It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA conspired with Colgate to bury evidence of triclosan harm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

(NaturalNews) If you use conventional toothpaste, you could be brushing your teeth with a chemical linked to endocrine disruption, cancer, infertility and a host of other health problems. A recent Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit has revealed that the Colgate-Palmolive Co. conspired with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) back in the 1990s to deliberately withhold safety data on triclosan, a dangerous biocidal chemical that is used exclusively in Colgate's Total toothpaste brand.
www.naturalnews.com...

In a devastating article about Triclosan (you know that stuff in Antibacterial soap and Total Toothpaste)... we find out that the FDA has suppressed information about safety to protect sales of Colgate Pamolive, J&J, and the rest.... Hell be damned for the public... remember? there are too many of us consumers anyway...

A couple of highlights :
**Triclosan in Colgate Total toothpaste linked to endocrine disruption, fetal bone malformations
**Triclosan is a pesticide derived from Agent Orange component 2,4-D (remember, the good folk's at Monsatan's leading herbicide in Vietnam)..
**"The FDA stopped doing its job and stopped protecting the public decades ago," wrote one incensed Bloomberg commenter. "They are owned and operated by the industries they are supposed to regulate."
**According to an investigation conducted by Bloomberg, the FDA failed to adequately assess the safety of triclosan before approving its use in Total. In fact, the FDA deliberately hid safety data on triclosan, all of which was compiled by Colgate...

The best way to halt this nonsense is to not trust their products anymore... buy something else.... vote with your wallet...

This Natnews articles is a followup to the article in Bloomberg last week...
www.bloomberg.com...

edit on 21-8-2014 by R_Clark because: Grammar

edit on 21-8-2014 by R_Clark because: Grammar

edit on 21-8-2014 by _BoneZ_ because: Fixed BBCode tags.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Wowsers. Our daily routines keep getting more and more dangerous.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
let's cut the FDA's budget....all those stupid job-killing regulations, and having to spend billions more on inspections and independent testing?...we just can't keep raising taxes!....(obvious sarcasm, well, to me anyway)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

The FDA is the biggest scam in or public safety history. When I read articles about drs overseas wanting FDA backing for drugs I wonder if they are really that innocent.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I have made some solutions on how we can make change to our current Hierarchical Leadership/Government

at abovetopsecret here www.abovetopsecret.com...

or here nicholsworld.wordpress.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
The FDA has approved a lot of endocrine disruptor chemicals. They have known about endocrine disruptors for a very long time. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure the reason for this. Usually these things do not kill us, they just take away our energy and dampen our immune systems so we can get sick easier. Good for the pharma companies and medical industry..

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
You know, I wonder now if those chemicals are the reason why there are so many gender confused people as well as the high amount of homosexuals in our society today.

Or it these chemicals are the cause of so many cases of autism.

from what I know about the endocrine system and things that disrupt it could help cause many types of cancer and diseases, and nueral problems like bi-polar, ADD, and other types of sociopathic mental disorders.

I guess we will never know

edit on 21-8-2014 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
We don't need to reinvent toothpaste, shampoo, soap three times a year! New formula that washes your hair, your scalp and your endocrine system which will lead to you loosing your hair!

What does Colgate total do again? Oh yea, it cleans your teeth, well we never had that in the past now did we?

I am not surprised, the love of money makes men do stupid stupid stupid things. It makes me feel anger and resentment.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: R_Clark

just yesterday i emailed my friend about use of triclosan in soap

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
So glad I ditched store bought toothpaste and make my own from baking soda, some sea salt and essential peppermint oil. I made it with some ground fennel once and it was even better. Keeps me fresh for a long time.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
You know, I wonder now if those chemicals are the reason why there are so many gender confused people as well as the high amount of homosexuals in our society today.

from what I know about the endocrine system and things that disrupt it could help cause many types of cancer and diseases, and nueral problems like bi-polar, ADD, and other types of sociopathic mental disorders.

I doubt if it's creating more homosexuals or contributing to autism.
Neither is it contributing to the other illnesses you mentioned.

I'm sure you could correlate its use to the number of bigots and idiots in today's society though...
And I would be surprised if there was a correlation to the rise of the Dunning-Kruger effect too...

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: R_Clark
The FDA should have at least made the information accessible.
I can't say I'm that concerned since I usually rinse my mouth out after brushing, to make sure I don't swallow any toothpaste, but I suppose one might absorb some of the chemicals through the inside of the mouth while brushing.

I got my Colgate Total toothpaste tube which looks like the ones pictured in the article, but I don't see Triclosan listed as an ingredient. Could it be in one of the following, or is it just not listed/not there?

Water
Hydrated Silica
Glycerin
Sorbitol
PVM/MA copolymer
Sodium laurel sulfate
Cellulose Gum
Flavor
Sodium Hydroxide
Propylene glycol
Carrageenan
Sodium Saccharin
Titanium Dioxide

Still quite an ingredient list, and I have a fair idea what a lot of that is but I don't see any that look like they contain triclosan. The article said they removed it from soap but not from toothpaste so I expected to find it.

