It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC Cameraman Interrogated by FBI for 10 Hours After Catching "ROD" (insect) on Camera

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
This is a clip of a news broadcast from August 22, 2014 - NBC (KSN) Cameraman, Brandon Mallory, shot the footage in 2002. He says he didn't notice the object when filming, but when he went back to edit the video he just happened to pause it on one of the seven frames that it was in. His television station called the police who then notified the FBI. He then claims he was "hooked up to little wires" for hours and was submitted to a polygraph. The object in the film goes behind a cloud that is estimated to be 5,000 ft in the air.

Source

edit on 23-8-2014 by FearYourMind because: TYPO

edit on 23-8-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Wonder why....either it was a classified military project or ET...no one is questioned for hours by the FBI for a 'hoax'

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

Agreed. The FBI's interest raises red flags. I mean, you would think a lot more people would be interrogated considering the amount of "UFO Rod" videos there are out there.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
These "rod" things are quite easy to catch on high speed cameras, which leads me to be believe they are insects flying close to the camera lense. It is strange that this guy would be interrogated for so long, but this was back in 2002 and he may have been one of the first people to capture the phenomena on film.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
It's a bug.

if a bug is flying about 10 times its own length during the 1/60 second exposure time. As the bug flies in front of the cloud, it would be blocking any given small section of the cloud for only about 10% of the exposure time. That is, the camera is "seeing" that piece of the cloud for 90% of the exposure time, and the bug for the other 10%, which is to say that the "rod" would be 90% transparent. (Actually, refraction around a small roundish bug would increase the amount of cloud-reflected light reaching the camera, so the streak would appear to be even more that 90% transparent.)

video debunked

conclusion on rods
edit on 23-8-2014 by kicked because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2014 by kicked because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: FearYourMind

any credible evidence of FBI involvement in the case ?

PS - the claims of a random guy who believes in " rods " is not credible

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

any credible evidence of FBI involvement in the case ?

PS - the claims of a random guy who believes in " rods " is not credible

Who is this "random guy" you are talking about? The cameraman or me? Because neither claimed to believe anything, so I'm not sure what you are talking about. As far as the FBI involvement goes, I made sure to use the words "He claims" up there in the post.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
First the silly one.

Then an explanation of how the effect happens.

So birds and insects.
And just because this one is cool.

edit on 23-8-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Yeah, I don't think this post is about the video as much as it is about the FBI involvement, but thanks. I think we can all agree the video is crappy and not much to look at.
edit on 23-8-2014 by FearYourMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC
Wonder why....either it was a classified military project or ET...no one is questioned for hours by the FBI for a 'hoax'

Sometimes they just have nothing better to do.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Why would a news station call the FBI over some streak in a video?
If I worked there and saw that I would have just kept on going about my day and chuckled a bit about it at most. But then for the FBI to actually go out of their way makes this even more unbelievable.

How does a FBI agent not take one look at that garbage and tell the news station they have better things to do? This is 2002, not 1951. UFOs on video had been around for decades and this one is nothing compared to a lot of the classics. This is nothing.

So, not only does someone at the FBI find it interesting enough to investigate, but they decide to give the guy a polygraph? Why? Is it really so compelling that they thought this guy hoaxed it? LMAO. Either we have some real idiots employed at the FBI or they were convinced this was either Alien or a Military Threat. How they would see this smudge a threat....I DON'T KNOW.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   

So crappy and not much to look at the FBI interrogated a guy for 10 hours over it, right? Do you see the disconnect in your logic here?

Could it be possible someone is lying, and the FBI never interrogated anyone over this footage? I'm thinking so.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

Could it be possible someone is lying, and the FBI never interrogated anyone over this footage? I'm thinking so.

But according to Rense.com, the FBI expert says it was genuine...

So now we know the video is genuine, but now is this expert talking about the video or object. Also the fact that Rense ran with the story makes one wonder the validity of it.

And the fact this happened 12 years ago makes it a bit odd that the video is just now being talked about...someone looking for their 15 minutes of fame I think.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   

so after reading this thread, the conclusion is

FBI doesn't know that ROD phenomena are insects ?

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
1. FBI is not going to do that for a bug on the video.

2. Just because a person could stretch and try to list things that could explain something: DOES NOT MAKE THE OBJECT THAT THING.

3. Its not a bug!

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   

if I really need to tell you that the " random guy " is the idiot making the claims in the vid - then its time to give up .

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

any evidence that the FBI did anything ?

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Has it ever occurred to anyone that the US gov maybe many years into a study on these rod type UFOs and they know one when they see one?

Seems to me they just wanted to add the footage to there investigation/achieve but first needed to confirm it wasn't hoaxed

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
File a FOIA request for the FBI's report. There will be none, confirming that the entire thing was a [HOAX!]

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I thought 'rods' were bugs that showed up in a strange way on film due to a trick of the camera. This video says that the rod went behind a cloud at 5,000 feet. Did it go behind the cloud or was the rod the same color of the cloud and the news person just thought it did?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join