It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harry Reid’s Joke to Asians: You’re Not Smarter Than Everyone Else

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
First, I like to say, I did again use our Search Function Option with No Results at all.
With that being said.

I put this in the Politicians & Peoples Section for this reason, That was an entire race of peoples
The Elitist Harry Reid was talking to. Yes they're Asian's and yes they Value a Good Education
and Push their Children to Earn a Better Education Than Themselves, But from Harry Reid
Comments I have to think he's Jealous or maybe a little Racist,,,,, I say Racist, only because if this
Was a Republican,,,, The Major News Outlets and the Media would be All Over it!

So,,, He also has a problem with Asian last names, our family name and he disrespects our Family name,
with a Joke, he as poor advisory's, you do not disrespect an Asians Family Name.
Maybe that's why in the end they did the Right thing and didn't Give Their Support to the Democratic Party's
Representative.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid drew laughter from an Asian audience Thursday with a pair of Asian-themed jokes.

“I don’t think you’re smarter than anybody else, but you’ve convinced a lot of us you are,” Reid, a Nevada Democrat, told the guffawing crowd at the Las Vegas Asian Chamber of Commerce. Video of the remarks was recorded by the Republican opposition research group American Rising.

Later, before walking off stage, Reid quipped: “One problem that I’ve had today is keeping my Wongs straight.”

The group decided against backing the Reid-endorsed Democratic candidate for Lieutenant Governor, Lucy Flores, supporting Republican Mark Hutchison instead, the Las Vegas Review-Journal reports.

Link to Reid's a Fool

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Not only is he the worst Majority Leader ever.

He's not funny and soon to be completely irrelevant.

I hope you were not too offended.

Please consider the source. I apologize on his behalf to your Family.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Not only is he the worst Majority Leader ever.

He's not funny and soon to be completely irrelevant.

I hope you were not too offended.

Please consider the source. I apologize on his behalf to your Family.

OH, Thank You So Very Much,,, I understand the Source, My relatives in Nevada were surprised though any Politician looking for monetary support from a singular Race of People, would be So Stupid!
I will Pass on your Gracious Apology.

They had already made up their minds not to support the Democrat but they did have an Open Mind. Many other Families wanted to hear all the options and had not made their decisions on what Party they wanted to support.
They were Curious, who was going to concentrate on Education and Law Enforcement and Community growth. You could say, Community, which is Very Important the Asian Family.
After Reid's little comment about them thinking they were smarter than any one else and about the Family name, WELL!
All Open Minds Closed very Quickly, I might add!

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Well let's face it, the Democrats can say and get away with about anything and that includes the media.
Any one here heard of Governor Nikki Haley?
I believe she has had her unfair share of racial attacks from the Left and the Media.
Because her parents immigrated legally from India a reported asked her once if she gave Sikh cab drivers a better tip
than other cab drivers, now I ask you, is racist or not.

I believe a certain Democrat by the name of Harpootlian also made a comment about sending her back to where ever it is she came from, sounds a lot like a Racist comment due to her Indian back ground to me and others.
I believe he also said she was Adolf Hitler's mistress, Move Over Harry Reid, You have some Competition,,,,another Idiot
Democrat Elitist has Spoken!!
OH, Can I show a source,,,, give me just one Second,,,,, Done.
The Huff
How about Hagel, does he look like he's Joking, Why does the News out lets say he's joking?

Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel silenced a roomful of attendees at a speech on Wednesday when he joked that an Indian member of his audience might be a member of the Taliban.
The embarrassing incident occurred during a question and answer session following Hagel’s policy speech at the University of Nebraska in Omaha.
‘You’re not a member of the Taliban, are you?’ Hagel asked as he waited for the next question from the audience.

Link

Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid apologized on Saturday for saying the race of Barack Obama – whom he described as a "light skinned" African-American "with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one" – would help rather than hurt his eventual presidential bid.

HUFF
You could try this site:
Democrat

“A few years ago, this guy would have been getting us coffee,” Clinton is quoted as saying in “Game Change,” by John Heilemann and Mark Halperin.

NYPOST
Just a few,,, but mostly unreported.

edit on 22-8-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: guohua

Because everyone knows that liberals cannot be racist.

Funny...if a conservative said the exact same things his petard would be hoisted.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

“I don’t think you’re smarter than anybody else, but you’ve convinced a lot of us you are,” Reid, a Nevada Democrat, told the guffawing crowd at the Las Vegas Asian Chamber of Commerce.

Says Reid !!

The group decided against backing the Reid-endorsed Democratic candidate for Lieutenant Governor, Lucy Flores, supporting Republican Mark Hutchison instead

Says The Smarter ones !!!

Looks like Harry is the one doing the *Not So* "convincing"

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
What difference does it make?

Unless you're Asian. Then its different.

(sarcasm)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Just curious. If the audience was offended why were they laughing ? When people feel offended they usually
respond with hostility. So what is your understanding for the laughter ? Are they just being polite ?
Thanks

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: dazbog
Just curious. If the audience was offended why were they laughing ? When people feel offended they usually
respond with hostility. So what is your understanding for the laughter ? Are they just being polite ?
Thanks

IMO,

They already were well aware that Reid is a Class A Klutz.

And I bet many already knew that they were going to back the Republican.

Harry has been visible in Nevada for decades.

Harry has apologized I think I heard.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: guohua

I just wish progressives (like Reid) would simply come clean and embrace their racism and hatred and intolerance of anyone different from themselves.

Their laws that they want to pass clearly show their level of intolerance.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Thanks

They laughed and then backed Reid's candidate's opponent. 'Nuff said.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677

Thanks

They laughed and then backed Reid's candidate's opponent. 'Nuff said.

" Nuff said " ? I suppose I should of been more specific. My question should of been asked of Guohua who believes the comment/ joke was an affront to him and the Asian's in attendance.
Yes they laughed ! I want to know WHY if they found his joke in bad taste. Although I appreciate your input bb
I was looking for a cultural connection. surely you are not suggesting minus his poor taste in humor they would of voted for him ? We both know that is more then likely not the case . Guohue posted the vid of Hagal
" Your not a member of the Taliban are you ? " Utter and complete silence from the audience. They knew he screwed the pooch

Mr. Guohue was the laughter a cultural response to allow this clown to save face ? I'd honestly like to know your thoughts. Thank You.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: dazbog

I understand. But unless you talk to those in attendance everything else is just guessing. What we know is they listened, laughed and voted the other way. Perhaps they laughed to be polite, perhaps they found it funny. It's just guessing....

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
The worst part of this website is how many posts start out with an explanation of how they searched the subject on the forums prior to posting.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
harry reid says something dumb..

clap clap clap.

personally backing reid on the basis he's a democrat is stupid partisan politics.

I'd only vote for him (if he was in my district) because he's not GOP, and therefore a lesser evil.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

>reid
>progressive

please bezzer. try to bait harder...

next you're going to say someone like Mitch McConnell is a conservative libertarian or something.

oh wait; this is a circlejerk thread
edit on 25-8-2014 by NonsensicalUserName because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: NonsensicalUserName

Nothing wrong with that! I am a conservative libertarian progressive.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I think Harry's joke and the others you guys posted are hilarious. People on all sides need to lighten-up.

I don't like Harry but thumbs up for making me snicker

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: skoalman88
The worst part of this website is how many posts start out with an explanation of how they searched the subject on the forums prior to posting.

Yeah it is a bit of walking on egg shells.

Anyway, Harry Reid is corrupt and mentally unstable. He should have been forced to resign long ago, and locked up in a mental asylum. ~$heopleNation

top topics

<<   2 >>

join