It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Norse and Salishan Native Americans both prophesied about a coming wild canine.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

Coyote is a trickster figure. I don't think Fenrir is a trickster figure. In Norse mythology, Loki is the Norse trickster figure. Despite the fact that Trickster sometimes does funny things, his purpose isn't comic relief. Trickster teaches humans lessons hence Joe Cullooyah's statement. Trickster stories are to be taken very seriously and in some (or all) Native American tribes are to be told only in the winter.

Fenrir and Loki are both bound until the day of Ragnarok. They are released at the same time due to a violent earthquake. The Norse trickster figure appears at the same moment as the wolf. The association with the coyote trickster still works.

Loki is bound on top of three stones...until the onset of Ragnarök.

en.wikipedia.org...

The earth and mountains will shake so violently that the trees will come loose from the soil, the mountains will topple, and all restraints will break, causing Fenrir to break free from his bonds.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
Wow you managed to demonize both native americans and african americans in one op.

I see Fenrir or the Coyote as the good guy of the Salishan Native Americans. He's the trickster that teaches lessons. He rivals the Norse gods. That's what I'm saying. Maybe they were once two rival clans from the same region.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ElohimJD
Im guessing from your name you got this information from someone who wanted to believe that Scandinavians were gods chosen people. First actual king of Denmark Gorm Gamli.

Please explain how your tribe of dan went from speaking a semitic language into an indo-european one. Please explain where the vowels in old norse would have had to suddenly appear from. Please explain why the "masters of the sea" didnt even have sails until right before the viking age, despite them existing in southern europe forever.

Mark does not mean mark!! It means Land! How can say things you dont even understand? What vikings blowing horn of ragnarok?! Ragnarok is noted by 3 seasons of winter in a row which hasnt happened! And the maya calendar doesnt end, it goes tens of thousands of years into the future. You dont know what you're talking about!!

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I have read some theories that Tyr in the early myths was actually either was the highest god, even higher than Odin or simply was another name for Oding (tyr means god). Some of the early traits for Tyr was later on passed over to the more popular Odin and he was reduced to one of the Allfathers sons. Im sorry I cant recall where I read this but it is mentioned in this wiki-link.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

And I do not know if I missunderstan the years RlohimJD is talking about because you cant say Odin was a human 1000 years ago?? If so, why is his name in myths much older than that??

Another not so talked about god is Heimdall, who some say are either connected to, or is the representative of Yggdrasil, the world tree. Yggdrasil could be what we see as the Milkyway and I read sonewhere that Heimdall could be a "sky god" and not from Asgard. He is connected to both gold and giving wisdom to humans A sky god who likes gold and gives wisdom to humans... I dont wanna say Anunnaki so I wont.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Here is another possibility:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I saw that thread just pop up and it reminded me of this thread.

Perhaps these are all just signs.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Floke

Tyr predates Odin. Heimdall in Norse mythology is the guardian of Asgard and an offspring of Odin.

www.northernway.org...

Lord Tyr, Sky God, War God, God of the North

Who art thou, Lord Tyr?
Sky God
War God
Tyr
Tiw
Tiwaz
Teiva
Ziu
Zio
Husband of Isis?
God of the Lefthand Path
He who giveth his right hand for the salvation of the world

Sword, shield and horn marked with Tyr rune in the ancient way of the warrior"Tyr is considered one of the oldest of the Gods. His name can be traced back to the original Indo-European Sky Father Dyevs, the Shining One. He has been associated with Dyaus, Zeus and Jove. It’s believed he once held the top position among the ancient pantheon..." - excerpt from www.balderrising.org...

Much later Tyr was relegated to a minor role with Odin taking top position. Lord Tyr actually pre-dates Odin and was the original All-Father of Gods and Men. His symbol was the spear, (a symbol now use by Odin) the Rune named for Tyr is the shape of a spear. He was one of the gods who had a day of the week set aside to honor him. Tuesday -- Tiw's-Day is that day.

Oldest European God, his name has been found inscribed (in Runes) on swords, shields and helmets, the most ancient of which is the Negau helmet found in Austria near the Yugoslav border in 1929 dating amazingly to 600 BC. The inscription is written in ancient North Italic letters which are very similar to runes. It says "Harixasti Teiva" which is usually translated as, "to the Army-Guest (host) the god Teiwaz."* Teiva and Teiwaz are spellings of Tyr. His original name was spelled and pronounced Tiw which rhymes with ewe, or the sound at the beginning of the word Tuesday. But the Scandinavians put an "R" on the end of almost every name, so his name evolved into Tyr.

