It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man with EBOLA symptoms quarantined in INDIA

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
Nexatar is cancer drug.. just to clarify that we are not talking about over the counter medicines.

Its the same with everything , there are special govt. stores which poor people can buy medicines from which are a lot cheaper than the ones sold anywhere else..

Just to clarify.. Bucks are dollars not Rupee. One Indian Rupee is 0.01649 USD.
8,880.00 INR = 146.426 USD but you need to understand that average pay in India is much much less than average pay in US and In India minimum wage is 0.2 US$/hour (20 US cents per hour)

Which is why Medicines in India is a lot cheaper and affordable, Besides people have the tendency to give lower lower income to officials to avoid taxes and get BPL benefits...

The numbers you give as comparison a drug costs between to US and India is useless. GBT per capita 2013 in US was 53,143 and in India 1,499.

Actually not ,the cost of Drugs is considerably a lot lower or sometimes even given free for people who are low income groups . And most people in India may deliberately show low income to the officials to get these special privileges , many who are officially below the poverty line aren't really in poverty.

In India over 20% are living below national poverty line and many in extreme poverty, 67% are living in poverty. 93 million people in India are slum dwellers.
Global research
Poverty

In last 10 years more than 200 million people where elevated from poverty and as time goes on more will come out as well...

The caste system is still very alive in India, old traditions do not die easily. Untouchables so called Dalits are still forced to clean human excrements and about 17% of jobs are held by these Dalits. Daily income for poor people in India is between 26 to 32 Rs.

Dalits are relegated to the bottom of the caste hierarchy. In parts of India, Dalit communities are still denied access to community water sources, served tea in separate cups, barred from entering shops, excluded from temples, and prevented from taking part in community religious and ceremonial functions.

Untouchables

This is the reason i tell you to not follow the nonsense portrayed in the media. These supposed lower caste people are given special benefits while looking for employment or education . Which of course your media will never talk about . Nobody in India cares about caste system anymore .These untouchables are not forced to do anything if they want to study and make a living they are free to do so . Frankly i wish i was an untouchable the kind of benefits i would get while looking for a govt. job and money for education would be great. Its actually the higher caste people who are going to poverty because of this lopsided system. But who cares about them anyway . Folks in the west are apparently taught the BS that everyone rich is higher caste and everyone poor is lower caste ...

Professional urban families often have a “maid”, usually a young migrant woman, who does everything from dusting to child care. Wealthier homes have an entourage stretching from sweeper to housekeeper. Gauri Singh, who runs a maid’s agency in Gurgaon, a city on Delhi’s outskirts, says households with a monthly income of 100,000 rupees ($1,850) or more typically have at least one live-in servant.
This upper class is very annoyed because they don´t find servants so easily anymore as servants now want more paid and importance of education for them has gotten in a way.
Servants needed

Do you have servants ? What about complaining about issue "Hard to find servants, because they want better pay and education?" That's reality in the inequity country of India.

Upper class is annoyed ? lol the kind of things which you people talk about makes me laugh . First of all , everyone has servants that includes the middle class and the lower middle class . These servants often work at multiple homes making a decent income i also happened to give my servants break fast or lunch depending on when she comes to work , btw am from lower middle class . Back when my family was in the city we used to give free breakfast and coffee to the entire family and cloths every time some festival came to our servants..

edit on 29-8-2014 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

Media i mostly use when its about India are from India, others are research and governmental surveys. The next video documentary is done by video volunteers in India about caste issues and problems which are still alive, first video was made 2012.

More about video Volunteers LINK

Actually, I'm not surprised by your response as i personally know a family, which is "better off" in India, there is some sort of decline that these people even exist and refusal to see them.
More about Dalits by Mulnivasi Sangh webpage and regional issues Link

Caste problem is still very alive in India and poor healthcare to poor people. India is not ready for Ebola and all the problems country has, Sanitation is a big issue which alone can lead to serious outcome when a disease like Ebola strikes the country. India is one of the filthiest country on earth.
edit on 29-8-2014 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

Media i mostly use when its about India are from India, others are research and governmental surveys. The next video documentary is done by video volunteers in India about caste issues and problems which are still alive, first video was made 2012.

More about video Volunteers LINK

The caste issues even if they are alive are in remote villages you never see them in day to day life . Nobody these days cares about the caste system. Folks outside India have the bad habit of whining about Caste system in almost every thread even if it is unrelated and link it to something as absurd as an Ebola case..

lol at the Video , if you want to take an example from a video to prove your claims by the same logic i can prove Entire American police is filled with gun totting criminals .

Actually, I'm not surprised by your response as i personally know a family, which is "better off" in India, there is some sort of decline that these people even exist and refusal to see them.
More about Dalits by Mulnivasi Sangh webpage and regional issues Link

People living in India know better about India than those living outside , you have to trust them and not believe what you want to believe lol . I think the problem is you are simply refusing to see or listen to others who speak different than what you believe in .

Caste problem is still very alive in India and poor healthcare to poor people. India is not ready for Ebola and all the problems country has, Sanitation is a big issue which alone can lead to serious outcome when a disease like Ebola strikes the country. India is one of the filthiest country on earth.

Oh wow don't get so frustrated , relax and take a deep breath , meditate and come back when your less angry
lol people and their Delusions
edit on 29-8-2014 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Don´t be upset, I do agree with your sentence " people and their delusions ". This is not about trolling or "being frustrated" ( wondering where that came from ) its about facing the issues in India and social structure which cannot be fixed in couple years considering the amount of people living there. Traditions are not magically vanished by magical snap of fingers. I do understand where you come from but I don´t agree on what you say and that's is my right. Sorry about that, live with it.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
We are fixing our issues one by one little by little , one can either choose to ignore it or choose to see it ..
With the new govt. the pace is going a lot faster than it ever has in last 60 years .

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join