It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas officer placed on leave for not helping frantic mother

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

DALLAS - A Dallas police officer has been placed on administrative leave following Monday's police chase and fatal shooting of a Dallas man. Officer Cpl. Les Richardson allegedly told a woman who flagged him down for help that he couldn't help her because he was on his way to answer another call.

The woman's two children had just been kidnapped by their father, Steven Douglas. Douglas was ultimately shot and killed by police after police and witnesses said he pointed a gun at officers at the end of a chase and crash.

The woman was on the phone with a 911 operator when she saw Richardson in his squad car and approached him for help. Dash cam video also confirmed the meeting. Richardson is a 28-year veteran of the department assigned to the South Central Division. He will remain on leave while the internal affairs department investigates the circumstances surrounding his decision not to assist the frantic mother.

Source

More information at the link provided.

This to me, is an egregious lack of concern, and a display of total disregard for the safety of a woman whose children had just been kidnapped at gunpoint. In this instance, the officers failure to immediately get information, and then radio in what was happening is just as bad as the brutality shown by officers against the public. Day in and day out, the police continue to show how little they care about citizens who rely on them to be heroes they claim to be.

Respect? Not for scum like this. Guess he didn't see an opportunity to shoot someone or beat them up. This just continues, and honestly, I see no end in sight. When does this madness stop?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The tickets prove they were working. Actually helping the public isn't the priority.

Reading this gave me chills. These type of mistakes cost people lives.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Traffic stops and ticket writing make money. Wonder if it would be different is they had known they could get in some shooting time.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: retiredTxn
This to me, is an egregious lack of concern, and a display of total disregard for the safety of a woman whose children had just been kidnapped at gunpoint. In this instance, the officers failure to immediately get information, and then radio in what was happening is just as bad as the brutality shown by officers against the public. Day in and day out, the police continue to show how little they care about citizens who rely on them to be heroes they claim to be.

Respect? Not for scum like this. Guess he didn't see an opportunity to shoot someone or beat them up. This just continues, and honestly, I see no end in sight. When does this madness stop?

We should not expect the cops to be heroes or expect them to care about us. The way I see it is that the police are dangerous thugs equal to gang members. I wouldn't expect a gang member to help me and I wouldnt bother trying to ask. More than likely the police are just gonna make a situation worse. I'm still sickened by this but i'm not surprised. The police are not here to serve and protect, infact I think they need a new slogan maybe something like oppress and subjugate ? Screw the police.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
The police really aren't sympathetic.

Really, they aren't worth calling for help at all. I've given up asking for their assistance

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Hells Angels in Blue is all the cops are these days. They need a very special "gangland".

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreyGoo
The police are not here to serve and protect, infact I think they need a new slogan maybe something like oppress and subjugate ? Screw the police.

Not too long ago, I would be beating my chest and screaming at the top of my lungs in support of the police. Now, not so much. I hear all the time on ATS how not all cops are bad, and it is disingenuous to portray all cops as being corrupt and abusive mindless roid ragers. We all know there are some good cops. But, and it's a big but, for a department, and officers of that department, to defend the actions of only a few fellow officers, shows how disconnected these people really are from the communities and citizens they claim to serve.

If cops want to play like they are above the law, they need to be ready to pay the piper. Make them all carry insurance that must pay when they or their department is ordered to pay out because of their actions. Not the taxpayers. When they can no longer pay their premiums due to numerous claims against them, they better have another career lined up.

When their departments continue to clear claims of excessive force or brutality, that department needs a good shaking up. Starting at the top. When fellow cops are caught covering for the bad ones, they should be made to pay the same as the one they covered for. Do away with internal affairs, and have a separate entity, not paid for from police funding, review and rule on incidents and complaints.

Until we have unbiased, and open reviews of all relevant information, we will continue to have police departments who cover for their officers and empty statements from those departments telling us how the officer(s) involved acted according to policy and no further action will be taken.

That's what we need. Just my opinion. And of course, a new slogan as you suggested GreyGoo.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Hells Angels in Blue is all the cops are these days. They need a very special "gangland".
a reply to: ArchPlayer

The Hells Angels are more upright than these thugs. I have known several, and ALL of them (that i know) are honorable men.

edit on 27-8-2014 by occrest because: clarification

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: occrest

a reply to: ArchPlayer

The Hells Angels are more upright than these thugs. I have known several, and ALL of them (that i know) are honorable men.

Hell's Angels got a big beef with blacks and some Mexicans. Sounds like the cops or at least the excuse they create.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: GreyGoo

"The police are not here to serve and protect, infact I think they need a new slogan maybe something like oppress and subjugate ? Screw the police."

they already have....

edit on 27-8-2014 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: add pic

edit on 27-8-2014 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
At this point. I can not say I am surprised at all.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: retiredTxn

Nice, he gets a vacation for being a coward. How much are people going to take because they blow? Cattle have more sense.

new topics

top topics

join