The germanic languages often added -az to the end, thus the Tiwaz and Teivaz and other variant spellings. Translators sometimes spell Harixasti with a "g" as Harigasti. It means "Army-Guest" as though the wearer of the helmet invited the god Teiva into his own body (as a "guest") to lead the army and win the battle. Scholars date the inscription to somewhere between 600 BC and 200 BC.

Scholars believe that he was the original chief god, the Germanic equivalent of the Greek Zeus, who was later overtaken in popularity and therefore in authority by Odin. He was known for his courage: at one stage the gods decided to shackle the wolf Fenrir (also called Fenris wolf), but the beast broke every chain they put upon him. Eventually they had the dwarves make them a magical ribbon (called Gleipnir)... But Fenrir sensed the gods' deceit and refused to be bound with it unless one of them put his hand in the wolf's mouth. This, we are told, is how Fenrir was bound until the day of Ragnarok and how Tyr lost his hand.

norse-mythology.org...

Taken together, certain verses in Old Norse poetry seem to indicate that Heimdall was once considered to be the father of humankind, and possibly to have established the hierarchical structure of Norse society as well.[3][4]

Heimdall himself is, like so many of the Norse deities, a son of Odin. In a feat possible for gods but not for biological creatures, he was born from no less than nine mothers.[5] Some scholars have attempted to equate Heimdall’s nine mothers with the nine daughters of the sea giant Aegir, but this interpretation faces the difficulty of the names of Heimdall’s mothers not matching those of Aegir’s daughters.[6]

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: lostinspace

I thought the wolf was named Fenris Ulf. That's why C.S. Lewis changed it from Maugrim in 'The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Corruptedstructure

I thought the wolf was named Fenris Ulf. That's why C.S. Lewis changed it from Maugrim in 'The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.

It can be either one. The most common one seems to be Fenrir per the Wikipedia links. It looks like Fenrisulfr is a better association with wolf.

In Norse mythology, Fenrir (Old Norse: "fen-dweller"),[1] Fenrisúlfr (Old Norse: "Fenris wolf"),[2] Hróðvitnir (Old Norse: "fame-wolf"),[3] or Vánagandr (Old Norse: "the monster of the river Ván")[4] is a monstrous wolf.

en.wikipedia.org...

It's interesting that the word for wolf is sulfr. It looks like the English word sulfur. The alternative name to sulfur is brimstone. The place where we find that word is in the biblical account were fire and brimstone come down from heaven and swallow up Sodom and Gomorrah. Sounds very apocalyptic to me if these wild canines turn out to be asteroids or comets.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostinspace
It's interesting that the word for wolf is sulfr. It looks like the English word sulfur.

Grasping at straws. The old Norse word for wolf is ULF/ULFR. Hence english/germanic WULF.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

In some texts, Heimdall is not a son of Odin and therefor should not be an Aesir even if he often is mentioned as one. He had 9 mothers that could mean the 9 worlds. Even his name can be translated to Heim=world and dallr=tree. World tree.

I think the theories about Heimdall beeing a sky god is rather new and you have to remember that when Snorre was writing about norse mythology, he seems to have tried to make it as one unified old religion when in fact norse mythology was rather wide spread and different from region to region.

Another name for Heimdall is Hallinskide, meaning "leaning staff" wich could connect him to the pillar of the world.
Another name is Gullintanne wich means "He with golden tooth". That is said to be connected to light, sun and fire. But what if he simply had a sweet tooth for gold? (mining it..
)

All the info above is from swedish wiki, wich is not the same info as the international one. Both do mention that Heimdall is a tricky god to figure out and much about him seems to be lost. That is why I find him so fashinating.

sv.wikipedia.org... - Swe wiki

en.wikipedia.org... - Wiki.org

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Many scholars generally accept Thorpe's translation of Sæmund's Edda.

archive.org...

