It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian reporters 'attacked at secret soldier burials'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Russian journalists say they have been attacked while investigating reports that soldiers were secretly buried after being killed in Ukraine.

The paratroopers were buried in a village near the western city of Pskov, where they were based.

What appears to be fresh graves of the killed paratroopers were first spotted in the village by Pskovskaya Guberniya, a local newspaper.

Its journalists say they were attacked at the cemetery.

Source

So it seems like Moscow's lies are starting to fall apart. We have reports of paratroopers secretly buried in the town of Pskov. When reporters investigate they are threatened and attacked. It is known that on August 19th the platoon's commander, Anton Korolenko, was killed. However, officials refuse to reveal the cause of death and even his own relatives refuse to speak about it because it is classified. Then we have a Ukrainian journalist claiming to have photos of an APC seized from Pskov paratroopers complete with IDs and paperwork inside. We are also seeing a sharp increase in the number of wounded and dead among Russia's military. So if Russian forces aren't in Ukraine what are they doing that is causing so many of them to end up wounded and dead? As one councilwoman from Rostov said, the military hospitals are overflowing.

It should be noted that unlike most articles regarding Russian forces in Ukraine most of the original sources for these claims come from reporters and others inside of Russia

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
AHA! I have been wondering where Russia would bury the dead bodies of its fallen soldiers......
The recent incursions are bound to have casualties and expose the silent invasion they are attempting....
Only with the collusion of the pro Russian rebels could they have made it this far with their deception....
The west will do nothing at all save a few more sanctions....

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
It seems they have been not telling families at all or warning them to keep quiet when they do know. LINK

This is something that will make people very angry. First you lie to them about being involved and then when thiers sons are killed fighting in Ukraine they are denied a chance to bury them or even know what happened. They seem to have suffered high casualties so it is starting to leak everywhere. And of course it seems not everybody knows they are suppose to be in denial

When the deputy commander of the base arrived, he told the families that the soldiers in the videos had indeed been taken prisoner in Ukraine, Khokhlova says. But they were apparently the lucky ones. “They told us that two others from their group had been killed and some wounded,” she says, recounting the words of the officer who met with the families. “The wounded were taken back across the border to a hospital in [the Russian city of] Rostov.”

Lev Shlosberg, a lawmaker in the regional parliament, tells TIME that the funerals were held in total secret and that family members had been warned not to discuss the deaths with anyone.

“This sounds to me like a joke,” says Lidiya Sviridova, the head of the Committee of Soldiers’ Mothers in the region of Saratov. During a press conference on Tuesday in the regional capital, she called on the parents of all Russian soldiers to find out whether their sons have been sent to Ukraine and, if so, to publicly appeal to the state for answers. The families of numerous servicemen have gotten in touch with her asking for help in finding missing Russian soldiers, she tells TIME by phone from Saratov on Wednesday. “They could not all have gotten lost.”

Committee for Soldiers’ Mothers are also refusing to keep mum. “The silence in the official media is deafening,” says Shlosberg, the lawmaker in Pskov. “Everybody here knows what’s going on. Everybody is talking about it.” Everybody, it seems, except for Putin.

It is no wonder Putin is in talks, he must want to forget he got involved in Ukraine to beging with.
edit on 27-8-2014 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Somehow I suspect this is already planned for.....there will be no let up from Putin short of defeat.....

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Yeah, well ... this is Russian intelligence, sending in troopers ... who get caught and murdered. They are doing a "snoop" operation, to look at atrocities.

I wonder what the Russians are going to do with Putin and his cabinet ... how are the Russians going to solve this internal crisis. That's the big question here ... that atrocities are being committed by Ukraine, and supported by Western forces, and US. And that western media is downplaying it as "collateral damage", is known.

In case you didn't "comprehend" the issue here. Ukraine killing Russian soldiers, is an act of war ... wether they "accidentally" were in Ukraine or not. There is no state of war, between the two ... yet.
edit on 28/8/2014 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn

I wonder what the Russians are going to do with Putin and his cabinet ... how are the Russians going to solve this internal crisis. That's the big question here ... that atrocities are being committed by Ukraine, and supported by Western forces, and US. And that western media is downplaying it as "collateral damage", is known.

Here shall I refresh your memory about what the separatists are doing...

www.kyivpost.com...

www.thejournal.ie...

Why do you not mention these types of things happening, that's right because Russia is backing this and they are allowed to do these things in another country.

Here I will say it again...the pro Russian hypocrisy we are seeing is amazing.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn

In case you didn't "comprehend" the issue here. Ukraine killing Russian soldiers, is an act of war ... wether they "accidentally" were in Ukraine or not. There is no state of war, between the two ... yet.

And shall I remind you that sending troops into a sovereign nation and annexing part of that nation is also, but that didn't stop Russia now did it?

Funny how the pro Russian crowd seem to side step that little part of this conflict.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The Russian Dumas revoked Putin use of force in Ukraine. I called this reference dead Russian soldiers.

Putin is done.

new topics

top topics

join