It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man with EBOLA symptoms quarantined in INDIA

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

That is very poor decision to bring that many people who might be exposed to Ebola back, and only 20 to be quarantined. Of course they will take a close look at the others, but something doesn´t add up in this. 7 different planes might be due the reason that they don´t want them all to come back at the same time, so the return would go smoothly without a "rush" in airport and hospital. Or there is another reason, maybe they are so sick that they can´t sit so there is a need for more space in the airplane.
According to WHO

To date, more than 240 health care workers have developed the disease in Guinea, Liberia, Nigeria, and Sierra Leone, and more than 120 have died.

LINK

edit on 26-8-2014 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

That is very poor decision to bring that many people who might be exposed to Ebola back, and only 20 to be quarantined. Of course they will take a close look at the others, but something doesn´t add up in this. 7 different planes might be due the reason that they don´t want them all to come back at the same time, so the return would go smoothly without a "rush" in airport and hospital. Or there is another reason, maybe they are so sick that they can´t sit so there is a need for more space in the airplane.
According to WHO

To date, more than 240 health care workers have developed the disease in Guinea, Liberia, Nigeria, and Sierra Leone, and more than 120 have died.

LINK

That report doesn't say if there were other passengers flying on the same planes. I would hope those on board would be restricted to patients only, plus health care workers. With protective gear, of course.

I tried to watch the video but the link didn't work. Could you post it again please? Thanks!

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Just push the play button on video, video is embedded directly from YouTube.
Just in case LINK Youtube

Now i wish i could understand what this news are saying...

Ebola Fear: 6 Nigeria Returned Indians Quarantined at Delhi Airport, 85 Indians Clear Test - TV9

Testings already done... so i believe in Africa, about 20 are sick and tested positive..

More

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

There's no way they can do Ebola tests that fast. Something's not right here.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune

There's no way they can do Ebola tests that fast. Something's not right here.

Nothing seems right here.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Ebola in India: 6 Passengers Show Symptoms, Isolated at Delhi Airportwww.ibtimes.co.in...

Scary that they just let the rest proceed to immigration.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
hmm so 6 showing signs ! my question is how did they got the test results so fast ?

armakirais

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
They're relying on differential diagnosis because I sincerely doubt they have they ability to sequence the virus in irder to have a positive certainty.

More about the passengers:

The first group of 20 passengers arrived on board South African Airways flight SA 284 at 5 am from Liberia via Johannesburg and were cleared by the APHO team after screening under supervision of health ministry officials. None of them showed any symptoms of Ebola or had a history of contact with anybody afflicted with the disease, MIAL said.

After disembarkation of all the passengers the aircraft were disinfected by the APHO teams.

This was followed by another batch of 46 Indians from Liberia who arrived by Ethopian Airline flight ET 610 soon after.

These passengers were also cleared after going through all the precautionary checks and screening, MIAL officials said.

19 others who came from Nigeria were also screened by APHO team for EVD and cleared, they added.

Six persons quarantined at Delhi airport: Six people including two women and a child who arrived at the Delhi airport here today from and around the Ebola-hit Liberia, were quarantined and taken for further tests.

The people have been taken to a designated hospital where they will be monitored for any symptoms for the virus and tests will be conducted, officials said.

India
85 indians back from Ebola-hit countries

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

If they truly didn't believe those on the first jet didn't have or were exposed to Ebola, why was the jet disinfected?

What's up with 85? They were saying at first that over 100 people may have been exposed to Ebola. Where did they go?

Did they drop off the face of the Earth?

Did the Easter Bunny spirit them away to a magical place? (pardon my sarcasm)

Tptb aren't being honest about this. It would seem that countries all over the world are doing their best to downplay this threat. I'm getting po'd about this. Really.

It takes time for Ebola tests to be done. Period.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
We have a problem with Sanitation not the health sector , Urban areas in India have plenty of hospitals and plenty of Skilled Doctors here to Deal with the problem , remember that Westerners come to India for treatment due to low cost.

We have around a total of 7,00,000 Doctors so it should not be a problem as long as those infected are Quarantined. Though if it gets out in the open and spreads like wild fire i Doubt even the entire world can do much ...

Sure we have problems but we are not really in the Medieval ages , the equipments are there to deal with the problem...

edit on 27-8-2014 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
from the article in the OP:

Shetty said there is no need to panic as Ebola infection can only happen if there is a close contact with those infected

I suppose the ebola man didn't touch anyone while in the plane and in the airport????

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

That's a one doctor to over 1700 people. Sure its better than in Liberia. The ugly truth is that there is poor access to decent healthcare to most of the people. There is huge corruption present in the health care system and privatization when prices get even higher. The Indian state is unable to give its citizen affordable care. Hospitals aren't only overcharging for the services they provide, they also bill for supplies and services, which a patient didn’t require. Average Joes are ripped off there and sure they will try to seek affordable care which is not where doctors are.
Messed up healthcare system and caste system.. you should expect the worse to happen.

Westerners coming to there should somehow proof the quality of healthcare in general in India?.. NO there are private clinics who serve westerners, cosmetic surgery, etc. Are wanted by westerners because its cheaper in there and that doesn´t render thruth what is really going on in Indian health care.