CHAPTER XIII: HEIMDALL

The Watchman of the Gods

In the course of a walk along the sea-shore Odin once beheld nine
beautiful giantesses, the wave maidens, Gialp, Greip, Egia, Augeia,
Ulfrun, Aurgiafa, Sindur, Atla, and Iarnsaxa, sound asleep on the
white sand. The god of the sky was so charmed with these beautiful
creatures that, as the Eddas relate, he wedded all nine of them,
and they combined, at the same moment, to bring forth a son, who
received the name of Heimdall.

"Born was I of mothers nine,
Son I am of sisters nine."

Sæmund's Edda (Thorpe's tr.).

The nine mothers proceeded to nourish their babe on the strength of the
earth, the moisture of the sea, and the heat of the sun, which singular
diet proved so strengthening that the new god acquired his full growth
in a remarkably short space of time, and hastened to join his father
in Asgard. He found the gods proudly contemplating the rainbow bridge
Bifröst, which they had just constructed out of fire, air, and water,
the three materials which can still plainly be seen in its long arch,
where glow the three primary colours: the red representing the fire,
the blue the air, and the green the cool depths of the sea.

The Guardian of the Rainbow

This bridge connected heaven and earth, and ended under the shade of
the mighty world-tree Yggdrasil, close beside the fountain where Mimir
kept guard, and the only drawback to prevent the complete enjoyment
of the glorious spectacle, was the fear lest the frost-giants should
make their way over it and so gain entrance into Asgard.

The gods had been debating the advisability of appointing a trustworthy
guardian, and they hailed the new recruit as one well-fitted to fulfil
the onerous duties of the office.

Heimdall gladly undertook the responsibility and henceforth, night
and day, he kept vigilant watch over the rainbow highway into Asgard.

"Bifröst i' th' east shone forth in brightest green;
On its top, in snow-white sheen,
Heimdal at his post was seen."

Oehlenschläger (Pigott's tr.).

To enable their watchman to detect the approach of any enemy from afar,
the assembled gods bestowed upon him senses so keen that he is said
to have been able to hear the grass grow on the hillside, and the
wool on the sheep's back; to see one hundred miles off as plainly by
night as by day; and with all this he required less sleep than a bird.

"'Mongst shivering giants wider known
Than him who sits unmoved on high,
The guard of heaven, with sleepless eye."

Lay of Skirner (Herbert's tr.).

Heimdall was always depicted in resplendent white armour, and he was
therefore called the bright god. He was also known as the light,
innocent, and graceful god, all of which names he fully deserved,
for he was as good as he was beautiful, and all the gods loved
him. Connected on his mothers' side with the sea, he was sometimes
included with the Vanas; and as the ancient Northmen, especially the
Icelanders, to whom the surrounding sea appeared the most important
element, fancied that all things had risen out of it, they attributed
to him an all-embracing knowledge and imagined him particularly wise.

"Of Æsir the brightest--
He well foresaw
Like other Vanir."

Heimdall was further distinguished by his golden teeth, which
flashed when he smiled, and won for him the surname of Gullintani
(golden-toothed). He was also the proud possessor of a swift,
golden-maned steed called Gull-top, which bore him to and fro over
the quivering rainbow bridge. This he crossed many times a day, but
particularly in the early morn, at which time, as herald of the day,
he bore the name of Heimdellinger.

"Early up Bifröst
Ran Ulfrun's son,
The mighty hornblower
Of Himinbiörg."

Loki and Freya

His extreme acuteness of hearing caused Heimdall to be disturbed
one night by the sound of soft, catlike footsteps in the direction
of Freya's palace, Folkvang. Projecting his eagle gaze through the
darkness, Heimdall perceived that the sound was produced by Loki,
who, having stealthily entered the palace as a fly, had approached
Freya's bedside, and was trying to steal her shining golden necklace,
Brisinga-men, the emblem of the fruitfulness of the earth.

Heimdall saw that the goddess was resting in her sleep in such a
way that no one could possibly unclasp the necklace without awaking
her. Loki stood hesitatingly by the bedside for a few moments, and
then began rapidly to mutter the runes which enabled the gods to
change their form at will. As he did this, Heimdall saw him shrivel
up until he was changed to the size and form of a flea, when he crept
under the bed-clothes and bit Freya's side, thus causing her to change
her position without being roused from sleep.

