It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not everything is a conspiracy folks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I was browsing youtube the other day when looking at old Robin Williams clips and there are numerous videos claiming his death is a conspiracy and how he's part of the illuminati's run of celebrity killings/sacrifices and whatnot...

It brings me here, it seems like everything that happens, there are always people claiming there's a conspiracy or we're not being told the truth, now I ask this forum, how much of that do you believe is people being gullible/nutty and how much of it is intentional disinfo?

The problem is, when you get people claiming every event is some sort of conspiracy....it poisons the well, and when actual conspiracies or actions where we are deliberately lied to occur, the public at large just laughs and dismisses them. That is why people like Alex Jones actually hurt the cause, even if some of what he says may actually be true.

There are conspiracies about just about every significant news event now a days and no doubt much of it is by design, or just simple trolling which is very unfortunate

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: CoolStoryMan
I've seen the story (which I'm quoting from memory) that when the nineteenth century statesman Metternich was informed that the notoriously slippery Talleyrand had just died, his reaction was to muse "I wonder what he meant by that?"
We are getting the same kind of reaction now about everything.
It can be self-destructive, as in "Health-care could protect me from Ebola? I don't believe it!"
Also it leads to a possible infinite regress of double-bluff. How can the conspiracy theorist be sure that his favourite theory is not something TPTB are manipulating him into believing?

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Not everything is a conspiracy..... everything is LIES.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoolStoryMan
I was browsing youtube the other day when looking at old Robin Williams clips and there are numerous videos claiming his death is a conspiracy and how he's part of the illuminati's run of celebrity killings/sacrifices and whatnot...

It brings me here, it seems like everything that happens, there are always people claiming there's a conspiracy or we're not being told the truth, now I ask this forum, how much of that do you believe is people being gullible/nutty and how much of it is intentional disinfo?

The problem is, when you get people claiming every event is some sort of conspiracy....it poisons the well, and when actual conspiracies or actions where we are deliberately lied to occur, the public at large just laughs and dismisses them. That is why people like Alex Jones actually hurt the cause, even if some of what he says may actually be true.

There are conspiracies about just about every significant news event now a days and no doubt much of it is by design, or just simple trolling which is very unfortunate

I haven't seen the conspiracies about Robbin Williams' death but some people do go too far, but that doesn't mean we should ignore the real conspiracies, which there are many. I'd say Robbin was simply a troubled, creative character that had enough of this broken world and took matters into his own hands.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Agree

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Well it's pretty much inevitable when we've got nearly 3 billion internet users out there, one should expect the entire spectrum of delusion to be represented.

Some are really insane, some get paranoid and take their theorizing too far, seeing connections that aren't really there,
others simply speculate.. and maybe, maybe, some of them are right.

It's a shame cause some might throw the baby out with the bath water browsing the weird part of youtube.

Reminds me of a quote a member here uses:

"Stranger things have happened a closed mind has blinded itself to the world of possabillity but an open one can also be led astray more easily so open it to the right things but always stand by the door."

The deeper you travel the rabbit hole the easier it is to be led astray or decieved, and I'd add that that is especially true for people that have awakened to the spiritual dimensions of reality.
From that moment on, living the "paranormal life", one could be forgiven for being credulous when ones life starts resembling the Twilight Zone.. after seeing the supposedly impossible once or twice, it's easy to imagine that other fortean phenomena may turn out to be just as true.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   
That's the problem with hanging around on sites like this too long.

I love a conspiracy, but you have to keep things in perspective. Otherwise you end up a paranoid tin foil hat wearing jabbering idiot.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Well, I think all this silly conspiracies could also be a conspiracy by them self! If you make such stupid bull# and call it "conspiracy theory" it will take away the focus on conspiracies that could actually be true in some kind.

And also my advise is, please, pleeaase, don't believe anything on the internet is 100 % true.

Look at me, I call myself GreasyLobster and my pic is Lobsterman, how can you trust me? Make your own opinion on things you see.

Most people that come up with a new "theory" every day are begging for attention, they feel special when they believe that they know something nobody else knows.

Regards!

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Me and Randy believe it was Star Whackers who got Robin:

edit on 29-8-2014 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Conspiracies are bendable...depending only on the mind of the reader.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth
Conspiracies are bendable...depending only on the mind of the reader.

One of the wisest most concise posts I've seen here, containing lots of information. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Yes, like Paul Walker being a conspiracy. There are a few cases, where it seems probable or much more plausible to question, whether or not someone remote accessed someone's car, and had them killed. 2 avid race fans(one a former racer), that loved speed...well if it is a conspiracy, they def chose the right way to cover it up. No, when it comes to murder, determining a motive is crucial.