Just for comparison, there is on average 3,4 doctors for 1000 people in EU.
edit on 27-8-2014 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe
I noticed this fall off of news too.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: stargazer29609

Kinda suspicious ain´t it? Seems that western news didn´t post this situation in India at all, only Indian sources did.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I've been sorta paying attention to this. Honestly, I wasn't too worried until now. I figured maybe it's just someting to keep us distracted and scared. If it's really as bad as it seems though, then it moving to India is about to make things a lot worse.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Now in india
Health Minister tracking 821 passengers for Ebola in INDIA LINK

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

It takes time for Ebola tests to be done. Period.

It depends on what tests are being done.

One of the first things TPTB talked about was thermal cameras to detect if anyone had raised temperatures indicative that they had a virus.

So the tests could be as simple as taking a persons temperature, which of course is about as much use as a chocolate teapot if they are in the very early stages of infection.

But you can't have everyone in the airport being tested thoroughly, that would slow down the numbers of flights and effect profits.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

That's a one doctor to over 1700 people. Sure its better than in Liberia. The ugly truth is that there is poor access to decent healthcare to most of the people. There is huge corruption present in the health care system and privatization when prices get even higher. The Indian state is unable to give its citizen affordable care. Hospitals aren't only overcharging for the services they provide, they also bill for supplies and services, which a patient didn’t require. Average Joes are ripped off there and sure they will try to seek affordable care which is not where doctors are.

Did you hear all this nonsense in your western media channels or did half of the stuff you told were made up as you were typing it ? There is corruption in health care everywhere . Some westerners have been given this impression that everything east of the western world is corrupt and uncivilized its quiet apparent from the media and replies of people here on ATS.Govt health care in India is extremely cheap and medicines are given at an extremely cheaper rates as compared to western companies to much anger and whining from western companies .Especially to the low income groups . the facilities owned by the govt. and states provide affordable health care to low income families.
I can give you examples of specific medicines and their cost in US and EU and their cost in India

For example the Drug Nexavar costs Rs.2,84,000 in U.S compared to Rs8880 in India , this pretty much shows

Messed up healthcare system and caste system.. you should expect the worse to happen.

Caste System ? lol where does that come into the picture ? i suggest you avoid that topic before you end up Embarrassing yourself . as for health care system I'd rather be in India and pay 8000 bucks for my medicine than pay 2,84,000 in the supposedly superior health care system in the west

Westerners coming to there should somehow proof the quality of healthcare in general in India?.. NO there are private clinics who serve westerners, cosmetic surgery, etc. Are wanted by westerners because its cheaper in there and that doesn´t render thruth what is really going on in Indian health care.

Westerners are coming to India to escape the over prised health care system in the west especially due to the greed of the pharmaceutical industries and not to mention govt. which follows the line of the corporates, Obamacare being a stellar example. There are quality hospitals and cheap health care in this country available for all and not only to westerners . Indian Health care is not where it should be but from your replies and from this thread one would think we are worse than Africa . We have the doctors ,equipment and facilities to handle Ebola cases.. Am not saying India has good health care, just asking folks to forget everything stated by the western media ...

Just for comparison, there is on average 3,4 doctors for 1000 people in EU.

Those are developed countries who have been independent a lot longer than India has . We have been around only for 60 odd years and the progress so far is pretty good .No doubt we have light years to go but people here make it sound like we are in the bottom of the barrel while we are clearly not .
edit on 28-8-2014 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: GrimReaper86

Umm, check the yearly deaths form Malaria , flu Jaundice and compare that to Ebola . TPTB are preparing the peoples mind for something or its a big distraction ...

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

For example the Drug Nexavar costs Rs.2,84,000 in U.S compared to Rs8880 in India , this pretty much shows

Nexatar is cancer drug.. just to clarify that we are not talking about over the counter medicines.

health care system I'd rather be in India and pay 8000 bucks for my medicine than pay 2,84,000

Just to clarify.. Bucks are dollars not Rupee. One Indian Rupee is 0.01649 USD.
8,880.00 INR = 146.426 USD but you need to understand that average pay in India is much much less than average pay in US and In India minimum wage is 0.2 US$/hour (20 US cents per hour)

The numbers you give as comparison a drug costs between to US and India is useless. GBT per capita 2013 in US was 53,143 and in India 1,499.
In India over 20% are living below national poverty line and many in extreme poverty, 67% are living in poverty. 93 million people in India are slum dwellers.
Global research
Poverty

The caste system is still very alive in India, old traditions do not die easily. Untouchables so called Dalits are still forced to clean human excrements and about 17% of jobs are held by these Dalits. Daily income for poor people in India is between 26 to 32 Rs.

Dalits are relegated to the bottom of the caste hierarchy. In parts of India, Dalit communities are still denied access to community water sources, served tea in separate cups, barred from entering shops, excluded from temples, and prevented from taking part in community religious and ceremonial functions.

Untouchables

Professional urban families often have a “maid”, usually a young migrant woman, who does everything from dusting to child care. Wealthier homes have an entourage stretching from sweeper to housekeeper. Gauri Singh, who runs a maid’s agency in Gurgaon, a city on Delhi’s outskirts, says households with a monthly income of 100,000 rupees ($1,850) or more typically have at least one live-in servant.
This upper class is very annoyed because they don´t find servants so easily anymore as servants now want more paid and importance of education for them has gotten in a way.
Servants needed

Do you have servants ? What about complaining about issue "Hard to find servants, because they want better pay and education?" That's reality in the inequity country of India.
edit on 28-8-2014 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join