The clasp was now in view, and Loki, cautiously unfastening it,
secured the coveted treasure, and forthwith proceeded to steal away
with it. Heimdall immediately started out in pursuit of the midnight
thief, and quickly overtaking him, he drew his sword from its scabbard,
with intent to cut off his head, when the god transformed himself into
a flickering blue flame. Quick as thought, Heimdall changed himself
into a cloud and sent down a deluge of rain to quench the fire;
but Loki as promptly altered his form to that of a huge polar bear,
and opened wide his jaws to swallow the water. Heimdall, nothing
daunted, then likewise assumed the form of a bear, and attacked
fiercely; but the combat threatening to end disastrously for Loki,
the latter changed himself into a seal, and, Heimdall imitating him,
a last struggle took place, which ended in Loki being forced to give
up the necklace, which was duly restored to Freya.

In this myth, Loki is an emblem of drought, or of the baleful effects
of the too ardent heat of the sun, which comes to rob the earth
(Freya) of its most cherished ornament (Brisinga-men). Heimdall is a
personification of the gentle rain and dew, which after struggling
for a while with his foe, the drought, eventually conquers him and
forces him to relinquish his prize.

Heimdall's Names

Heimdall has several other names, among which we find those of
Hallinskide and Irmin, for at times he takes Odin's place and is
identified with that god, as well as with the other sword-gods, Er,
Heru, Cheru and Tyr, who are all noted for their shining weapons. He,
however, is most generally known as warder of the rainbow, and god
of heaven, and of the fruitful rains and dews which bring refreshment
to the earth.

Heimdall also shared with Bragi the honour of welcoming heroes to
Valhalla, and, under the name of Riger, was considered the divine
sire of the various classes which compose the human race, as appears
in the following story:

The Story of Riger

"Sacred children,
Great and small,
Sons of Heimdall!"

a reply to: Floke

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya

It's interesting that the word for wolf is sulfr. It looks like the English word sulfur.

Grasping at straws. The old Norse word for wolf is ULF/ULFR. Hence english/germanic WULF.

Thanks for the correction. The sky is not falling.

I just noticed your Project Ragnarok thread. Nice work on the survival campground. Is it still set up today?

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Corruptedstructure

It can be either one. The most common one seems to be Fenrir per the Wikipedia links. It looks like Fenrisulfr is a better association with wolf.

In Norse mythology, Fenrir (Old Norse: "fen-dweller"),[1] Fenrisúlfr (Old Norse: "Fenris wolf"),[2] Hróðvitnir (Old Norse: "fame-wolf"),[3] or Vánagandr (Old Norse: "the monster of the river Ván")[4] is a monstrous wolf.

en.wikipedia.org...

It's interesting that the word for wolf is sulfr. It looks like the English word sulfur. The alternative name to sulfur is brimstone. The place where we find that word is in the biblical account were fire and brimstone come down from heaven and swallow up Sodom and Gomorrah. Sounds very apocalyptic to me if these wild canines turn out to be asteroids or comets.

I think we need to avoid decoding another culture's myths using a different culture's myths and personal beliefs. It may not be possible or desirable to decode myths at all.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

The Norse Vikings were not the only people to prophesy about a coming great wolf or dog in the distant future. From Scandinavia to the Pacific Northwest, a people known as the Salishan Native American peoples believed a great coyote will one day return to earth.

It’s amazing that both cultures on either side of the Atlantic came up with a similar story about a god like dog coming to earth in the future. The Vikings saw him as a wolf and the Salishan people saw him as a coyote. I wonder if these cultures may have had contact with each other in some distant past. Could the Norse gods Odin, Tyr, Thor, Freyr and Heimdallr represent the good Scandinavia gods and their evil counterparts Fenrir (wolf), Jormungandr (serpent) and Hel (underworld) represent the gods of the North American cultures?

Please see the following thread for information on the similarities between the Norse war god and the Aztec war god.

The coyote as trickster is found all across North America.

According to Crow (and other Plains) tradition, Old Man Coyote impersonates the Creator, "Old Man Coyote took up a handful of mud and out of it made people" 1. His creative power is also spread onto words, "Old Man Coyote named buffalo, deer, elk, antelopes, and bear. And all these came into being"

In Chelan myths, Coyote belongs to the animal people but he is at the same time "a power just like the Creator, the head of all the creatures"

The Paiute said that coyote was a spiritual being. But here's the interesting thing from the Paiute , they said that coyote went East, across the ocean, got humans there and came back.