My uncle had good teeth and all he did was wet his toothbrush, put a little baking soda, brushed, then rinsed his mouth with very salty water, saltier than the ocean water. The salty water doesn't taste good but he thought it killed stuff growing in his mouth, for a time at least, though I never looked for research on that. In any case he was never exposed to triclosan.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pardon?

I'm sure you could correlate its use to the number of bigots and idiots in today's society though...
And I would be surprised if there was a correlation to the rise of the Dunning-Kruger effect too...

Go study what inhibitors to Endocrine, or Endocrine Disrupters do in hormonal imbalances. All that I mentioned above can be linked directly to hormonal disruption during conceptional birth in the womb, and to hormonal disruption of certain hormones being produced and certain times during childhood development, and yes idiots (from the Latin word Ignoramus taken from the Greek word Agnostic, meanoing no knowledge) could come from disruption of endocrines. Like your "not having knowledge" on what Endocrine Disruptors can and will do in physical development of the body, mind and disposition of emotions.

And yes bigotry ( and Old French ((which also can mean contracted or narrow view)) a word used to describe the Norsemen, which was derived from the Latin word Sanctimonia, or narrow sight or one who lives in a narrow life style separating them from others). Endocrine disruption may cause this to some degree but in your case it may have played a part. But do to your recent comment, I think in your case, it is choice that causes your bigotry.

Apart from my observations of your remarks let's get back to some facts.

Many people over the same period of time as these diseases and abnormal physical and mental traits increased. many were using toothpastes and other products that contain these chemicals that cause Endocrine Disruption. thereby direct correlation it is safe to say that these have in fact played a part in the development of these diseases and states over the years.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Triclosan, similar in its uses and mechanism of action to triclocarban, is an antibacterial and antifungal agent found in consumer products, including soaps, detergents, toys and surgical cleaning treatments. Its efficacy as an antimicrobial agent and the risk of bacterial resistance remains controversial. Additional research seeks to understand its potential effects on organisms and environmental health. Triclosan was used as a hospital scrub in the 1970s. Since then, it has expanded commercially and is now prevalent in soaps (0.10-1.00%), shampoos, deodorants, toothpastes, mouth washes and cleaning supplies.[1] It is part of consumer products, including kitchen utensils, toys, bedding, socks and trash bags Triclosan has been employed as an selective agent in molecular cloning. A bacterial host transformed by a plasmid harboring a triclosan resistant mutant FabI gene (mFabI) as a selectable marker can grow in presence of high dose of triclosan in growth media

You will notice in that last part it of its uses, it is used in cloning, which means naturally it would help change molecular structural development in humans if taken in over a long period of time say 20 years. Many use the same toothpaste, types of soap, and other things for that long.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Go study what inhibitors to Endocrine, or Endocrine Disrupters do in hormonal imbalances. All that I mentioned above can be linked directly to hormonal disruption during conceptional birth in the womb, and to hormonal disruption of certain hormones being produced and certain times during childhood development, and yes idiots (from the Latin word Ignoramus taken from the Greek word Agnostic, meanoing no knowledge) could come from disruption of endocrines. Like your "not having knowledge" on what Endocrine Disruptors can and will do in physical development of the body, mind and disposition of emotions.

And yes bigotry ( and Old French ((which also can mean contracted or narrow view)) a word used to describe the Norsemen, which was derived from the Latin word Sanctimonia, or narrow sight or one who lives in a narrow life style separating them from others). Endocrine disruption may cause this to some degree but in your case it may have played a part. But do to your recent comment, I think in your case, it is choice that causes your bigotry.

Many people over the same period of time as these diseases and abnormal physical and mental traits increased. many were using toothpastes and other products that contain these chemicals that cause Endocrine Disruption. thereby direct correlation it is safe to say that these have in fact played a part in the development of these diseases and states over the years.

I am REALLY awaiting a response to this from the above poster who blasted you.....Good luck I say...

Well put, very intelligenter speech making there! lol

Anywho, I say everything is killing us....I rinse my mouth out after I brush to completely remove the toothpaste, then I use mouthwash and rinse that out also...I don't like when companies use ingredients that aren't safe, for what reason would this be done? If they are removing it now, couldn't this have been done before and not caused any harm to anyone?

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
www.fda.gov...

That is a link to the FDA's leadership. Look into their background for some insight of who, corporations are people too, the leaders represent.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
www.fda.gov...

That is a link to the FDA's leadership. Look into their background for some insight of who, corporations are people too, the leaders represent.

Boy oh boy, they got some real beauts there working in the FDA. most of them are liberal left wing people with an agenda.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

There were plenty of "gender-confused people" around before toothpaste.
Do you have any evidence to show the increase from when toothpaste was first used?
No?
Didn't think so.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Its mainly down to mercury poisoning they have proved in both seabirds and fish that mercury which mimics womens estrogen in the body turns males gay.

a couple of other things that mimics estrogen is BPA and sodium lauryl sulphate. bpa is in all plastic even on some of your receipts and SLS is used in sudsing agents so its in your coffee toothpaste shampoo

top topics

join