It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 senior Hamas military leaders killed in Israeli airstrike on GazaI

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Apparently Israel still needed to do some weedeating after "mowing the lawn again (their colloquialism not mine).

They performed an airstrike that killed 3 alleged Hamas military leaders (along with 7 civilians). Days before they tried to kill a high ranking militant, but failed. HOWEVER they did manag to kill his seven month old son, daughter, and another daughter is missing and presumed dead under the rubble)

(CNN) -- An Israeli airstrike on a house in Gaza overnight killed three high-ranking members of Hamas' military wing, the Qassam Brigades, the militant group said Thursday. Seven civilians were also killed. The three members of the Brigades' 15-member military council were killed in a bombing in Rafah in southern Gaza, according to Hamas. The announcement of their deaths comes the day after Hamas said an Israeli strike had killed the wife and at least two children of Mohammed Deif, the head of the military wing. Deif's 7-month-old son was killed, and the body of one of his daughters was removed from the rubble later, according to Hamas. Another of Deif's daughters is missing and believed to be buried in the rubble. The strike failed to kill Deif, Hamas said.

The militant group, which controls Gaza, said the leaders killed overnight were Mohammed Abu Shamala, Raed al-Attar and Mohammed Barhoum. A crater the size of a residential block was left at the site of the airstrike. According to Palestinian officials, Israeli airstrikes have killed 27 since midnight local time (5 p.m. ET Wednesday). Hamas vowed revenge for their deaths.

Israel has the capability to go in and take these guys out without killing women and children (or leaving a block sized crater). It must be terrifying to live in Gaza as a civilian. It's a small piece of land with very little defense. They don't need to bomb t all. They could find their targets without killing 11 women children and babies (for four alleged militants).

Israel doesn't want an end. They started this conflict with the arrested of nearly a thousand Palestinians for an imaginary kidnapping. They knew it would escalate.

Story
edit on 21-8-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
But everyone knows Hamas started it Israel is only protecting themselves. Or will they use the excuse that these people were responsible for the killing of those three kids. Using a bomb that was powerful enough to take out a city block just shows the Israel cares nothing about the civilians they kill but then again these people are being used as "human shields" by Hamas so their lives are meaningless.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

Well, even if Hamas is as bad as Israel claims, then the Israeli gov. is proving itself to be just as bad if not worse.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

No.. now HAMAS is using a human umbrella. Israel has to punch through to get the bad guys.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Excellent ,what was the price of collaterals?

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

In total 11 civilians (3 of which were young kids one just a year old) for three alleged HAMAS leadera and one militant who srvives, but his wife and three kids died). Financial cost imposaible to say. They destroyed a block ao despite what I imagine are low "property values" lol in Gaza I'd say quite a bit.

I'm presuming your "excellent" is sarcasm btw.
edit on 22-8-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   

I reckon HAMAS is a creation of the iraelis. They same ole people are still there accept for ones that die from time to time. Like all career politicians the longer they are in the more they care about their own self interest than the people they are supposed represent. But then again I suppose given they are owned by the Isrealies then that would be about right wouldn't it?

if HAMASS was owned by the Palestinian people for the Palestinian people they would turn them over every so often. They fact they cant is evidence they are owned by someone else. Now just who do you think that someone else might be?

Remember, the Mossad motto is "by deception thou shalt wage war' ( or something to that effect) so they freely admit they will deceive anyone they can if it suits them.
edit on 22-8-2014 by learnatic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
And in retaliation for Israel's attack:

Hamas kills 11 suspected informers for Israel

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: learnatic

Oh they are without a doubt. They were supported by Israel to end the Intilifada.

Know this: Israel want's all the land - they have made that clear. They West Bank is closed off so they have no real chance at defending their land. Israel takes it for firing zones, they allow illegal settlers, they don't allow Palestinians to farm freely, they harass and arrest and kill Palestinians there. Since there was no way for them to defend themselves they created the P.A. (Palestinian Authority) to make them seem like they trust them and they are free, but it's just part of the deception.

Gaza however is in a different position and not surrounded. They have(had) tunnels to Egypt where they brought in weapons and had the sea (until Israel imposed a blockade that only allows them to fish 3 miles off shore). So Israel wants Palestinians gone. They don't want to share the land, they want them dead. So they create these groups. Some are real, most are likely Mossad ops (like the militants unconnected to Hamas who fired the two rockets before the end of the ceasefire). HAMAS is real as far as I can tell, but they fire when provoked (most recent provocation was pretending three dead Israeli boys were kidnapped and thus arresting arresting almost a thousand Palestinians, some recently freed). Netanyahu used the medias focus on the plane crash, and the three dead boys (that likely were not killed by HAMAS) to create a situation that BiBi knew would provoke a response. Then they commenced the killing.