Question, how did a plains tribe know about an ocean to the east? And what is east of North America? This is a flood myth among the Paiute. So how did the Paiute know about the flood and a place across the ocean, that where they claim Indians came from?

Solutreans.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya
a reply to: ElohimJD
Im guessing from your name you got this information from someone who wanted to believe that Scandinavians were gods chosen people. First actual king of Denmark Gorm Gamli.

Please explain how your tribe of dan went from speaking a semitic language into an indo-european one. Please explain where the vowels in old norse would have had to suddenly appear from. Please explain why the "masters of the sea" didnt even have sails until right before the viking age, despite them existing in southern europe forever.

Mark does not mean mark!! It means Land! How can say things you dont even understand? What vikings blowing horn of ragnarok?! Ragnarok is noted by 3 seasons of winter in a row which hasnt happened! And the maya calendar doesnt end, it goes tens of thousands of years into the future. You dont know what you're talking about!!

Interesting reply to my post.

I will attempt to go one at a time, however your attitude and belittling comments leave much to be desired as one worth communicating with regarding these things.

The ancient Danes (circa 1000 BCE) were not God's chosen people. They had chosen to abandon their brothers in Israel during the time of the judges (circa 1300 BCE). The northern tribe of Dan fled Westward by sea (Dan was a sea fairing tribe) during an invasion of Northern Israel by Assyria (modern day Germans), they rebelled against God and did not trust God to fight their battles for them, due to sin (idolatry, pagan worship), as a result they lost their inheritance and identity as a tribe of Israel; and brought pagan worship to the lands of the North men.

This is all recorded in the 1st century by Josephus and documented with artifacts and letters between kings at the time.

Your obvious bias against Israel is clear in your vigorous attack on my sources of history and in particular my name, your using my screen name to generate this type of response says more about your inner spirit then one might think. All of these things can be proven with ancient artifacts; though I will not spend all my time doing this research for you, you will get more out of it if you pursue knowledge on your own.

Gorm the old was the first "recognized" king of Denmark by the Holy Roman Empire. Do you really think their history began in 900 AD? What was the history of the Roman labelled "barbarians" living in Denmark long before the 7 hilled city ever existed? Research actual Danish history from Danish scholars (and not wiki) and you will find Danus I was the first king of the Danes 1900 years before Gorm.

They lost their native tongue in the same manner all the "lost tribes" did. They were enslaved for a period of time and adopted the language of their captors; in this case the captors were the Assyrians (Germanic) thusly they adopted an "indo-European" language and lost their native tongue; however Hebrew influences on many indo-European words indicates the two had much intermingling during the establishment of early communication trends.

Vowels in old Norse were added by outsiders. A great example of this is the name of the 4th day of the week.

Wednesday (Norse day of the week)

Why is it spelled in this manner?

Wednesday is "Odin's day", in old Norse; Odin was sometimes called Vodin/Vodan/Woden/Wodan/Wodin in English.

It was spelled Wdnsdy (Woden's day), when Englishmen added the vowels it became Wednesday.

"Mark" and "land" are the same thing in this usage. Dan's Land, Dan's Mark, Dan's Area, Dan's Space etc. We "mark" "land" with a symbol (flag) to assign ownership. Dan's "sign" is his name, this can be applied to the Rivers Don (Dan), Dniper (Dan's River) as well.

As for the blowing of Ragnarok, Here is a link to the story.
www.dailymail.co.uk... html

Many concluded the end of the "current cycle" of the Mayan calendar was not supposed to be December 21, 2012 but rather December 2013. There is a thread here on ATS discussing this adjustment. All I was suggesting was the synchronicity between the Norsemen blowing the horn of Ragnarok and the perceived "end of the Mayan cycle" being within a year of one another might be another piece of evidence linking the ancient Danes to the New World Natives.

Linking end of the age myths of wolves and coyotes.

I will admit I do not understand everything, but I know exactly what I am talking about in regards to the present discussion; regardless of your bias against what I have presented.

God Bless,

edit on 26-8-2014 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Floke
I have read some theories that Tyr in the early myths was actually either was the highest god, even higher than Odin or simply was another name for Oding (tyr means god). Some of the early traits for Tyr was later on passed over to the more popular Odin and he was reduced to one of the Allfathers sons. Im sorry I cant recall where I read this but it is mentioned in this wiki-link.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

And I do not know if I missunderstan the years RlohimJD is talking about because you cant say Odin was a human 1000 years ago?? If so, why is his name in myths much older than that??

