, and I'm representing the whole of humanity."

He's not, but I'm sure that his fans are eating it up.

I don't think anyone should be restricted to any one field. He is allowed to express his opinions in such a manner, and i won't disrespect him or stop him from expressing his rights, even if some may disagree with many of his points.

I agree that Brand's response may have been somewhat immature, but it really wasn't any worse than the tactics used by Fox News. Furthermore, the Trews is regulated with comedy, and so Brand sometimes engages in 'comedic acts' at the seeming expense of others. Some of it may come off as childish, but i don't think he actually means all of which he says.
edit on 29-8-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Fox "News" (note sarcastic quotes) has become a parody of news. How can anyone make fun of Fox when Fox itself has sunk to a satire version of news? No wonder they are so offended by Russel Brand and his "Trews" parody of their parody news outlet.

Put it this way - if Fox was in any way, shape, or form a respectable news outlet, Brand would never register so much as a blip on their radar.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
...before further proceeding to criticise the comedian-turned-revolutionary...

Brand is a joke who peddles bumper sticker cliches. Why anyone takes a single thing he says seriously I'll never know.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I don't think anyone should be restricted to any one field.

Oh, I don't mean that he should be prevented from speaking out on current issues, just that he appears to be terrible at it. I don't know him from a hole in the ground, so maybe he's terrible at comedy, too. Reminds me of Richard Dawkins -- awesome scientist, terrible philosopher, but he keeps insisting on prattling on about philosophy because he's deluded himself into thinking he's good at it.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
So how exactly does this differ from the things cnn was calling bush and palin?

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Russell Brand has some really great angles but uses words that most of the general public have never heard of and comes across as a mad English literature scientist and does not deliver the message to the people it should be aimed at in the first place.

And he is also a Johnny come lately!
Most of us have been into this stuff for decades and have heard it all before so he may deliver a more articulate, coherent and precise vocabulary than most but the content has already been delivered many many times but most of us never had the stage nor the stardom to make use of it effectively.

But having said that,he scares the M.S.M television interviewers into instant submission as they dare not debate his comedic intellectual wit and so he's told us something in that and it is when you are faced with something so corrupt it is better to mock and deride all day than enter into debate whereby regulations of debate are met....their regulations!

edit on 29-8-2014 by southbeach because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Without having watched the source vids and not really caring what actor/comedian Russell Brand rants about in particular, I will say that being called "left-wing commie scum" by the "right-wing fascist scum" at Fox News is basically a badge of honor.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
So how exactly does this differ from the things cnn was calling bush and palin?

Perhaps you could point out where the host of a CNN show called Bush or Palin "scum" instead of just making random statements?

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

www.politico.com...

Is this one good enough?
The dude resigned after saying it.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

That's Martin Bashir on MSNBC which is clearly not CNN. Also, Martin Bashir's comments led to his resignation from MSNBC following a public backlash to his off color commentary. See how that works?

Is Greg Gutfeld resigning?

edit on 2014-8-29 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Like there is a big difference between those networks. Your just splitting hairs. They both play for the same team.
I would hope he does not resign. He called the man scum for goodness sakes. He didn't insult the guys mother.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Greg Gutfeld is a comedian why does it matter what he says? Bill Maher calls Palin a dumb c*nt and no one says a peep. Just more left wing hypocrisy at it's finest. If they say it, it's fine, if the right says it get out the band wagon and start the march. Why can they call for the death of a policeman for not giving a black kid due process while wanting to take away due process for the policeman? It's all divisive and needs to stop, quit being a pawn.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Fox is engaged in character assassination? How odd.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
As far as his anti-Israel comments go… anyone that actually can get past the iron grip of strict pro-Israel commentary in the news (or any other platform) should not be slammed for doing so. There is a complete lockout on any anti-Israel sentiment, and dissent needs to be heard. Especially in the western world. Even the left in the United States parrot the same talking points as the right on this one (in general).

Russel Brand may not be the funniest dude ever, but he is certainly no johnny-come-lately, I listened to his radio show from London over 15 years ago.
edit on 29-8-2014 by okrian because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-8-2014 by okrian because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join