It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth Bound Coronal Mass Ejection, Major Earthquake Warning (not by USGS)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
This is not a USGS issued warning, but from the youtubers that keep an eye on solar activity.

Some of the youtubers I watch, that report on Solar activity, are saying that a couple of days ago there was a M Class magnitude 8 Solar Flare followed by a Massive Earth directed Coronal Mass Ejection (CME). And they are saying the pressure from the CME caused the equakes in Napa and in Peru.

We were hit with the first wave of the CME yesterday, and it is supposed to grow in intensity and strength over the next few days. They are warning that the ring of fire could really be impacted by this. I am concerned with the drought, a little too much pressure could really cause problems on the empty aquifer's.

I am only sharing their warning. Not debating weather they are qualified to make these assessments.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Cannot watch videos currently so are they implying a possible Carrington Event or something a little less severe? The sun gives us life I always imagined it had something to do with truly regulating the space around it. Like being able to detect and react to negative energies or materials. Like the activities of our species, polluting and destroying despite the great beauty we've created.

Yikes, the media tells us viruses, EMPs and people going back to the days of the rushlight and vinegar. Must be a combination of many factors getting ready to set us straight.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Well I thank your youtube buddies for the heads up on the CME's incoming, but there is NO correlation between CME activity and earthquakes. This has been discussed before several times on ATS.
Here is a great thread with lots of information by a well respected member of ATS.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 24-8-2014 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-8-2014 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Not worried about the earthquake thing, but am hoping for some northern lights.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I like seeing what BP earthwatch says. Some of his stuff does come out right, but most turns out not to effect us as much as he predicts. It's still interesting to watch.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Noticed STEREO had these images from earlier today.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: RyanDaniel

I'm no expert so I'll just say: Is that considered a bad one?

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
a reply to: RyanDaniel

I'm no expert so I'll just say: Is that considered a bad one?

From SpaceWeather.com

MINOR STORM WARNING: A CME is heading for Earth. The relatively slow-moving storm cloud left the sun on Aug. 22nd and looks like it will take 4 days to cross the sun-Earth divide. NOAA forecasters estimate a 15% to 20% chance of polar geomagetic storms on Aug. 26-27 when the CME arrives.

I guess not considering they don't even mention the one above from August 24th, although I must say it certainly looks big to me. I like to view the SOHO images time to time, but I am no expert either.

SpaceWeather.com
edit on 8/24/2014 by RyanDaniel because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/24/2014 by RyanDaniel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

Im very glad to hear that.

I live in California, pretty much on top of the Juan De fuca, fault line, between 2 volcano's (Shasta and Lassen), 9 miles from a superfund site (Iron Mt Mine) and under Shasta Dam, and Whiskey Lake Dam. And My house sits next to the Sacramento River. I grew up in So. California, and lived through some real rock and roll quakes.

So, I try to keep an eye on the equake information.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Back in 2010, that was the current thinking, but if you'll take a glance at this current reference there are clearly some serious scientists who are questioning and offering a different view.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: aboutface

Back in 2010, that was the current thinking, but if you'll take a glance at this current reference there are clearly some serious scientists who are questioning and offering a different view.

Ancient history huh? Way back in the year 2010. That is one mans blog, about his theory called tectonic uplift. Not going to be enough evidence to change my mind.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
From SolarHam.net:

A moderately strong M5.9 solar flare was surprisingly observed Sunday morning at 12:17 UTC around region 2151 located in the southeast quadrant near the east limb. The event was eruptive and a coronal mass ejection became visible soon after in the latest LASCO coronagraph imagery. Because of the location near the east limb, the plasma cloud is likely directed to the east and away from Earth. A CME tracking model released by the Goddard Space Flight Center confirms this. There should be little to no impact on our geomagnetic field.

Here is the model:
CME model

Looks like a possible glancing blow.
edit on 8/24/2014 by iamhobo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Haha, I thought that would make you react. All teasing aside, although it is one man's blog, it was presented at a major conference of seismologists this spring, so I wait with baited breath for the general body of geologists to react, knowing it sometimes takes a while for theories to break through.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: aboutface
This "theory" has been floating around for quite a while. The trouble is, the evidence does not support it. Solar activity follows a cycle of about 11 years. Do earthquakes? Nope.

We do however, see many examples of the "shower syndrome."

All teasing aside, although it is one man's blog, it was presented at a major conference of seismologists this spring
Not exactly. Not really "major." The NCGT is a rather small, fringe group which doesn't like plate tectonics. They have backslapping get togethers and put out a newsletter. www.ncgt.org...
edit on 8/25/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

Empty Aquifers? Youtubers? Ring of fire? CME?

I don't even know why I opened this post.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I realize EQs occur all the time, but I am still looking to learn the ratio of mag 7+ quakes happening around the time of a coronal mass ejection hitting earth in relation to other 7s where there is no sunspot activity.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: aboutface
Read the thread(s). There are more CMEs during solar max but there are not more earthquakes. This means you are more likely to see an earthquake follow a CME however it does not mean there are more earthquakes which is what you would see if solar activity had an influence on earthquakes.

Shower syndrome.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

We were hit with the first wave of the CME yesterday, and it is supposed to grow in intensity and strength over the next few days.

We were hit by nothing yesterday (or today).
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
I live in California, pretty much on top of the Juan De fuca, fault line, between 2 volcano's (Shasta and Lassen), 9 miles from a superfund site (Iron Mt Mine) and under Shasta Dam, and Whiskey Lake Dam. And My house sits next to the Sacramento River.

Why dont you move? And, really, the local government allows you to build in such a seismically active area?

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Cinrad

I dont move because, my whole fam damily lives here, for generations, so it is harder to uproot and move your whole clan. We are earthquake ready (as much as possible). But, it would be hard for me to leave my 85 year old mom, great great nieces and nephews (small children) to survive by themselves. So, I stay.
I think this was populated, before a lot was known about equake faults.
But, you are right, we need to get out of here. Easier said than done.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join