It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not everything is a conspiracy folks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
I have to disagree, everything is a conspiracy these days.

Why this morning as a matter of fact, I saw a guy hanging out by the dumpster.

WHY?!

We have a conspirer right here.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

No Slayer, if the evidence can be found pertaining
to or incorporated in some way, to one or more of the
main objectives in observance? As in this case DUMPster?
A quick look around the immediate vicinity, might absolve
all suspicions of conspiracy. But you may not like what you find.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: CoolStoryMan
Well I agree most conspiracies are baseless. Maybe ATS is just a government operation to divide everyone and to exploit this fact that most of them are baseless by fostering the longevity of users like Phage. So what they've done is drowned us in a cesspool and let the Phages of the world indulge.

I would not be surprised if they classify most everyone who's ever been a conspiracy theorist for X time as having a mental disorder. There'll be a laundry list of conditions you'll have to meet to be diagnosed.

Are any UFOs alien? Are there prehistoric animals in the world still evading science? Are there secrets being covered up by our government? Either there're a few or some or none at all, but how're we to know? Can something be both real and yet still escape the observations of scientists and millions of people, and also be unconventional or completely unexpected? Something so startling or unbelievable few could believe it exists?

We know ancient humans knew little of the world outside their local region. They knew next to nothing about the history of Earth and of biology and of the cosmos and much more. And none of that really has anything to do with extraterrestrial intelligences or creators. What escapes us now? Surely modern man cannot know everything? How much of what man knew in history in comparison to what can be known is comparable to what modern man knows versus what he can know? We KNOW ancient humans were, by comparison to us, horrifyingly ignorant of the cosmos! YET are we too? Even with our 8 million years of gains, how much do we REALLY know?

We ask and ponder, and are sometimes vilified or condemned as insane for doing so. So they pop us a pill and we're suddenly normal?
edit on 29-8-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

Conspiracy? Yes! All around us! Disinfo agents also, See here, this prime agent wants us to believe that this creature in his offered YouTube piece of evidence is a chipmunk . It most definitely is not! Maybe a gopher thought.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: CoolStoryMan

originally posted by: CallYourBluff

originally posted by: CoolStoryMan
I was browsing youtube the other day when looking at old Robin Williams clips and there are numerous videos claiming his death is a conspiracy and how he's part of the illuminati's run of celebrity killings/sacrifices and whatnot...

It brings me here, it seems like everything that happens, there are always people claiming there's a conspiracy or we're not being told the truth, now I ask this forum, how much of that do you believe is people being gullible/nutty and how much of it is intentional disinfo?

The problem is, when you get people claiming every event is some sort of conspiracy....it poisons the well, and when actual conspiracies or actions where we are deliberately lied to occur, the public at large just laughs and dismisses them. That is why people like Alex Jones actually hurt the cause, even if some of what he says may actually be true.

There are conspiracies about just about every significant news event now a days and no doubt much of it is by design, or just simple trolling which is very unfortunate

I haven't seen the conspiracies about Robbin Williams' death but some people do go too far, but that doesn't mean we should ignore the real conspiracies, which there are many. I'd say Robbin was simply a troubled, creative character that had enough of this broken world and took matters into his own hands.

but where my issue is, and honestly i believe alot of it is intentional...is that every single story now has a group saying it's a conspiracy, and when that happens, the public at large will ignore them.....and when real conspiracies do occur nobody listens because their mind has been trained to believe it's all BS

Obviously you are SO aware; perhaps you should be the one to determine what is a conspiracy and what is BS.

Way to totally miss the point

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I agree OP.
Sometimes it can be quite sickening on ATS If something happens in the world someone will put 2+2 together get 5 and see a youtube video and they fall for it hook line and sinker.
Coincidences happen accidents happen all the time.
Sometimes someone goes nuts and kills folk but it isn't always going to be a guberment conspiracy to take away your jobs/guns etc.
I used to believe in many conspiracy's it is what lead me to ATS but actually reading threads has made me see that everything is not a conspiracy.

I think some on ATS believe in it all to hide away from the real truth.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: karmicecstasy

Conspiracy? Yes! All around us! Disinfo agents also, See here, this prime agent wants us to believe that this creature in his offered YouTube piece of evidence is a chipmunk . It most definitely is not! Maybe a gopher thought.

hehe...

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
I have to disagree, everything is a conspiracy these days.

Why this morning as a matter of fact, I saw a guy hanging out by the dumpster.

WHY?!

Was it really in the morning? I think you're lying. Had to make a account just to say that. Been lurking here for years....
edit on 12-10-2014 by Perceiver because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Most agree that all these wild claims muddy the water. I have come to believe that much of this is a tactic more so than obsessed behavior. We see shades of it in politics every day.

Here is an example. Some guy speaks out about the cost to taxpayers of free school lunches or this and that. In tern he/she is called out as a hater of children or something very similar, when the accuser probably knows that the person in question is not really a hater of children or wants children to starve to death.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Not everything is a conspiracy folks

Well when your a member of ATS then everything can become a conspiracy...even brushing your teeth can be a conspiracy.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Perceiver

He had 'Black Eyes'

*Shivers

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

I agree that not everything IS a conspiracy. But as long as we live in a world in which there is always a conceivable motive, it pretty much pays to keep an open mind.

You could always go and tell the cops that not every death should be suspicious. And while that is certainly true, it always needs to be considered by someone.

Conspiracy theories kind of cut both ways. In some ways they're harmful because most of them seem pretty comical when you think about it. So the public gets used to ridiculing any and every conspiracy theory. On the other hand, anyone who is considering a real conspiracy will always have to factor us into their schemes.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join