The Israeli's refer to killing a few thousand Palestinian civilians ever 2 or so years as "time o mow the grass." Seriously.
They want Palestinians to fight to kill them, and if they don't fight they give them a reason to want to, and if they still don't then they just take their land and kill them off with lack of food, water, and space to grow.

Unless something happens and Israel changes, you will be hard pressed to find a true Palestinian in a hundred years.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow

Israel wrongfully kills 7 civilians while taking out 3 leaders of Hamas, so Hamas in retaliation kills 11 civilians 'Suspected' of being informers.

So the tally is...

3 legitimate targets killed and 18 civilians murdered by both sides.

Wonderful news to wake up to.

edit on 22-8-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

Israel wrongfully kills 7 civilians while taking out 3 leaders of Hamas, so Hamas in retaliation kills 11 civilians 'Suspected' of being informers.

So the tally is...

3 legitimate targets killed and 18 civilians murdered by both sides.

Wonderful news to wake up to.

Incorrect. Israel killed 7 civilians the second day, 4 the previous day. So the tally is 11 - 11. Also the guys Hamas killed weren't just pulled out of their homes they had been in jail and were likely guilty, plus four of them weren't women and children (not justified, but still - they were involved in the game and the Palestinian civilians (at least the 3 kids for certain werent). I don't condone execution at all, but I think they knew they were guilty and it was coming anyway.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

I don't condone execution at all, but I think they knew they were guilty and it was coming anyway.

They were 'Suspected' of wrong doing just like Michael Brown?

Hey, if you want to defend/justify a side in that mess that's entirely all on you.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I don't condone execution at all, but I think they knew they were guilty and it was coming anyway.

Hey, if you want to defend/justify a side in that mess that's entirely all on you.

What an absurd comparison. Brown would've been arrested and in jail if he wasn't murdered. These guys in Gaza had committed a bit more of an offense.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

It is always the innocents the scum use, it is ALL HAMAS's work.
No I did speak as i feel.HAMAS is a nasty creature that poisons all it touches. Otherwise they would have engaged AWAY from the populace and created UNIFORMS.But they haven't the skills or discipline to fight on the western combat level so they do THAT. I realize you are young and warriors are currently not popular (Which only amuses warriors,popularity is itself a bogus trait) and you are hurt by the violence and death.
MYSELF having BEEN that ,naturally, this would be MY response, a good kill.
edit on 23-8-2014 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

It is always the innocents the scum use, it is ALL HAMAS's work.
No I did speak as i feel.HAMAS is a nasty creature that poisons all it touches. Otherwise they would have engaged AWAY from the populace and created UNIFORMS.But they haven't the skills or discipline to fight on the western combat level so they do THAT. I realize you are young and warriors are currently not popular (Which only amuses warriors,popularity is itself a bogus trait) and you are hurt by the violence and death.
MYSELF having BEEN that ,naturally, this would be MY response, a good kill.

I know you are a smart than that and just are choosing not to show it. This is one of the most populated places on the planet. It is around 140 square miles. Going as far as you can from one civilian complex puts you within feet of another.

Don't buy the bull#.

Also, Hamas was created by Israel. So what does that make Israel. They created Hamas and they use Hamas to justify killing civilians.

Create uniforms? I have never heard anything so absurd. They aren't allowed to be a state. I guess you think they should have bases and fly their flag to make it easier on Israel.

You don't understand this war at all. Hamas bleeds Israel's money, Israel commits genoice. That's what it's been always (but particularly sincee the 80's.
edit on 24-8-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Yeah, Hamas started it when they arrested almost a thousand Israelis because three boys were killed (even thought they lied and said the boys were kidnapped and missing).

Oh wait, Israel did that to provoke rocket fire from HAMAS. Well.. Hamas would have been justified to do the same since some barbaric Israeli's burned a school boy alive.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

That doesn't even almost make sense. Bringing the Mike Brown case into this is mind boggling. Your point wasn't made.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: learnatic

This guy gets it.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Im a GULF WAR vet kid I know my stuff and ANY attrition among these "creatures " is a CELEBRATION. I understand a great deal about conspiracies and warfare.
Im ALSO thinking about YOU AND YOURS when these asshats spew their garbage, perhaps being"dark" inside ( as I am regularly told I am by millennials who know me)
YOU weren't alive for the Munich Massacre, when they pushed Klinghoffer A WHEELCHAIR bound senior into the ocean.OH YES I would count it as a reward to be able return to KILL THEM MYSELF but I am sick now from MY war.
Israels history is not angelic I also remember the damn Pueblo incident ,no , outside of conspiracy theories Islam has an evil half I wand dead,JUST like they want YOU dead accept guys like ME kill them in your place ...for now.
I am a warrior of MY chosen nationstate and I will preserve my beliefs which happen to include VERY "John Wayne" tendancies as my model.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I'm almost 30 im not millennial.

I would say this situation is very different from the gulf war. Besides soldiers are kind've told what to do. Of course they understand somethings simply because they are there, bu this isn't black and white.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join