It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theresa May says UK Terror Threat level raised to Severe!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
The real reason...
Cameron To Seize "Suspects" Passports In Response To Terror Threat!!!

I think the real reason for the alert is because they are planning on striking isis targets and the government is prepping for retaliation.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Here in Belgium we have the same problem with men that go fight in Syria.
They travel up and down like its nothing...

Got to go wrong sometime...

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
false flag on the way...

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

The sane one is right, its all fine and dandy until someone head gets cut off or a building blown up. What rights are you loosing? Also due to the close proximity and the recent developments with ISIS,( that is unless you don't believe its all staged to conveniently take your rights) I dont disagree with raising the terror threat, also im sure there is Intel your not privy to. If that's the case you need to take a long hard look at yourself, and realize not everything is a conspiracy and sometimes the world is just as stupid as it seems.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: gortex

Are you saying that no illegals enter your island?

The point is about British citizens leaving the country , a passport is needed.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

originally posted by: thesaneone

Are you saying that no illegals enter your island?

The point is about British citizens leaving the country , a passport is needed.

Yes a passport is needed but it's not used if you are planning to stay under the radar.

Open your eyes people do not use their real information when they have something to hide.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Unlike the West the continent of Europe (including the UK) has more to fear in the way of blow back for western expansionist policies. The US has two big moats called the Atlantic and the Pacific Oceans to protect them geographically.

Floods of Middle Eastern refugees from the areas that the UK has bombed and or aided in invading and subjugating (for BP) is a lot larger there. I don't blame the powers that be for handwringing. They should know…

…you reap what you sow.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: thesaneone

How would you like your rights distorted by a higher terror threat level with absolutely nothing to back it up?

No intelligence, no evidence, even admittedly "nothing imminent"?

It's a joke and a fear-mongering campaign!

really?...been to any Muslim neighborhood enclaves in London lately?...I'm a Yankee in California, and I've heard and seen the videos of regular Brits being accosted in these areas

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I really want to know what would you do? Governments are always walking the line between infringing upon rights or protecting its national citizenry. These are fine balances and a healthy government dose not make extreme or intense impulsive security decisions rather it slowly raises its security and when the threat has passed slowly relaxes. This is what people dont realize we take a snap shot of our short window of time but we loose all context. We must not fall into this thinking we should believe that our leaders generally have our best interests as a people in mind, and when we come to believe otherwise we vote them out, and if thats not possible we over throw.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I really want to know what would you do?

I would act on intelligence , there is no specific information behind this raising of the threat level which leads me to believe that it's in response to other events , like the defection of a respected Tory party member to Ukip and the speculation that others may follow.

The fact this comes the day after the defection leads me to believe this is a cheap ploy to regain the news agenda , a ploy that seems to have worked.

edit on 29-8-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

It's down to the NATO summit - there may or may not be intelligence gathered on an attack - but when head of security and war are all in one place, nations always raise their terror levels.

However the ring of steel in Cardiff, miles away from the actual summit, is a shocking proof how much of our rights have been given up in the war on terror.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: haven123
false flag on the way...

Yeah, in Scotland.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The only things these threat levels achieve is to create fear, panic and division amoungst the population.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

The NATO summit is on over 2 days , I see no reason they would raise the national threat level for such a well guarded localised event , we have hosted other such events in the past without such an occurrence.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Very convenient that the big news last night was a conservative MP switching sides to UKIP

IMO they are just doing this to cover yesterday's headlines

We have a fairly long history of terrorism on our mainland,a few fanatical Muslims won't change anything

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I don't think it's a conspiracy...
They've already said quite clearly they have no intelligence with which to base this on...
It's all about passport legislation!
edit on 29-8-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
The threat is always present therefore people just need to remain vigilant. The only reason they should have to raise and lower this is to give people a choice on whether they travel or go to public places. The threat level should not determine if we feel safe or not.

It's war, and we get a government who controls the people just as they always do to some extent at wartime.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Maybe she knows the UK is up to something over there that we don't know about yet, something she knows will make us a definite target?

It's a pity she doesn't feel an equally strong urge to protect children from the alleged MP paedo network that's been conveniently forgotten about.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
This makes total sense.

I find it quite perplexing that people are surprised by this or are trying to call it out as some kind of political move.

We have over 500 British nationals who we know are going off to groups like ISIS to receive training. Guys like Jihad John. Now think about it if Jihad John and his other British Chums over in Iraq and Syria are prepared to cut of the head of a American what makes you think they won't us their UK citizenship get on the next BA Flight out of Karachi to London to go build some bombs and cause some mayhem, get a ticket up to sit about with those 72 virgin's.

Of course JTAC are going to recommend raising the threat level.

Because the threat is very real.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Perhaps the recent security elevation is related to the newly released Al-Qaeda propaganda pamphlet ‘Palestine: Betrayal of the Guilty Conscience Al-Malahem.’

Source at RT

It calls for more domestic terrorism, and is written in English. I can't find it but it sounds pretty looming.
It seems the jihadi movement is stepping up English-language propaganda, with the Foley execution, and before that the British call-to-jihad video. Or maybe its a media campaign to stir up fearful sentiments, prepare us for something, or to identify possible radicals, by tracking those who access it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join