That being said, Micheal Jackson's case is a bit more ambiguous, as he seemed to be on the verge of challenging those in power. I do think celebrities(esp big timers) probably are introduced to more info, than the general public(as they have money, but many connections), and regardless are potentially more dangerous, as they have wider audiences. Yet, I still don't use MJ or any other loosely substantiated theory, as anything other than a conjecture piece...but who knows.

edit-i do agree with the OP though, as people like Alex Jones, have made it tougher on theorists lol.
edit on 29-8-2014 by Fibonazi because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-8-2014 by Fibonazi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I Thought Robin Williams was shot dead when he wore a zombie costume during...fiction

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
The OP is spot on. If I believed everything i read here. The entire world would be a scripted or faked conspiracy. Every news story. Every movie. Every disaster. Natural or man made. Even my poop this morning would be a conspiracy. My poop would be a paid crisis actor lol. Look at the way that poop hit the water. Does that poop look as devastated as it should. I mean it just hit the water. If I just hit the water I would be more emotional. Doesnt that poop look just like another poop someone else took. See thats proof. The poops are the same. Case closed. The Illuminati paid the poop to be there.

Now I am not saying there are no conspiracy theories. Of course there are. People getting together in dark rooms and plotting to manipulate the world. Has always happened and will always happen. Its just not everything can be a conspiracy. Do you know how much money that would cost. How many people would have to be in on it. Half the people on the planet would have to be in on it. All those rich S.O.B's that run things would have to spend half there money on it. There too greedy for that. IMHO.

The only way big conspiracys work, is if you use them sparingly, and flood the airwaves and web with fake claims that everything is a conspiracy. You all help the powers that be by believing anything that conforms to your preconceived notions without question. Not hinder them. You do there job for them. So good job I guess. Your just as brainwashed as the people who do nothing but sit in front of a TV all day, believing everything MSM says, with there hands glued to a phone so they can have access and read every twitter and facebook update they receive. Just in a different way.

There is no truth. There is no lies. Everything is a conspiracy. Nothing is a conspiracy. Every level you go deeper down the rabbit hole. The truth changes. What you thought was truth becomes lie. What you thought was a lie becomes truth. Over and over. The deeper you go. Truths within truths. Lies within lies. Truth within lies. Lies within truths. Factions within factions. Faces behind faces. Reality is complex not simple.

Most of us cling to one truth and get co-opted and used. Thats why were on the internet arguing being distracted instead of playing the game. But Don't believe me. I am probably a paid shill.

edit on 29-8-2014 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Not everything is a conspiracy?
Okay, fair enough! But when I look over at the other
hand and where upon seeing of amount of corruption
and unquestionable conspiracy, that go hand in hand with vast
back accounts, the rich and famous and even the mega rich?

I can certainly understand that all " Unfortunate events" surrounding
such people. Should certainly and absolutely be placed under and looked at
thoroughly thru the microscope of conspiracy. Certainly what isn't there
will not be found. And if somone has a problem with that? I suggest a
little more thought they might give the matter.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

You are obviously conspiring to make us think everything is not a conspiracy. I have seen right through your charade. Next you will want us to believe the Apollo landings were real and that real airplanes hit the Pentagon, and that MH-370 was not abducted by aliens and that Obama is not the hidden mahdi.. I see what your doing here and am not letting you get away with it.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: CallYourBluff

I haven't seen the conspiracies about Robbin Williams' death but some people do go too far, but that doesn't mean we should ignore the real conspiracies, which there are many. I'd say Robbin was simply a troubled, creative character that had enough of this broken world and took matters into his own hands.

but where my issue is, and honestly i believe alot of it is intentional...is that every single story now has a group saying it's a conspiracy, and when that happens, the public at large will ignore them.....and when real conspiracies do occur nobody listens because their mind has been trained to believe it's all BS

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

but where my issue is, and honestly i believe alot of it is intentional...is that every single story now has a group saying it's a conspiracy, and when that happens, the public at large will ignore them.....and when real conspiracies do occur nobody listens because their mind has been trained to believe it's all BS

Obviously you are SO aware; perhaps you should be the one to determine what is a conspiracy and what is BS.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Just take pride in the fact that you can decipher between lies and propaganda. Humans manipulate to propagate their own DNA. I often wonder what would happen when those behind the conspiracies are brought to justice. Most likely the next crop of liars will take their place and the cycle will continue.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I have to disagree, everything is a conspiracy these days.

Why this morning as a matter of fact, I saw a guy hanging out by the dumpster.

WHY?!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join