It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man with EBOLA symptoms quarantined in INDIA

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: real_one

originally posted by: CallYourBluff
It's about time god thinned their numbers.

Which god do you pray to and would you say the same if this were to happen in a densely populated city in your country? It seems a lot of people have lost their humanity and see fellow humans as lesser people due to where they are from.

No one deserves to suffer like this.

I pray to no god. I actually prefer the idea of oblivion. I knew someone would bite though.
I see the human race as a selfish self propagating virus and as such couldn't give #.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Is this the same suspected case that I posted about here 2 weeks ago?

Or is this another suspected case in the same city?

And its two other strains that there currently in the Congo:

"I declare an Ebola epidemic in the region of Djera, in the territory of Boende in the province of Equateur," Kabange Numbi told a news conference.

The region lies about 1,200 km (750 miles) north of the capital Kinshasa.

Numbi said that one of the two cases that tested positive was for the Sudanese strain of the disease, while the other was a mixture between the Sudanese and the Zaire strain -- the most lethal variety. The outbreak in West Africa that has killed at least 1,427 people in West Africa since March is the Zaire strain.

source.

Credit to loam for the above.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

This is resident of Maharashtra's Palghar district the other was from Chennai if i read it right.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: CallYourBluff

well if you think we(humans) are a selfish self propagating virus , you should consider that this includes you . You are actually not contributing to this threat and all you do is stirring up # !!

SAD to see you feeling like this

armakirais

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7
Oh dear! I hope not, not only for Indians themselves, but for the numbers who live over here and go back and forward visiting family.

Soon we will have to have a blanket over our air and sea incoming if it spreads to India.

I cannot understand how supposedly rich countries that have nucler bombs cannot spend some of their money on public toilets and sanitation. If it spreads to these countries, their nuclear weapons will be as redundant as they were when they first acquired them.

Don't blame the rich Western countries. India isn't that poor, they have a $1.3 billion space program.
rt.com...

What happens is that the educated people in India have influence over where money is spent, while the peasants and poor have absolutely no voice to demand improvements. Even if money is put in their direction, the bureaucrats grab it for their own neighborhoods, especially since infrastructure is that dilapidated.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Do we know how long it will take for the results to come back ? It would be not a good thing to have Ebola in India !

As i said before I think we will see more and more cases around the world . It is just a matter of time ! The question is what can we individually do to protect ourselves ?

armakirais

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
More:

The Brihanmumbai municipal corporation (BMC) geared up to create additional provision for beds after receiving an alert from the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport of a flight transporting over 100 passengers from Liberia, one of the four countries in West Africa currently facing the ongoing epidemic infection of the Ebola virus.

According to acting executive health officer (EHO) at BMC, Dr Shreedhar Kubal, immediate action plan was drawn in anticipation of the expected passengers.

“We are isolating 120 beds specially for these passengers. We have been told that 116 passengers are suspected of an Ebola exposure.”
BMC’s additional municipal commissioner Sanjay Deshmukh said, “While a facility for 120 passengers is being mobilised, we expect that around 20 would need to get quarantined. Not all of them are infected with the virus.”

BMC on Ebola alert as flight with over 100 passengers from Liberia headed for Mumbai

Yikes!

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

WOW is all I can say !!! is this a commercial flight ? WHY WOULD ANY COUNTRY LET 116 passenger who are suspected to had an exposure to Ebola land ? Maybe I am missing something ??

armakirais

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

See this is what gets me on this story. Super happy they are getting beds ready for everyone, but seriously....beds? And what about all the people in the originating airport? I guess they are not really anything to worry about.....

I don't like the reports on how this is being handled by any of the agencies saying they are handling it.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
UPDATE:

Suspected Ebola virus patient tests negative

The blood test report of the 32-year-old Ebola suspect who was quarantined at Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation run Jogeshwari Trauma Hospital on Sunday has brought a sigh of relief to the state and civic health officials. In less than 24-hours, the National Institute of Virology in Pune where the samples were sent, has confirmed that the Vasai resident has not got the Ebola virus infection.

Hope that's true.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

Didn't Dr. Brantly initially test negative, as did Sierra Leonne's lead researcher, and the Congolese, as well as many others?

There are more initial false negatives, than positives.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I believe these tests aren´t 100% right, they have tested patients negative and released them and patients have died and tested positive later..
edit on 25-8-2014 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
That would be very good news
. However , the plane still concerns me !

armakirais

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
You are all right about the false negative testing.

One thing I wondered about was how rapidly the results returned. Still trying to get a good source to describe how testing is actually done and the time frames involved.
edit on 25-8-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

Yes , i agree testing results were very fast . Please let us know if you find out anything

armakirais

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
The problem is that there are too many diseases with the same symptoms that overlap. We can not be sure if it is or is not. However, if it is, then India will not be hit as hard as some would suspect.

The main reason is how the dead are disposed of. They cremate the dead, rather than bury such. So if there was an outbreak, it would probably be taken care of very quickly.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: dollukka
Whoa.
A really bad place to have ebola get started.
No swipe at the Indian people, but there certainly are a lot of issues with hygiene and sanitation there.

Political correctness around the world is about to be put into check by this disease. When you poop in the same place you bath and drink you are gonna have issues eventually.

Maybe this will help them finally get a grip on the filth.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Testing for Ebola is done at the CDC. According to a CDC spokesperson, testing for Ebola takes one to two days after they receive the samples. "Many things cause fever and gastrointestinal symptoms," ABC News' Dr. Richard Besser cautions. "The steps they are taking are wise given the travel history, but nothing about the symptoms is specific to Ebola."

LINK
Other sources talks about a day, i guess it depends how far the testing lab is.. These samples are delivered with maximum care means that they most likely uses government helicopters for it.
But they do tests these patients with other viruses as well, dengue fever and malaria. So the one problem might be that some of the patients are actually struggling with both Ebola and something else, when they give all clear for them.
Tests don´t seem to be reliable.

edit on 25-8-2014 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

(post by CallYourBluff removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Somewhere on ATS on Monday I saw a report from Indian Express with this headline:

"BMC on Ebola alert as flight with over 100 passengers from Liberia headed for Mumbai"

indianexpress.com... bola/

So, this morning I went to that website and found an updated report. Here's an excerpt, with a link to that one:

As many as 112 Indian nationals suspected to have been exposed to the Ebola virus are expected to land in Mumbai from Liberia on seven different flights Tuesday. Civic authorities, meanwhile, are busy creating an isolation facility in a suburban hospital.

According to a spokesperson for the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (CSIA), the seven flights are carrying Indians evacuated from Liberia by the Indian embassy. Liberia is one of the four countries in West Africa affected by the Ebola virus.

While three flights will be diverted via Delhi, the remaining four will reach Mumbai directly at different times on Tuesday. All the flights are originating from Johannesburg.

The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) is preparing 120 beds after it received an alert from the CSIA.

indianexpress.com...

Seven different flights? What's up with that? The first report said one, now this one says more. Unless they had a layover? But why split up all these passengers between seven different jets? Doesn't this make the transmission of Ebola more likely?

And why would they say about 20 would need to be quarantined? Until the Ebola tests are completed, which could take several days, they all need to be quarantined.

I've seen many reports of suspected Ebola cases that proved negative, but only one or two at a time. For only 20 out of a group of more than 100 seems to be wishful thinking imo. I would say that with over 100, at least half are likely to have it.

Don't forget about all the people who came into contact with them from when they were in Africa to when they boarded these jets.

This keeps getting worse.

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Tue Aug 26 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: EX TAGS ADDED, quote shortened.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join