Another not so talked about god is Heimdall, who some say are either connected to, or is the representative of Yggdrasil, the world tree. Yggdrasil could be what we see as the Milkyway and I read sonewhere that Heimdall could be a "sky god" and not from Asgard. He is connected to both gold and giving wisdom to humans A sky god who likes gold and gives wisdom to humans... I dont wanna say Anunnaki so I wont.

1000 BCE (3000 years ago)

God Bless,

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

This is another version of that story, recorded in the late 19th century from a Gosiute( skull valley piute), teller.

Skull valley is the impossibly desolate valley west of great salt lake and east of the Bonneville salt flats, you would be hard pressed to fond a more inhospitable place.

There is another piute origin story I will try to find that alludes to the various ethnic groups that made up Paleo Indians.

Two women, a mother and her daughter, lived on an island in Great Salt Lake ...

Sinav and Coyote lived in Skull Valley. After the girl had killed all the men in the world, she came to get Coyote. Sinav told her that there was no [such person as] Coyote.

Sinav went with the woman toward her home. It was very hot and they had no water. After a while the woman wanted to rest under a tree but Sinav knew better [than to let her stop]. He said, "No, we must go on." They went on to Great Salt Lake. The woman walked across on the water to the island. Sinav stayed near the shore, standing in the water. The girl's mother said to her, "Why don't you bring him over?" The girl made a path of earth through the water. Sinav walked over to the island, the water closing in behind him all the way. 18

Sinav went hunting and brought back deer. The women ate the meat and disposed of the bones . . . Sinav killed two mountain sheep, an old one and a young one. He first used the neck of the old one . . . Then he used the neck of the young one . . .

For several days Sinav hunted and brought in two deer each day. Each night he visited the women. Each woman bore a baby daily and put it in a large basketry jug. The jug became larger each day.

Finally, the older woman told Sinav to go South and take the jug with him. She made a path of dirt across the lake to the shore. Sinav crossed, and the water closed in behind him. At first, as he walked along, the jug was light and easy to carry. It became heavier. After a while, he had to set it down. He went on again and set it down again. Each time he went a shorter distance before he had to set it down. This happened five or six times.

Sinav heard a buzzing noise like a bee inside the jug. He wanted to look. When he began to open it, men jumped out and made a lot of dust. They knocked him over and ran away. Three times

p. 268

he removed the stopper and people came out. He watched them. They ran in all directions. They were the Shoshoni, Ute, Paiute and other tribes. The last man to come out was all covered with dust' He was the Gosiute. 19 He is tougher than other people; he is bulletproof.

www.sacred-texts.com...

There are a couple of other versions of this story from other shoshoneans, in none of them is there any reference to am eastern ocean. They all share the motif of the two women on an island in a lake.

Ameridians are not solutrean, Solutreans are Ameridians. The  hypothesized direction of migration is mot east to west but west to east.

And not not nitpick but the shoshoneans are not plains people, they are basin and range people from Nevada, Utah and California and only recently, last 1000 years, moved into the very western plains.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: holyTerror
The day of Ragnarok has come and gone, with nothing to show but a few viking parties around the world.

Where is the Wolf?

Where is the Christ?

These things are a process not a snap event. The end times of the Bible takes seven years, and no one said it was supposed to begin with Ragnarok. And as for Ragnarok, who said the date setters even had their dates right? Not only that, but it does take time for an ice age to descend properly. However, in case you haven't noticed, it is pretty cool this summer ... at least it is where I'm at.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: holyTerror
The day of Ragnarok has come and gone, with nothing to show but a few viking parties around the world.

Where is the Wolf?

Where is the Christ?

These things are a process not a snap event. The end times of the Bible takes seven years, and no one said it was supposed to begin with Ragnarok. And as for Ragnarok, who said the date setters even had their dates right? Not only that, but it does take time for an ice age to descend properly. However, in case you haven't noticed, it is pretty cool this summer ... at least it is where I'm at.

Well Ketsuko, at least the ice age will do one thing, force people to dress more decently..

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

Yep, and if one of the current Bardarbunga scenarios I'm seeing responsible people tossing about comes to pass, that three season of winter won't be so hard to come by, either.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join